CCMSI Reviews

1 Rating

Sr. Claims Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

I worked at CCMSI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Holiday and Vacation days are more than most employers.

Cons

Computer programs are not user friendly and inhibit productivity.

Run, don't walk, away from this company.

I worked at CCMSI full-time

Pros

Generous time off. Health care plan is good and let me see all of the doctors I needed/wanted to.

Cons

Every negative review that other people have written is EXACTLY what my experience was. A total nightmare in every way. I'm wondering if they all worked in my office. "Set up to fail," greatly appreciated one moment and thrown under the bus the next. Cliques with management that will greatly hinder your every move if you are not in the "in" group and make the entire time with the company hell. Amazing, hard-working employees are told they are the problems while others who are in with management skate with light work loads. I don't consider that just a bad workplace; that is bad integrity and character, and that explains why things are so awful. The two are inner-connected. Horrible, nightmarish communication. Incompetent management who do little to no work while their underlings who are not in the "in clique" are buried under a mountain of claims that will be impossible to ever work effectively or "catch up" on. Employees left in tears and stressed to the point of their health being damagaed. No back-up on your desk if you go on vacation so you will never go. Rude, mean, unprofessional management. No training whatsoever. Despite all this, you are told that you better appreciate what they give you. I have never met so many employees who were amazingly hard workers but were so understandably miserable but have no recourse to change things and were treated like idiots. It's no wonder that audits are bad. Promised significant salary increases on multiple occasions only to not only have them not fulfilled but told that you were never told that. They will make you feel like you are the crazy one when it's them. This is how a dysfunctional family works to make it's healthy family members into the black sheep. This is like NASA and the Challenger disaster. Everyone in the cubicles BEGGED their immediate superiors to not launch the shuttle because it wasn't safe and would be disastrous, but the management ignored them to the very top and went ahead and launched the Challenger only have the disaster that the "minions" had warned about for months and years come to fruition. Run, don't walk, from CCMSI, and never look back. Don't think that you are the exception and this won't happen to you. It's company culture regardless of your branch. You deserve to be treated far better and there is more out there for you than this.

Advice to Management

Listen to your underlings and get out of your office and into the trenches with them. Work claims with them and don't go home until working 10 or 11 hours a day like they do. Believe what they tell you and listen to their ideas and problems. You will probably lose your job when you go to your upper management about the realities of the company but at least you will be able to sleep with a good conscience at night when you lay your head down on the pillow.

The jury is still out....

I have been working at CCMSI full-time

Pros

Option to telecommute and location

Cons

long hours, stress, and desperate need for another claims examiner

Advice to Management

find the money in the budget to hire another adjuster. Pay current examiners higher wages

Horrible Company!

Current Employee - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster

I have been working at CCMSI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are NO pros working for this company

Cons

NEVER had a pending under 300 - just one of the many lies they tell. Had no experience when I started and taught MYSELF with NO help from management. Overworked. Returning from vacation is a punishment. Overloaded with emails and new claims with no help and told to "just deal with it". Management does nothing but complain about the clients, lies to claimants about payments when there is no money and then just does not answer their phone. Pay is pathetic, but you are told to be grateful you have a job.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the lazy, incompetent morons - which is pretty much upper management and YOU be thankful you have employees willing to put up with your abuse

Overloaded

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Danville, IL
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Danville, IL

I worked at CCMSI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice co-workers and good Health benefits. Comfortable workspace. For the most part there is flexibility. There is really not a lot of micro management. Most EE's have been at the company for a long time.

Cons

Very stressful and overwhelming job without much support from the top. Pay scale is pretty low when compared to other companies. Certain adjusters are dumped on while others are protected from overloading.

Advice to Management

You need to value your employees more. Don't dump on them so much and then when they can't keep up, threaten with write-ups in their personnel file. And especially the top needs to look at salaries of the adjusters to bring them in line with other companies with like positions. Quit using the excuse of being in a low income county to justify low salaries.

CCMSI was a great place to work, the Client was not

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Linwood, NJ
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Linwood, NJ

I worked at CCMSI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow employees were great to work with, office location was excellent.

Cons

Did not like the Client as they did not show employees any appreciation for overtime worked or audit scores. My job was moved to Vegas and this decision was not the right one. Client did not care about the workers only cared about their spread sheets.

Advice to Management

Obtain clients that appreciate the workers and take the time to discuss employees suggestions for improvement and better communications.

Good Company to work for.

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Danville, IL
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Danville, IL

I have been working at CCMSI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People, Important work, challenging environment.

Cons

Salary is a bit low but not to bad.

Advice to Management

none

The worst company I ever worked for

Former Employee - General Liability Adjuster in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - General Liability Adjuster in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at CCMSI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job was interesting,because of the type of claims that people would make. If you want a job that does not require a lot thinking this is the job for you.

Cons

The management was very rude and was not helpful. They had their cliques and being a new employee I felt very uncomfortable and out of place. I was fired after only 4 weeks of employment, I never received any type of formal training or classes. Prior to this job, I was a claims adjuster/casualty specialist for over 10 years with one of the most reputable company there is. I would do extensive research and long consideration before accepting a job with this company.

Advice to Management

You should really look at who you put in management. Just because an employee knows the job, does not mean that person is fit for management. They need to have a personality and be open minded, along with the knowledge of how to be in management. Everyone is not fit to be in that kind of a position.

I have worked for CCMSI for 6yrs. I have enjoyed working for them.They are a third party administration company.

Current Employee - Underwriter/Audit Department in Metairie, LA
    Current Employee - Underwriter/Audit Department in Metairie, LA

I have been working at CCMSI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are like family. Our employees are very close and work well together. Managers and supervisors are fair with all employees.

Cons

Their health insurance is not the best. Ordering supplies can be difficult. Parking is a problem.

A pretty Awful Place To Work. Set Up for Failure.

I worked at CCMSI

Pros

Has good health care and dental benefits, and I believe training if you work out of any other offices.

Cons

Understaffed, over worked, no Claims Assistant, expect you to work when on vacation and if your sick. If you don't, no one covers your desk and you are responsible for what doesn't happen while you are gone. The pay is about $10k lower a year than other companies. They will love you when things are good and kick you when you are down.

Advice to Management

Hire some support staff for your adjusters, maybe provide some back up coverage for your adjusters when they are out and put a little more effort into the workflow process to work smarter not harder and help your employees succeed rather than passing the buck.

RSS Feed </> Embed