CBS Outdoor

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wally C. Kelly

I'm great at filing!

AE Intern (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsGreat people, fun atmosphere and awesome culture.

ConsAs an intern, filing paperwork was not exactly what I had in mind when I got the position. The office was also dirty and had ventilation issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive interns more of chance to go out with your AE's

Should have left much sooner...

New York, NY

ProsPay is good- since they have nothing else to offer they throw money at you.

Consno reviews hence no opportunity for setting career path and advancement. Long hours and too much work unevenly distributed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart seeing and treating your employees as human beings instead of workhorses.

Old School Company; Get ready to Cold Call

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsAbility to network with different business owners within the market you work; great co-workers; good benefits; team environment; managers have many contacts in the advertising industry.

ConsLow starting salaries; no possibility of moving into a management role unless you are in sales; a strong culture of nepotism; sales force is overworked; no training; "Behind the times" compared to other corporate advertising companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more training in the sales area for younger college grads/employees in their 20's. Hire outside of the company for management positions instead of promoting from only within. Be open to new ideas and methods of efficiency

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Glad I was able to get out while I could.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThey are very laid back and you don't feel like you are treated like school children.

ConsManagement gossips behind your back and expects you to be perfect. No career advancement whatsoever. Also expect to have no social life, as you are consistently working long hours at this thankless place.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees or you'll keep on having a revolving door.

Good place to work if you are a beginner or an ex-football player

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsIt's the largest media company in the world, which will look good on your resume. It's a good place to start out if you are right out of school to gain some experience or if you are an ex-football player needing a job.

ConsThe cons outweigh the pros by a long shot! It's not a good place to transfer too if you have any real world experience. I felt like I had to dumb myself down to work here. They didn't seem to value my experience at all. I think they hired me simply so they didn't have to train me. They didn't seem to care that they weren't doing things to the same level as the other companies in their industry. I worked a minimum of 10 hours a day in order to get everything done that needed to be done, but was never recognized for it. They seem to hire a lot of family members, friends, men and ex-ball players and favor them over the other employees. There were employees who dressed and spoke inappropriately, but no action was ever taken when they were complained about. The CEO Wally is a major hot head. On more than one occasion he was yelling so loud on the phone and to other employees that the whole office could hear him and made us all very uncomfortable. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet up to date. Start taking notice of your good employees and stop favoring the men, the family members and the ball-players. In fact, stop hiring them at all! Pay people what they are worth. Take care of your hard working employees. Stop criticizing the little things and start taking action against those who deserve to be reprimanded, no matter how long they have been there.

Great Short Term

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Sterling Heights, MI

ProsCompetitive base salary and good benefits.
    Sales people have a lot of flexibility and freedom as long as you perform.

ConsYou must be driven and aggressive.
    It's kind of like a never ending sprint, it gets old.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to throw a bone out there once in a while.

Bitter, not appreciated for many 65 hour plus work weeks. Learned Alot............

Sales Executive/Real Estate Management (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsAbility to work, at your own speed, Mgmt did not breath down your neck very often.

ConsPassed on promoting from within, Brought in new employees to fill senior positions, when positions were given to other new employee's, after positioned employees with 4 plus years was promised to proven ermployees with great track/sales record.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management in various divisions are getting kickbacks from Vendors, I would not play along and that is why I was terminated. They need better Cost Control Management, spend some money, Mr. Kelly on good cost accountants, and better internal accounting controls..... Bonus system is outdated, and should be better paid to performance.. I have alot of other comments, that would help build respect between Upper Mgmt. to the hourly employee. It's not always about $$$, it's about the respect you show your TEAM.

Could have been a good place to work with better training and stable management.

Accounting (Former Employee)
    Fairfield, NJ

ProsThe pay was good and some of the people were nice.

ConsThe benefits package was not great at all. Also the group of employees working for CBS Outdoor are old and out of touch from the current advertisement environment. Also, people were over work, which created a surviving mentality rather than a team work mentality. The work environment in the Fairfield office was depressing.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better training and clear expectations.

CBS Outdoor treats their employees very well, and if you are in sales it's a good place to be.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat benefits, good work/life balance. Good managers and good company culture.

ConsVery focused on the sales staff, if you are not in sales it is easy to feel undervalued. If you are in Sales be prepared for a lot of pressure. There is definitely favoritism in what AEs handle what accounts. It can be very difficult to work your way to the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpread out accounts more evenly and provide more support.

Good Place to Work and Learn

Leasing Real State Manager (Former Employee)
    San Juan, PR

ProsFlexible hours, there are many things and people to learn and know. Every day is different, so you don't get bored. It's a great learning experience if you want to start a service business after ward.

ConsSalary was not bad but could be better. That is a key position and was not paid as it should.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation programs need to be revised and the salary for Puerto Rico employees need to be more balanced compared to other locations.

Worked for CBS Outdoor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBS Outdoor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CBS Outdoor CEO Wally C. Kelly. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by CBS Outdoor employees.