CBS Outdoor Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Good old boy network…

I have been working at CBS Outdoor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Descent experience overall,ability to network with a variety of business owners, great personalities to work with, excellent graphic design artist,fortune 500 company

Cons

Senior management receives largest accounts, major accounts are distributed amongst favorites, "sink or swim" type of environment, employees prefer a specific person to deal with overall in management hierarchy, uncomfortable office with awkward location.

Advice to Management

Consider being more open minded overall, don't assume everyone thinks your jokes are funny and don't take it personal when someone doesn't find you humorous, you should appreciate candidness and not reward deceitfulness, understand that simply because an individual isn't married with children doesn't entitle you to assume their life outside of work is less important or more convenient, try not to be as condescending and understand that ice in Texas is not at all normal…

2. ok

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

liked the work in the past

Cons

bad management needs to learn to be more openminded

Awful?

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time

Pros

Aside from any management, great people.

Cons

I don't know where to start. You would think that with a company like this, there would be some relationship between position and competence. Like a manager should know how to use a question mark in a sentence, or not make up words, or not say that their best skill is delegating. Unfortunately, that's not the case at all. I could really go on a rant here, but I’ll be brief. If you want to be in sales, there’s no training, so good luck. If you want a career path, it won’t happen unless you’re in sales and can network with the right guys. If you’re in anything other than a sales role, there’s no training and no opportunity for growth. I really like the people I worked with, but this company was a depressing dead end that was a total void in my career.

5. I like working for CBS Outdoor, I have learned a lot about outside sales.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Stockton, CA

I have been working at CBS Outdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You create your own schedule, you have flexibility on who to call on and you create your success!

Cons

The company is changing and there is a lot of uncertainty of what will happen to the industry in the Northern California area.

Pros

Decent experience if you can survive a "sink or swim" type of environment. Ok money to be made even if you're not appreciated for the effort. As long as you're generating results you can advance into sales management (if you can stand working for one of the company's senior managers)

Cons

Ex-athlete senior management are less than intelligent, spiteful bullies. The East Coast Senior Vice President excels at management through harassment, interrogation and humiliation. Avoid working in one of his East Coast markets for sure. Totally unprofessional management approach.

Advice to Management

Treat people like humans and not as disposable assets. Get rid of the bullying atmosphere. Invest in your staff and encourage them with positive feedback, adopt a zero tolerance policy of harassment and enforce it, even if it's the company's senior managers.

Perfect place for someone inexperienced with a humane corporate culture.

Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Berkeley, CA

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The medical plan should cover a portion of the therapy sessions necessary to remind yourself that you are worthy human being.

Cons

People are managed by intimidation and if you are thrilled by the thought then this is the place for you. Extremely click-"ish." And diversity is minimal.

Advice to Management

The world has changed and providing a respectful working environment is more the norm now. Take the time to learn how to effectively manage adults, as opposed to bullying acceptable performance.

8. The best Job I've held to this point.

Former Employee - Account Executive in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New Orleans, LA

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exceptional leadership provided by management. Laid back environment at the office, and every employee knows one another like a family member. That experience was so amazing because of the people who run and work in that office.

Cons

Limited inventory of billboard locations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with such a great group of individuals. Thanks also for spending the extra time outside of work to try to help me succeed.

9. Great Environment, some processes outdated but they are moving with the times

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at CBS Outdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best General manger ever. Listened and implemented and rewarded us for good work, listened to all of our concerns and suggestions

Cons

anything that had to do outside my office. Billing dept is absurdly dumb and lazy. Just plain and simple. Even had to call and train them on basic math and proration.

Advice to Management

Billing Department helps in losing sales. Had three or more clients leave since the billing dept could't figure out charges, over charged and couldn't do their job.

10. Should have left much sooner...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CBS Outdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good- since they have nothing else to offer they throw money at you.

Cons

no reviews hence no opportunity for setting career path and advancement. Long hours and too much work unevenly distributed.

Advice to Management

Start seeing and treating your employees as human beings instead of workhorses.

11. Old School Company; Get ready to Cold Call

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to network with different business owners within the market you work; great co-workers; good benefits; team environment; managers have many contacts in the advertising industry.

Cons

Low starting salaries; no possibility of moving into a management role unless you are in sales; a strong culture of nepotism; sales force is overworked; no training; "Behind the times" compared to other corporate advertising companies.

Advice to Management

Invest more training in the sales area for younger college grads/employees in their 20's. Hire outside of the company for management positions instead of promoting from only within. Be open to new ideas and methods of efficiency

RSS Feed </> Embed