CBS

CBS Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

CBS President & CEO CBS Corporation Leslie Moonves

Leslie Moonves

Pros
  • Big company, definitely has good benefits, lots of departments to network with if you know how to(in 7 reviews)

• Fabulous place to work, great people, strong commitment to running a successful business(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, long commute, small office(in 6 reviews)

• There is no room for advacement unless you work at one of the corporate offices(in 5 reviews)

Tax Intern

Tax Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsA great internship program, available exclusively to students, a great learning experience. Interns are exposed to real work and given exceptional guidance along the way.

ConsLittle turnover means limited opportunities to grow, very few interns go on to be hired full time because there are few openings. need to leave to grow.

great

Prosbest company to wrk with

Conssalary is not that great

Good environment

ProsGod people, Staff is very friendly and helpful.

ConsUnstable Management there was a lot of turnover on the digital side.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

AMAZING

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people within the company are so open to helping you whenever you need it. Everyone wants everyone to succeed.

ConsNot really too much for me to complain about. Being completely honest, I have no issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementI just wish that we could see you all more often.

Great name, decent experience

ProsGreat name on your resume, good 401k options

ConsA lot depends on your department management. Mine, for example, do no engage in regular annual performance reviews and plead budget concerns regularly. It's hard to feel good about America's Most Watched Network when we're told we can no longer use our corporate card for bottles of water at the airport, or you're told your work is good but there's no money for a promotion

Like it's programming, status quo, generic and bland but safe.

Producer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBig company, definitely has good benefits, lots of departments to network with if you know how to. Depending on the dept you work in, hours are fair.

ConsToo corporate but it is what it is, lack of community, not the best pay depending on dept politics. No room to grow.
    Employees in some depts stuck in high school, wish they'd do more socializing events for employees.

If you're a creative, sometimes you're not allowed to be too creative. They preach to think outside the box but they don't want you to in the end. Corporate Brand is too important to encourage change.

Advice to Senior Managementstop playing favorites. You're in the communication field so COMMUNICATE. Offer incentives for employees to work harder.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people, and work environment

Consno room for change, but there is room for growth

Still very new here...

Video Producer (Current Employee)

ProsBut with the little amount of time I have been here, I can tell that the people I work with are genuinely nice and really love what they do. Everyone seems to get along and is very professional.

ConsOnly part-time position right now

Great!

ProsThis is a great company to work for. They offer a competitive salary, benefits and outside of office activities. The people are friendly which makes the environment enjoyable. They allow you to be very creative and are open to ideas and suggestions.

ConsThe offices are in poor condition and are in desperate need to be updated.

Great place if you can get through the door...good luck!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsStability and an old school culture. Lots of people working here for 20 or 30 or more years.
    Some wonderful people working here.
    Lots of smart people to work with here.
    Good benefits.

ConsDifficult to break into the executive ranks, unless you are related to someone.
    Lack of interest in continuing to develop current employees.
    Outside candidates are often hired first instead of promoting from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove the company culture to one that is more modern and compatible with other top employers.

Worked for CBS? Contribute to the Community!