CBS Outdoor

Add Photos

Wally C. Kelly

Great internship experience!

Office/Game-Day Intern (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsWorking with LSU Sports Properties as an intern has provided me with a lot of experience in the sports industry. I've learned so many new things to help me through a career in sports such as working on recaps and working with sponsors.

ConsThe biggest challenge for me was putting aside my thoughts of how others were working and just getting through my work in the best way possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementInteract more with interns.

The best Job I've held to this point.

Account Executive (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsExceptional leadership provided by management. Laid back environment at the office, and every employee knows one another like a family member. That experience was so amazing because of the people who run and work in that office.

ConsLimited inventory of billboard locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with such a great group of individuals. Thanks also for spending the extra time outside of work to try to help me succeed.

Old fashioned management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people, good benefits, 401K.

ConsHard to get management to not micromanage every detail.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great opportunity to showcase individual talent.

ProsTrack record of sr mgr leadership. Results oriented.

ConsCommunication between subsidiaries can only enhance the CBS brand.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease communication.

CBS Outdoor treats their employees very well, and if you are in sales it's a good place to be.

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat benefits, good work/life balance. Good managers and good company culture.

ConsVery focused on the sales staff, if you are not in sales it is easy to feel undervalued. If you are in Sales be prepared for a lot of pressure. There is definitely favoritism in what AEs handle what accounts. It can be very difficult to work your way to the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpread out accounts more evenly and provide more support.

Good Place to Work and Learn

Leasing Real State Manager (Former Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsFlexible hours, there are many things and people to learn and know. Every day is different, so you don't get bored. It's a great learning experience if you want to start a service business after ward.

ConsSalary was not bad but could be better. That is a key position and was not paid as it should.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation programs need to be revised and the salary for Puerto Rico employees need to be more balanced compared to other locations.

Good old boy network…

ProsDescent experience overall,ability to network with a variety of business owners, great personalities to work with, excellent graphic design artist,fortune 500 company

ConsSenior management receives largest accounts, major accounts are distributed amongst favorites, "sink or swim" type of environment, employees prefer a specific person to deal with overall in management hierarchy, uncomfortable office with awkward location.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider being more open minded overall, don't assume everyone thinks your jokes are funny and don't take it personal when someone doesn't find you humorous, you should appreciate candidness and not reward deceitfulness, understand that simply because an individual isn't married with children doesn't entitle you to assume their life outside of work is less important or more convenient, try not to be as condescending and understand that ice in Texas is not at all normal…

I like working for CBS Outdoor, I have learned a lot about outside sales.

Account Executive (Current Employee) Stockton, CA

ProsYou create your own schedule, you have flexibility on who to call on and you create your success!

ConsThe company is changing and there is a lot of uncertainty of what will happen to the industry in the Northern California area.

Great Environment, some processes outdated but they are moving with the times

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsBest General manger ever. Listened and implemented and rewarded us for good work, listened to all of our concerns and suggestions

Consanything that had to do outside my office. Billing dept is absurdly dumb and lazy. Just plain and simple. Even had to call and train them on basic math and proration.

Advice to Senior ManagementBilling Department helps in losing sales. Had three or more clients leave since the billing dept could't figure out charges, over charged and couldn't do their job.

A 'Throwback' company.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Pros*Good hours
    *Decent base
    *Well known name
    *Diverse - LGBT friendly
    *Nice people

Cons*TOTALLY behind the times (from a sales perspective)
    *NO investment in sales CRM
    *Absolutely horrible in terms of welcoming new employees and giving a 'lay of the land'
    *NO teamwork in Sales Dept
    *Worthless unless you have any National business if you work in a major market.
    *Old boys network feel.

Advice to Senior Management*Try to have some kind up team building ideas in house.
    *Bring the CRM situation up to date so salespeople are not calling on the same people over and over again -- makes the company and the employee look like idiots, or worse, boorish.
    *Having internal fiefdoms really makes for a lack of employee cooperation.

Worked for CBS Outdoor? Contribute to the Community!