CBV Collection Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Richards

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslots of friendly people lots of new faces lots of great friends

Conshigh turn over high turn over high turn over

Hours were good, work was repetitive

Collections Officer (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsSet schedule, holidays off, commission

ConsManagement played favorites, commission structure altered with no notice, abusive debtors, micro-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffice seemed to have a culture of wanting to to do well but not too well. Collectors would not appropriately rewarded for amount of debt collected. If you were doing too well you got moved to another portfolio (and earned less commission).

Advice: create a culture of genuine appreciation and compensation for a job well done.

Debt Collector at CBV Collections

Debt Collector (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsSome great co-workers
    Decent hours
    Decent location

ConsHorrible culture
    Bad senior management
    Bad managers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High pressure to perform

Collections Officer (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsEasy money for someone with decent communication skills.

ConsMonthly targets sometimes unfair and unattainable

Advice to Senior ManagementI liked the management. I couldn't manage a bunch of collectors.

Descent company. Not much opportunities

Collections Agent (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsEarning quotas are doable however you get a very short time to do it and prove you're worthy.

ConsManagement is not great at all. Some of the managers lack the necessary skills to manage. It makes it hard to feel appreciated or valued. Also pay is awful.

Not bad!

Collections Officer (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Proseasy to get in, good management, useful experience on the phone with people, good experience with sales, easy to make commission

Consonly bad thing is low salary

Advice to Senior Managementgive big salary increases. especially to top performers

Is good, but

Collections Officer (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsThe company is good, the experience is pretty good to....

ConsSalary need to be more $$$

manager

Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosgood company to work for

Conshave to work on weekend

CBV grants anyone who wants to prove him/herself a chance without any prejudice or assumption.

Collector (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsThey do hire everyone, but for people who don't have experience, they do not turn you away. They give you a chance to proof yourself and if you are a fast learner, you would succeed! Managers and supervisors in general are quite friendly and helpful whether it is job related or personal issue if you have shown that you are competent and not here to just slack!! Quota does suck but honestly, anyone who is willing to put in some hard work will succeed. I am not going to lie, I wrote this to defend CBV against the first post. With decent pay, and also an office job, working 7:30 is not too too bad. You get off early too. If you look at the job market, many jobs start you way earlier with more work load, less pay and less benefit. Hence, I don't see why anyone would complain about it unless they are just lazy.

ConsPersonal quota does suck, stress can add up. People do yell at you but so what? (Any work place that you have to deal with PEOPLE you pretty much to deal with them yelling or complaining to you in some form. ) Every start of the month and eom do add more stress, but stress is something you just have to learn to cope with in life.

Nis num does suck, (but there is way you can find these people and also it is not CBV's fault people don't pay their bills!)

Advice to Senior ManagementManager and supervisor please communicate! I would ask my sup about something and my manager the same thing and 2 different answers! Hire a good trainer please so no one gets confuse!

Dialer: Full blast mode is terrible. Back to back call is just terrible. Dialer calls sometime don't go thru for many reasons. But when dialer people have to get around these obstacles and use their phones to call these numbers, they get blamed for not being on the dialer. Full up time is set dead, and honestly, the dialer people need to be encouraged and taught to learn to work with the dialer but not babysit the dialer...

CBV is decent short-term employment, but long-term disaster

Collections Officer (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsIt's easy to get a job there. They hire all kinds of people.

ConsCollectors only get about 200 active accounts, some of them with bad numbers, and it's hard to reach the target. The dialer system does not work properly, which results in lower levels of debtor contacts. Also, the shift starts at 7:30 AM which is too early. Employees are also required to work on Saturday and 1 night shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us more active accounts, get faster computer, fix the dialer system, and raise wages. We simply dont' have morale to work for $2000 a month. I feel ashamed of myself for being forced to work for $2000 a month. But what can I do? I have to feed myself.

Worked for CBV Collection Services? Contribute to the Community!