CBT Direct Reviews

1.5

David Parkinson

It was great at 1st but it is really hard to get sales unless you have been there a long time.

Former Employee - Training Adviser  in  Tarpon Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Training Adviser in Tarpon Springs, FL

I worked at CBT Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are good at cold call sales this is a great job if you can wait for commission and keep making sales.

Cons

It is a commission based job and even if you sell to a big company and your cut is $30,000.00 which was a 1/3 of the total commission and you don't any sales for a week after that you get let go and your $30,000.00 omission goes to the company's pocket!

Senior Training Advisor/ Sales Consultant/Whatever they wanted us to be that Year so we wouldn't get shut down

Former Employee - Long Term Employee  in  Tarpon Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Long Term Employee in Tarpon Springs, FL

I worked at CBT Direct full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It was air conditioned... It had an elevator that worked 75 % of the time... Insurance at full cost +...

Cons

Everything... I'm pretty sure this is what slavery was like... The "owners" make money and you end up either owing them money or "borrowing" minimum wage... While this is happening you are being yelled at constantly... You are required to endure a roll call similar to a prison every morning and they breed a resistance is futile enviroment....

Retire !!!!

Sales can be aggressive and income-rewarding, but deceit and questionable ethics are not enough of a reason to work here

Former Employee - Training Advisor
    Former Employee - Training Advisor

I worked at CBT Direct

Pros

You can make as money as you want....it is all commission work--no base. Effort is rewarded with the paycheck....altruistic rewards, though--not so much.

Cons

Bad reputation, uncomfortable with the high pressure selling techniques and questionable ethics. Want to make money, but need to sleep at night.

The extraordinary attention paid to top producers should be given to the support staff as well---tech, sales managers, enrollment, office, etc......they are part of the machine.
    Also, the goal of higher profit does not justify questionable ethical behavior.

Worked for CBT Direct? Contribute to the Community!