CCMC

Add Photos

Bart Park

Former Employee

ProsGreat Mission and Vision Statement

ConsNot many co workers adhere to mission statemnet in Professional nor private life

Advice to Senior ManagementReview chain of command

Company doesn't know what to do with troubled communities

Community Manager (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsPays for professional liscenses and all required continuing education. Great corporate office support in Accounting, HR, AP, A/R. Expanding at very fast rate, almost too fast due to excellent relationships with developers and business acumen of Division Presidents. Excellent compensation. Community Managers have a lot of freedom to pay employees adequate wages. Cannot attest to corporate office compensation but Community Managers are paid well and the Community Manager is the biggest decision maker in what their operations employees are paid, so any complaint from other reviewers about pay need not be directed at Corporate office but to the Community Manager. Very good insurance, 25% match on 401k. Good opportunity to move around the country.

ConsVP's are the Regional Operations Directors and are spread WAY too thin. Cannot maintain adequate connection to all communities and do not provide enough support to Community Managers. No corporate game plan to deal with troubled communities, those with major issues out of the control of management. Community Managers are then left to their own devices rain or shine. As the VP's are spread too thin, when problems arise, they do not have the time to assist and so out of self preservation, and being the sole connection between the Community Manager and upper management, they are forced to misrepresent the situation to upper management. As stated above they are expanding maybe too rapidly and the pressure is all on the Regional VP's. Not enough employee connection events. In time with company there was only one employee event, an hour of appetizers and a couple of drinks at a restaurant. Know that if you are hired as a CM, you are on your own. 98% of communities were acquired in development phase and because of this they are able to set operations up for success right from the start but unless the issue is addressed, the have no business bringing on troubled or existing communites because they dont know how to deal with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not spread VP's so thin. Develop specific game plan for dealing with existing troubled communities, and train VP's in this methodology. In Community Management there will always be these communities. Don't just automatically take on the business, evaluate whether they can ever be successful or successful enough.

Don't Waste Your Time

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Ashburn, VA

ProsThere are no Pros to this company

ConsWorked for slave wages. Took over for an absent community manager (for nearly 4 months). Never gave me an increase in hourly rate even though I was running the property completely alone. Offered me a bonus to stay on after the community manager was let go. After I turned in my resignation, they failed to honor their commitment to me and refused to give me the very small bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some management training classes and honor your commitments.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good

Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLots of training and development

ConsJob uncertainty for lower level.

Don't waste your time!

ProsIf you love slave drivers, this is the place for you

ConsManagement is clueless and dues not care about employees or clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get rid of quality employees and keep the damaged ones. It will cost you accounts!

Veteran employee

Program Manager/Director (Current Employee)
    Ukiah, CA

ProsColleagues and co-workers are caring. They care about the populations they serve. they are willing to make needed sacrifices to help the programs function and serve their clients.

ConsNonprofit budget affected by state budget cuts, funding source limited. Programs, program managers, program directors are being micro managed. Additional budget cuts are imminent, staff cuts will happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to line staff observations and experiences. They are directly working with the public and other agencies at ground level, they know the trends affecting the community organizations and services.

I loved working for CCMC.

Manager (Former Employee)
    Arizona (Honduras)

ProsThey have a great work/life balance. They implement best practices and processes. They educate their employees and promote from within. Senior Management listens to you. I felt that they respected their employees, were very careful in their acquisition of new talent and they are respectful to their customers in turn.

ConsStarting to lose some of it's small company feel. Nevertheless, upper management is still approachable.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving to be the best in the industry.

CalCas is a great company!

ProsI love the family owned aspect and the California Casualty Code. It really sets the company apart from any other company I've experienced. My group and management team is also fantastic and I love everyone I work with. The tenure within the company is very impressive as well.

ConsThere is not much opportunity for telecommuting in emergency situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time.

Would not suggest this company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMeeting great people within the communities.

ConsNo training for new team members, no management support.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide training for managers/hire managers with previous managerial experience. Have management that supports their staff. Impliment a training plan for new hires. Have more staff to allow for work life balance.

Too many hours.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNationwide company...easy to move around and up.

ConsToo many hours. No support from upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFight for more staff to relieve mgmt from working so many hours.

Worked for CCMC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CCMC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CCMC CEO Bart Park. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by CCMC employees.