www.ccaindustries.com

1.6

David Edell

CCA Industries... WOW!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

I worked at CCA Industries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

there was a lot of talent within the staff... more so the individuals within the departments than the supposed "leaders".

Cons

employees are so scared for their own jobs they are very reluctant to share resources and information. The company has downsized so much and so often its hard to maintain your own workload while having to pick up the slack of the person they just released and are not going to replace.

It's amazing how people who obviously CAN NOT do their job have the ability to hire and fire those that can do their job.... specifically and President who is new and taking the work of the CFO... REALLY????

Soon to become former employe (Thanks god!!!)

I have been working at CCA Industries full-time

Pros

There are some good and honest hard working people working in this company, but inept overpaid management is more interested in day to day politics than insuring company success. I would think of CFO CEO and CTO who are a dead weight and bring no value.

Cons

The are no company culture only sense of fear in CCA Industries

Resign. I can't think of any redeeming qualities that current management hsa

Stressful

I have been working at CCA Industries full-time

Pros

My resume has new qualifications, as I am learning new positions within the company.

Cons

Company has downsized, so we are working with a small work force.

I worked at CCA Industries

Pros

Learned so much from the talented individuals that I had the opportunity to work with.

Cons

The unfortunate passing of Dunnan Edell change the entire dynamics of the organization. His compassion drove the success of the company and management that took over did not have the same drive to succeed.

Niche Marketer, with history of poor and selfish management culture

I worked at CCA Industries full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Hard working staff of qualified professionals.

Cons

Selfish, unprofessional management team does not let qualified staff produce to capabilities.

New team at the top is required.

Poor Environment

Current Employee - Category Brand Analyst in East Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Category Brand Analyst in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at CCA Industries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I don't believe there are any pro's that this company can provide to an employee

Cons

Treat Employees with no respect and they monitor everything you do even if you are a salary person. Salary people are signed in and out and for lunch like the hourly employees and you must make up any time by taking 1/2 hour lunches.

They have recently laid off most employees and have a skeleton crew.

Two many chiefs and not enough Indians. When a new VP brings in all new VP's and Directors from the same company they came from means the company is doomed,

Life in an up & down corporate world

Former Employee - Director of Sales in East Rutherford, NJ
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in East Rutherford, NJ

I worked at CCA Industries full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

To obtain all the insights on why corporations in a capitalistic system, no matter how poorly run, can profit for the owners and shareholders even as the company heads in a downward spiral.

Cons

It was like being in an abusive relationship. The more you want to get out, the more you are sucked in!

Realize who the good, honest people are!

Troubling

I worked at CCA Industries

Pros

Good hours, flexible vacation and sick days, and good environment to get experience

Cons

Upper management refused to stop micromanaging the employees and slowed efficiency. There was always a dark cloud looming over my department and people were constantly nervous about the future of the company.

Although I am no longer an employee, I would suggest to stop trying to intimidate and scare your employees into submission.

Would not recommend working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at CCA Industries

Pros

This is a strong company that has the opportunity for huge growth. They have good products and good workers in place.

Cons

There is no opportunity for growth at this company. They continually hire outside people that management thinks is the savior to the department but they last a few months. Pay is well below average and there has been a salary freeze for at least 3 years. Managment is unprofessional and borderline abusive. Majority of employees are miserable and are only there because the econemy is making it impossible to leave.

Annual reviews reviews would be helpful, even if there is a salary freeze. Most employees would like to know where they are excelling and where they need to improve.

Not a good fit.

I worked at CCA Industries

Pros

Stable work hours and summer hours where applicable.

Cons

I was not given a clear sense of my duties the whole time I was there. My immediate supervisor was at times rude, obnoxious, arrogant and wanted to always be recognized by upper management. That person's superior recognized these traits and never did a thing to manage this behavior. Communication within the department was always poor. Everyone, even the owners, seem to very much dislike being there.

Create teams that can use TQM modules to overcome cost inefficiencies and give a sense of empowerment thus providing some positive feedback. Budget employee growth through allowing seminar attendances to various programs to stimulate awareness.