CCL (Center for Creative Leadership)

www.ccl.org

CCL (Center for Creative Leadership) Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vice Adm. John R. Ryan

I love my job!

Senior Faculty (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsCompelling mission, dedicated employees, interesting and challenging clients; lots of flexibility and generous vacation; beautiful work location; employees who truly care about one another; lots of support from management, I feel trusted and trust most others

ConsSlow to move and make decisions; challenging to stay ahead of the competition as a non-profit; salaries are lower, but other aspects more than compensate for that, in my opinion

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on the employee value proposition...we are not like other organizations and that is what makes all the difference

Great Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, great benefits.

ConsOrganization moves slowly. Not innovative when it comes to biz dev or technology outside the classroom.

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovate!

Wonderful place to belong

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsMeaningful work, great colleagues, extraordinary mission, beautiful workplaces, generous time off, good focus on personal balance. I have colleagues who are friends at CCL. CCL is focused on you as a whole person and not just as a cog in a wheel. We work with regard for one another.

ConsSometimes decision making can be too consensual and slow. Pay is okay. Benefits are stronger. A real idea place with a need for more acumen around execution.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on getting the financial house in order.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work if you are a professional-level employee.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGood benefits, working conditions, highly-educated workforce.

ConsLower-level (hourly) employees are considered expendable and are often treated poorly. Favoritism runs rampant.

Advice to Senior ManagementFavoritism (employees being treated differently) by middle-level managers needs to be curtailed.

Worst company

Prosno pros for this co

Consvery very very political, you have to be favorite to work for this company the HR manager has no balls

Advice to Senior Managementtreat ur employee wright and train ur managers

I cannot think of a better place to work in making a difference for leaders around the world

Senior Faculty (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

Prosthe people we work with and the clients we are privileged to work for.

Consnew branding and moving to a more consultant approach to our work w/o losing what made us a leader I the industry

Great people! Interesting work!

ProsAwesome benefits and work-life balance.

ConsOld processes, systems and outlook on running a company in 2014. Pay is low - it's tied to our mission, which is great, but could be a bit higher.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead from the top down, get DAC and bring us all along. Flatten out the organization a little and be more flexible; this is what will allow us to be client focused.

good people and excellent work but behind the times and bloated business model and very low salaries

ProsGreat people dedicated to the field, flexibility in type of work (but you will be trainining, training, training like it or not) and flex in hours depending on the role. CCL has cutting edge research to use in the work and talented collaborative people to help you get your job done.

ConsSalaries are absurdely below market and with no plans to adjust that. They lose lots of talented consulting oriented staff as a result. Innovation suffers here and there is significant angst around making changes that will bring them to the cutting edge (much less the bleeding edge) of the industry. Ways of working that have been standard for years across many industries are resisted and actively fought at CCL by many. They would do well to apply their tools more readily to their own dynamics and growth. A lot of spend on R&D that doesn't make big enough impact on client work and leadership is lacking. Too many years spent at CCL and not with other firms on the part of most staffers has hurt CCL.

I can't say enough good things about this organization and it's people

ProsAmazing place to work. They are client focused, truly a thriving culture based on the high-caliber people in its ranks. This is an organizational culture that you want to work at and would be hard pressed to find a more collegial environment. Great organization that allows talent to take on new roles and assignments to expand their professional skills and knowledge.

ConsA flat organization which makes vertical growth more challenging - patience is required. Pay is truly non-profit. You can make a very good living, well above the mean professional salary, but a third to half less than you would make at a for-profit doing the same work (depending on your degrees and experience).

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is a bit slow to make and implement decisions. A bit too consensus driven at times.

It was a great learning experience as an intern.

Executive Coaching Intern (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsThey are going to give you feedback...be open to it.

ConsUnclear description of the internship. I had to move there- I ended up moving way too far from HQ and logistics became an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some direction and options of places to live.

Worked for CCL (Center for Creative Leadership)? Contribute to the Community!