CCC Information Services

CCC Information Services Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

CCC Information Services Chairman, President, and CEO Githesh Ramamurthy

Githesh Ramamurthy

Pros:
  • "Work life balance, Great location, Good people"
    in 9 reviews
  • "A handful number of good people who are hoping that company will get better are still around"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "management team is not capable of helping to solve execution problems"
    in 5 reviews
  • "There is no direction, no structure, and no value placed in the employees of the company"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Technical Outdated Product and Low Experienced Tech Team

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsLocation of the office is great! Located at World Trade Center in Chicago.

ConsTechnical Outdated Product and Low Experienced Tech Team

Advice to Senior ManagementMove forward updating product technology. Hire more full time employees than relying on offshore consulting companies.

Great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat products that auto insurance companies need.

ConsNot much communication between the office and the field employees. It did improve the last two years I was there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Account Managers need to let the Field Consultants know what they are doing in the client's offices.

It's not that good

ProsNice benefits, good paid vacation and snack machine

ConsBad work ethic, inexperienced higher ups and high turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease promote more experienced people.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The place is a "Train Wreck"

Chicago, IL

ProsFlexibility, location, office, staff, product

ConsStrategic planning, compensation, leadership, integrity and reverence

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out who is in charge and start leading.

A lot to learn but, it offers a lot of opportunity & is a HPO

CS Post Val (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits, High Performance Organizations performance = higher pay. advancements

ConsA lot of information to learn & on going learning, can be overwhelming

Advice to Senior Managementwould enjoy more 1 on 1 feedback w/ management, have made great strides in suggestions, opinions and overall engagement

A Review from a Sioux Falls Employee

Not the Head Cheese (Current Employee)
    Sioux Falls, SD

ProsOne of the biggest pro's of the company is that they hire, reward, and promote from within. In my department, employees are recognized for their contributions. This has provided a very positive work experience when I compare to prior employers. Some (not all) of the managers are actually involved with their teams, and do whatever they can to see their team members succeed.

Compensation packages are very competitive for the area, especially when the lack of difficulty for the majority of the positions are considered. Overall, the atmosphere is friendly and inviting. Periodic games, events, treats, lunches, etc are provided to the teams for varying reasons. Advancement is based on personal merit and contributions. Treat the company well, and the company will treat you well. Even new hires are given plenty of time off to use. (Just make sure you schedule for it)

ConsThe biggest problem this company has riding against it is a severe lack of ability to utilize available technology. Many departments are using software that 15+ years old. The network at the Sioux Falls location is abysmal and unstable. For a company that relies on web based applications, a connection that is regularly bogged down to the point of being unusable is grossly inadequate and unacceptable when metrics have to be met.

Advancement is a double edged sword. This is a good company to work for, but because of that, turnover is comparably low, and thus, advancement opportunities are rare.

Scheduling is strict and inflexible. Seniority gets first picks at choice shifts. If you are looking to work here, and you have school, make sure you are willing to plan your school around your schedule here. If management says they will work with you around your school schedule, they are lying to your face. You are expected to adhere to your shift, no questions asked. If time off is approved (scheduled in advance) by management, you are fine. If you take time off that is unapproved, you are going to get dinged. If you are looking at working here, come in knowing this ahead of time, and you will be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are getting all sorts of feedback about CCC being behind on the times for technology. Get your head out of the clouds and do something about it. Other than that, keep up the positive attitudes towards your teams. For most of you, you're doing something right.

Constant growth, not a boring desk job

Valuator (Current Employee)
    Sioux Falls, SD

ProsI feel that my voice is heard, which is important to me. Some suggestions are implemented, others not, but I know they are heard. While previous employers talk the talk, I believe the core managers are invested and genuinely want workers to succeed. This small group of managers knows the details of the jobs we perform. The company as a whole is aggressive.

ConsMy immediate managers don't know my job, and while they went thru quasi-training, most cannot sit in their team member's chairs and perform their functions. While productions standards are necessary, I feel it is often at the expense of quality. There seems to be a lot of hand-holding for workers who maybe just don't fit the position. There are several instances of new policies to work around these people instead of simply making them do their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevert back to an HPO mantra and expect workers to work hard and reward them for it. It is painfully obvious which workers are just warming the seats and it does not inspire the rest of us.

B+?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, reasonable opportunities.

ConsMentality is sometisme traditional rather than cutting edge.

Good people, not ambitious

ProsWork life balance, Great location, Good people

ConsLimited growth
    Filled with people who stayed with the firm for ages

Advice to Senior ManagementFresh thinking is needed

It was a fantastic company to work for in the early 90's right out of college for me.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt taught me to present, how to sell in different areas of the US, how to be aggressive and competitive in field sales.

ConsIt was a growing company at the time and went from public to private while I was there, and that was a huge cultural change.

Worked for CCC Information Services? Contribute to the Community!

CCC Information Services Videos

CCC Information Services – Why Work for Us?

CCC Information Services CCC is always searching for bright talent with an entrepreneurial spirit, looking for a work culture where innovation is the goal, agile collaboration is the norm, hard work is expected and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CCC Information Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CCC Information Services CEO Githesh Ramamurthy. All 93 reviews posted anonymously by CCC Information Services employees.