CBS Interactive

CBS Interactive Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014

CBS Interactive President Jim Lanzone

Jim Lanzone

Pros:
  • "Excellent work/life balance for the most part"
    in 10 reviews
  • "All of that contributes to a good work environment"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior Management is sort of stuck in the past"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Upper management not innovative enough"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Company with a great research department

San Francisco, CA

ProsUnderstanding managers that have been there a long time, great location/office to work at

ConsSocially a clicke-driven place and making co-worker friends here is like returning to high school dynamics.

Great Place to work, Great Brand, Average Pay,

Account Coordinator (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood work environment. Good management. Good work/life balance. Overall a great atmosphere. Great place to learn about online/digital advertising on the Publishing side.

ConsSlightly outdated for the digital industry in terms of policies, work environment, etc. on the client services side (At least in NYC). Some NY offices could really use a layout overhaul.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more incentives for employees to stay and grow within the company. For how large and profitable this company is, a 1-3% raise after 1 year of employment with a great track record is not exactly something that would deter an employee from looking elsewhere or taking an opportunity if an outside firm came calling. CBSi is not a place that most employees would want to leave when looking at the company as a whole, but I would challenge the management to make it a place where good work gets rewarded on more than a standardized, yearly basis. I would challenge management to make this a place where employees would never want to leave. While CBSi is not Google, it is one of the largest Publishers in the industry when you look at their digital, broadcast, and entertainment presence. CBSi should strive to be more cutting edge in the way it retains and rewards its employees. Room for growth should exist in a more flexible construct.

Excellent culture driven by individuals inspired to create meaningful, useful, and cutting edge eCommerce products.

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThe people, hands-down, are the greatest reason to work at CBS Interactive. If ever there was a working team I could call "family", it was here. They are also not satisfied with merely being "competitive"; they intentionally and continuously seek out better, more customer-focused and market-driving product experiences.`

ConsDifficult to say. If I am nitpicking, I might say that unless you are in field sales or willing to relocate, there may be few opportunities for advancement, given how simple they keep the organizational structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to seek out ways to offer more diversified, cross-functional employment opportunities.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unbelievable company. Great People. Great place to work.

Ad Sales Intern (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsUnbelievable company. Great People. Great place to work.

ConsThere was absolutely nothing bad about this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Great managers.

A great place to work

ProsThe company is very laid back, very understanding of you. As I interned there I had a mentor who taught me a lot.

ConsMy only gripe is that my internship did not lead into a full-time position. They said it wasn't anything to do with my performance, they just did not have any open full-time positions at the time.

A fantastic, easy going dot com

San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat culture, good brands, has the budget to execute on big ideas, an extra week off during the holidays. Fun internal events

ConsCan sometimes get bogged down in bureaucracy, considered by some to be "old internet," pay could be a bit more competitive.

A lot of work, cool environment, wish the pay was more

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsVery cool environment. Office is very good looking and a fun place to work in. Ping pong for entertainment as well as some special perks depending on the week day.

ConsWork-flow process is terrible. People are not held accountable for their work. Some people just go to collect a pay check while others work hard and both are compensated equally.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to set up a better work process and people need to be held accountable for their work

Great people, fun work environment

Web (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsPeople at CBS Interactive (Los Angeles) are great. They have a lot of fun and everyone seems to get along very well. It is busy but there isn't an overwhelming amount of undue stress. All of that contributes to a good work environment. Location is pretty good, too - lots of great shops and restaurants in walking distance.

ConsNot very fancy offices. Not a lot of windows. The dept. as outgrown the available space.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Good experience over all

ProsGreat benefits that include dental, health, vision, PTO and sick. Great culture with happy hours. Company definitely values its employees.

ConsThe downside is low pay but there is overtime available. It is hard to move up in the company because it is so competitive.

Solid experience and environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople care about each other

ConsNot a clear, unified strategy across business units (at the time)

Worked for CBS Interactive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBS Interactive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CBS Interactive CEO Jim Lanzone. All 161 reviews posted anonymously by CBS Interactive employees.