CCIM

Updated Feb 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

CCIM - My work life there

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at CCIM as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsCCIM is like a big family of consultants; most of us have been there for more than 3 years and know each other very well. It is very easy to work together when you have known each other for so long and, in most cases, also like each other.

ConsSometimes (not often though) conflicting business directions were given.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the communication channels to staff as open and as honest as possible.
Otherwise, the Senior Management team was extremely open and friendly to the rest of CCIM.

This was an enjoyable contract where I learned more than the service I provided.

Training Consultant (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at CCIM as a contractor for more than a year

ProsVery positive work environment. More casual than expected and people generally enjoyed working with each other. Everyone was a consultant, so that there was a lot of respect for each other, minimal hierarchy and power trips.

ConsWhen the Ministry became more interested in our business, they started to make it a little harder to get your work done by overloading you with bureaucracy and nickle and diming on the travel expenses - not to mention barely refunding your personal vehicle fees for business travel.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is directed towards the MOHLTC who ran CCIM. They are humourless, untrusting and overly focused upon beurocracy.

Great subject matter experts, fantastic pay but you have to learn politics 101 quickly

Contractor for Community Care Information Management - MOH (Former Employee)

I worked at CCIM

ProsFantastic pay as a contractor on a per diem rate
The subject matter experts are great in sharing information and best practices
Some individuals are very collaborative
They try the best to implement a solution to improve the healthcare in Ontario
Project Leads are fantastic and work very hard on delivery and mentoring
Great learning opportunity for healthcare and IT projects
Most individuals really care about others, the projects and the Ontario public
Great way to learn politics 101 and government work mentality
Very smart people with extensive experiences in healthcare and IT.

ConsA lot of favouritism based on buddy mentality versus real work ethics
Bully mentality with some of the senior management this includes in-house services
No innovation: working with tier 3 software with tier 1 public money
It is all 'who you know not what you know' that permits you to stay and progress within the organization
There was a massive layoff early in 2011 that left a number worried for their job (no change management or risk mitigation plan)
Not productive as there is no organizational effectiveness. Some tools implemented but not managed or leveraged properly. (Alfresco Collab tool)
In-house systems are antiquated - similar to AS400
Too much secrecy

Advice to Senior ManagementDemonstrate the values as there is a lack of respect for contractors
Make decisions based on strategic business solutions versus personal ones (don't keep friends and let go of star performers that make a positive difference)
Don't be threatened by contractors that have more experience/knowledge than you -- use their expertise as they want to help you and the Ontario public
Please remove the politics as this is not conducive to an IT project roll-out
More communication within the teams and projects
Stop bullying your staff to make yourself look more superior
Be honest - don't lie!

Good money, but zero loyalty to staff. Must have it in your heart to not be concerned with waste of tax payers money.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CCIM

ProsMoney is among the best if you are at a senior level.

ConsManagement only thinks of themselves and their best interest.
Extends contracts as long as your rate is low.
If they really like you they will employ you under their company and then keep your rate low but bill you high, increasing their profit.

Learnring curve, great experience and opportunity with superb people

I have been working at CCIM

ProsGood work-life balance. Great exposure to the health care sector, focusing on Community care priorities. A diverse and talented pool of contractors who are supportinve of each other and who work very hard to help each other. A cross-functional work environment where everyone understands their value. A new day = new challenges, good team work, no micro management, flexible and a mostly happy environment

ConsContract environment which leads some to feel insecure about long term prospects.
Full time employment options are not all that attractive after earning contracting rates.

Worked for CCIM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CCIM reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by CCIM employees.