CBS Outdoor Reviews

Jeremy Male

AE

Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CBS Outdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and coworkers. They love to have meeting about meeting. Selling time is restricted.

Cons

Management wants to constantly change things. Including rates and client policies. This does not set well with business owners.

Advice to Management

Roll your sleeves up and try doing some work. Maybe then you will know why thing happen the way they do. When you have a Sales Manager that does nothing but want to tell everyone how great he is and that he trained the trainer. What a joke!

2. I have been working at CBS Outdoor

Pros

Stocks. and 401 K

Cons

favortism w/ the managers, discrimination

Advice to Management

Your managers should not show favoritism w/ their subordinates. You have several managers that place their favorites in an office just for them, after two minorities were removed, this occurred after renovations in the office. It is a very uncomfortable admosphere.

3. Perfect place for someone inexperienced with a humane corporate culture.

Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Berkeley, CA

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The medical plan should cover a portion of the therapy sessions necessary to remind yourself that you are worthy human being.

Cons

People are managed by intimidation and if you are thrilled by the thought then this is the place for you. Extremely click-"ish." And diversity is minimal.

Advice to Management

The world has changed and providing a respectful working environment is more the norm now. Take the time to learn how to effectively manage adults, as opposed to bullying acceptable performance.

Toronto, Canada: Dishonest management led by a buffoon.

Former Employee - Various in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Various in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time

Pros

Better than no job at all.
    Don't charge you for heating or use of washrooms.
    The President cannot punch you though he often wishes he could.

Cons

Poor management of people.
    Short sighted market planning.
    Reactive rather than proactive.
    Run by a ex CFL football player whose approach to solving problems is to say "Just do it."
    Sales run without creativity.
    Poor or no job skills training.
    Low morale.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves.
    Join the 21st century.
    Upgrade all aspects of a woeful work environment.

6. Glad I was able to get out while I could.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are very laid back and you don't feel like you are treated like school children.

Cons

Management gossips behind your back and expects you to be perfect. No career advancement whatsoever. Also expect to have no social life, as you are consistently working long hours at this thankless place.

Advice to Management

Value your employees or you'll keep on having a revolving door.

Good place to work if you are a beginner or an ex-football player

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's the largest media company in the world, which will look good on your resume. It's a good place to start out if you are right out of school to gain some experience or if you are an ex-football player needing a job.

Cons

The cons outweigh the pros by a long shot! It's not a good place to transfer too if you have any real world experience. I felt like I had to dumb myself down to work here. They didn't seem to value my experience at all. I think they hired me simply so they didn't have to train me. They didn't seem to care that they weren't doing things to the same level as the other companies in their industry. I worked a minimum of 10 hours a day in order to get everything done that needed to be done, but was never recognized for it. They seem to hire a lot of family members, friends, men and ex-ball players and favor them over the other employees. There were employees who dressed and spoke inappropriately, but no action was ever taken when they were complained about. The CEO Wally is a major hot head. On more than one occasion he was yelling so loud on the phone and to other employees that the whole office could hear him and made us all very uncomfortable. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Get up to date. Start taking notice of your good employees and stop favoring the men, the family members and the ball-players. In fact, stop hiring them at all! Pay people what they are worth. Take care of your hard working employees. Stop criticizing the little things and start taking action against those who deserve to be reprimanded, no matter how long they have been there.

8. Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at CBS Outdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer great benefits, 401K, home office environment with full equipment

Cons

No training, no management interaction along the way, no goals or accountability of them, very antiquated database, and no database to manage customers and contacts. Will hire you and suggest you will make about 15-20K in commissions first year on top of salary, and it's not attainable. Plan to live on your base salary. Will move you to a much lower draw on your 1 year anniversary date with much higher goals.

Could have been a good place to work with better training and stable management.

Former Employee - Accounting in Fairfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Accounting in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at CBS Outdoor

Pros

The pay was good and some of the people were nice.

Cons

The benefits package was not great at all. Also the group of employees working for CBS Outdoor are old and out of touch from the current advertisement environment. Also, people were over work, which created a surviving mentality rather than a team work mentality. The work environment in the Fairfield office was depressing.

Advice to Management

Provide better training and clear expectations.

10. ok

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

liked the work in the past

Cons

bad management needs to learn to be more openminded

Awful?

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time

Pros

Aside from any management, great people.

Cons

I don't know where to start. You would think that with a company like this, there would be some relationship between position and competence. Like a manager should know how to use a question mark in a sentence, or not make up words, or not say that their best skill is delegating. Unfortunately, that's not the case at all. I could really go on a rant here, but I’ll be brief. If you want to be in sales, there’s no training, so good luck. If you want a career path, it won’t happen unless you’re in sales and can network with the right guys. If you’re in anything other than a sales role, there’s no training and no opportunity for growth. I really like the people I worked with, but this company was a depressing dead end that was a total void in my career.

RSS Feed </> Embed