CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)

www.creativecare.org

Employment Status

Reset
4.6
Shannon Bock

The best job for college students

Former Employee - Direct Service Professional in Moorhead, MN

I worked at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Interesting and varied work days - got paid to visit the pet store, go to the fair, go swimming at YMCA, walk around in the mall, read at Barnes & Noble or the library, etc. Every day was a new adventure. - Highly rewarding work as you help people & bond with them - Flexible schedule with many opportunities to pick up additional shifts - Great compensation - wages above average for college jobs and compensation for car usage - Learn new skills: interpersonal, first aid & CPR, etc.

Cons

- Some of the clients had challenging goals to which they didn't want to adhere - Some of the clients had poor conditions of living, meaning some time was spent cleaning with them and that preparing meals/shopping could be a challenge

Advice to Management

None. I loved this place. It has easily been my favorite job to date. I really miss working there :( Kinda makes me wish I had gone into the health sector!

2. Highly rewarding and very fun!

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Taking clients bowling, to the movies, grocery shopping; teaching them to clean, manage their finances, how to read or write. There are lots of different sites to work at that have hours to match your schedule.

Cons

Pay rate should be higher, especially with behavioral clients.

3. Wonderful place to work

Pros

--Meet new people regularly --Know your work is helping those who need it most --Administration is very approachable and communicative --Scheduling willing to work with you to ensure you have an optimal schedule

Cons

--Sometimes difficult to schedule shifts in multiple departments. So long as you are thorough in your schedule and you communicate constantly with scheduling coordinator, though, it's not much of a problem.

5. It's great experience and really rewarding. Well run organization focued on mission

Former Employee - Direct Care in Moorhead, MN
    Former Employee - Direct Care in Moorhead, MN

I worked at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well managed and person centered. Really help individuals live more independently and really care. Hire caring people.

Cons

can't think of anything major.

Advice to Management

Keep carrying out the mission

6. Good work place

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) full-time

Pros

Casual work environment, flexible schedule

Cons

Pay rate could be higher

Direct Support Professional

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional DSP in Moorhead, MN
    Former Employee - Direct Support Professional DSP in Moorhead, MN

Pros

CCRI is truly person/ client centered organization that not only cares about the people it serves but it's an amazing at how positive the work environment is. I love my job, helping people has provided me with so many skills and experiences that I will remember. CCRI Rocks!

Cons

none at this time for me

Advice to Management

Continue to live our your guiding principles. You do great work. Continue to recognize the team members.

CCRI is an amazing organization and its hugely rewarding work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorhead, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorhead, MN

Pros

Its a NON Profit helping people in YOUR community! Its an organization with an outstanding reputation in the community Not everyone like CCRI gets awareded the FM Chamber of Commerce Chamber Choice NON PROFIT OF THE YEAR! They VALUE their employees, I got thank you notes from my supervisor more than at any other job! Its a FUN, FLEXIBLE AND REWARDING work environment There is a lot of variety, your in the home, out in the community. Wearing every day clothes to work is awesome! They are professional and provide a TON of training for new employees to be succussful.

Cons

NONE! Seriously, management is great, your helping people and its fun and rewarding!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, you are truly providing a needed service in the community!

9. Good company

Current Employee - Professional Caregiver (DSP) in Moorhead, MN
    Current Employee - Professional Caregiver (DSP) in Moorhead, MN

Pros

Extensive training Good supervisors Good pay for having little previous experience Truly seem to care about the clients and their successes

Cons

Some staff are very caught up in their own worlds. Can often be a gossipy place to work. Staff will occassionally be reprimanded for talking badly about a particular client, then no one wants to work with that client. High staff turnover which leads to problems of inconsistency with clients.

Advice to Management

It should be more of a priority to fit the appropriate staff with the appropriate client. I've been at sites where the staff doesn't even want to be training in at the new site, and the clients can tell. It doesn't help anyone to have a new staff if the staff is going to be negative and rude.

Good place to work through college, not a lifetime gig for most.

Former Employee - Direct Service Professional in Moorhead, MN

Pros

The pay was excellent compared to other jobs many college students that I knew had. The work was gratifying and didn't take much higher level thinking so it balanced out well with going to school. Working with people with disabilities helps to keep your life in perspective as well. The office staff was great for me.

Cons

The meetings were ridiculously simple and repetetive. Most of the time it seemed like the office staff just needed to be sure they were justifying there positions in a non-profit organization. Due to lack of staff and high turnover, the employment standards seemed really low at times. There seemed to be some behavior that was strictly prohibited in the policy manuals that was overlooked by the supervisors. Usually not a huge deal but we are dealing with vulnerable adults here.

Advice to Management

Focus on retaining your good leaders and eliminating the bad ones. You could pay the good empoyees more to do the added work by terminating the bad employees. Listen to the DSP staff, as they will tell you who to keep and who to drop if you listen.

RSS Feed </> Embed