CCMSI

1 Rating

No support

Former Contractor - Loss Control Consultant in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Contractor - Loss Control Consultant in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at CCMSI as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits were very good. 401k and ESOP plans provided a good source of funding for retirement.

Cons

Communications was probably the worst I have experienced in my career. There was no support or guidance to help sell my services. Noone in my office took the time to understand exactly the type of service I provided.

Get more involved in the loss control function of the company.

The jury is still out....

I have been working at CCMSI full-time

Pros

Option to telecommute and location

Cons

long hours, stress, and desperate need for another claims examiner

find the money in the budget to hire another adjuster. Pay current examiners higher wages

Horrible Company!

Current Employee - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster

I have been working at CCMSI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are NO pros working for this company

Cons

NEVER had a pending under 300 - just one of the many lies they tell. Had no experience when I started and taught MYSELF with NO help from management. Overworked. Returning from vacation is a punishment. Overloaded with emails and new claims with no help and told to "just deal with it". Management does nothing but complain about the clients, lies to claimants about payments when there is no money and then just does not answer their phone. Pay is pathetic, but you are told to be grateful you have a job.

Get rid of the lazy, incompetent morons - which is pretty much upper management and YOU be thankful you have employees willing to put up with your abuse

Overloaded

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Danville, IL
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Danville, IL

I worked at CCMSI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice co-workers and good Health benefits. Comfortable workspace. For the most part there is flexibility. There is really not a lot of micro management. Most EE's have been at the company for a long time.

Cons

Very stressful and overwhelming job without much support from the top. Pay scale is pretty low when compared to other companies. Certain adjusters are dumped on while others are protected from overloading.

You need to value your employees more. Don't dump on them so much and then when they can't keep up, threaten with write-ups in their personnel file. And especially the top needs to look at salaries of the adjusters to bring them in line with other companies with like positions. Quit using the excuse of being in a low income county to justify low salaries.

CCMSI was a great place to work, the Client was not

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Linwood, NJ
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Linwood, NJ

I worked at CCMSI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow employees were great to work with, office location was excellent.

Cons

Did not like the Client as they did not show employees any appreciation for overtime worked or audit scores. My job was moved to Vegas and this decision was not the right one. Client did not care about the workers only cared about their spread sheets.

Obtain clients that appreciate the workers and take the time to discuss employees suggestions for improvement and better communications.

Good Company to work for.

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Danville, IL
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Danville, IL

I have been working at CCMSI full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great People, Important work, challenging environment.

Cons

Salary is a bit low but not to bad.

none

The worst company I ever worked for

Former Employee - General Liability Adjuster in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - General Liability Adjuster in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at CCMSI full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The job was interesting,because of the type of claims that people would make. If you want a job that does not require a lot thinking this is the job for you.

Cons

The management was very rude and was not helpful. They had their cliques and being a new employee I felt very uncomfortable and out of place. I was fired after only 4 weeks of employment, I never received any type of formal training or classes. Prior to this job, I was a claims adjuster/casualty specialist for over 10 years with one of the most reputable company there is. I would do extensive research and long consideration before accepting a job with this company.

You should really look at who you put in management. Just because an employee knows the job, does not mean that person is fit for management. They need to have a personality and be open minded, along with the knowledge of how to be in management. Everyone is not fit to be in that kind of a position.

I have worked for CCMSI for 6yrs. I have enjoyed working for them.They are a third party administration company.

Current Employee - Underwriter/Audit Department in Metairie, LA
    Current Employee - Underwriter/Audit Department in Metairie, LA

I have been working at CCMSI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They are like family. Our employees are very close and work well together. Managers and supervisors are fair with all employees.

Cons

Their health insurance is not the best. Ordering supplies can be difficult. Parking is a problem.

A pretty Awful Place To Work. Set Up for Failure.

I worked at CCMSI

Pros

Has good health care and dental benefits, and I believe training if you work out of any other offices.

Cons

Understaffed, over worked, no Claims Assistant, expect you to work when on vacation and if your sick. If you don't, no one covers your desk and you are responsible for what doesn't happen while you are gone. The pay is about $10k lower a year than other companies. They will love you when things are good and kick you when you are down.

Hire some support staff for your adjusters, maybe provide some back up coverage for your adjusters when they are out and put a little more effort into the workflow process to work smarter not harder and help your employees succeed rather than passing the buck.

Huge turnover - Management incompetent - When is this company going to take off their blinders?

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at CCMSI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No real benefit to working for this company. Others played while I worked and I got the boot because I was not in any manager's "clique". I personally observed employees regularly performing less than one or two hours of work out of an 8 hr day between personal phone calls, "bathroom breaks" and hour long chats in their areas when not flitzing around the office talking to anyone and everyone, including management. Not a word is said to correct this situation because they are within management's clique. Longevity depends on who you know and suck up to in this company....

Cons

This company regularly places people in management positions that are not qualified. This includes anyone from claims manager on up. Good workers are ousted just because they are not in the "in" crowd. Very pompous attitude that anyone can be replaced and they certainly live up to it. Management is lazy at best with NO assistance offered to the overwhelmed adjuster whatsoever. If you go on vacation, expect to come back to tons of e-mails, mail, voice messages, etc. Urgent things like CPs and Motions are untouched. You finally start dreading taking time off that YOU EARNED. You are reduced to picking the brains of co-workers if there is an issue you need direction on. However, this isn't necessarily a bad thing as the co-workers know more than management. The company heaps a ridiculous amount of claims onto one adjuster (mostly those not in the "clique") and because of this, the quality of work suffers. Yet the management is quick to point the finger and "doesn't understand" why audits are not up to par. You are expected to live and breathe the work. The more personal time you sacrifice to get things done the more it is expected of you....with not even a thanks. A common saying amongst co-workers is "they set you up to fail here". What ever happened to the mentality that if the employee fails, so does the supervisor/management"? You won't find that here....

Stop to listen to the people who ACTUALLY do the work on a daily basis. If you are so concerned about the audit results, stop overwhelming the adjusters. Adjusting claims properly takes time. One "dilemma" on a claim can take a half day or even an entire day. No matter how much experience or so called "training" one has, it is an impossible feat when you dump on an adjuster and expect perfection. There's only so much time in a day. Keep this up and clients will soon catch on.