CCS-Inc

Updated August 27, 2014
Updated August 27, 2014
3.1

Marty Muscatello

Friendly Employees and good work ethic

Current Employee - Software Developer in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at CCS-Inc full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees are very friendly and welcoming to new employees. We all work well together for the most part. The company has core values that it adheres to and most of the people seem to appreciate them. The culture has changed some over the past couple of years but most of us think it is positive.

Cons

With only 100 or so employees, not always opportunities to advance quickly but we get lots of responsibility if we want it. The leadership could always listen more but they seem to try.

Spend more time talking to all employees and learn what each one does.

Employees make this place what it is!

I worked at CCS-Inc

Pros

Ice cream Fridays and a killer Christmas party with booze!

Cons

Stiff culture at times, ability to innovate often stifled by leadership

Walk the building and build relationships with your employees.

Okay company but lacking direction

Former Employee - Logistics in Christiansburg, VA
    Former Employee - Logistics in Christiansburg, VA

I worked at CCS-Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, PTO and company perks are great. Most of the employees are great and easy to work with.

Cons

No opportunities for advancement. If you suck up you'll do great and get anything you want. They rely too heavily on one customer and it will be the downfall of the company. Pay is below average and good luck getting a raise.

Be considerate of employees' struggles and pay them what they deserve. Just because someone has a piece of paper saying they have a masters degree does not make them the right choice.

Good company and I enjoy working there. Employees are treated well and the pay scale is not too bad for the area.

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at CCS-Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has grown over the past 5 years and offers new opportunities for employees. It treats its customers very well and is always looking for ways to better serve them.

Cons

The company is going through some changes now with lots of reporting changes and business realignment. Hopefully it will be a good change when it is completely done.

Listen to your employees. Continue to be transparent with information and company direction. Your employees can help you get to where you want the company to go.

A dismal place this year

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at CCS-Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some great people here that are a pleasure to work alongside.

Cons

There is a lack of respect for those who show care and concern for the company's future. Many times I have voiced my opinion and been ignored. Many coworkers goof off without reprimand. The current funk that the company is in reflects the poor decisions that have come from the condescending, crow happy managers.

Listen to all employees. In fact, seek out advice from the entire crew. You may be surprised just how much experience is under some of their belts.

OK place to work, nothing great but not terrible.

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Christiansburg, VA
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Christiansburg, VA

I worked at CCS-Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy going laid back culture, casual dress, decent money for area.

Cons

Lack of focus/direction, poor employee development, communication deficits

More transparency, more employee development.

Worst company that I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

I worked at CCS-Inc full-time

Pros

You could consider getting a paycheck a pro.

Cons

Worst management that I have ever worked for. Only interested in their own ideas. Who cares about ice cream on Fridays when their is no recognition for a job well done? Presently going through hard times, losing business, and letting employees go left and right, some deserved, most not. Several back-stabbers who continually get rewarded for their bad behavior. If you work there, trust no one!!!!

Focus on your employees and stop focusing on trivial issues, like eliminating the company picnic and monthly birthday cakes to save money. Spend more time with your employees, some have a lot of great ideas!

Great company to work for-No company is perfect but CCS is always striving to improve and be a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at CCS-Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company has great benefits and really cares about their employees, has a family oriented culture, has flexible work scheduling, and continues to stay focused on continous improvement and cusotmer success. The company has been growing for the past 8 years or so and continues to have success despite the slow economy.

Cons

The separation of buildings can cause some lack of continiuity but a new buidling is under contruction which eventually should sovle this issue. While overall the benefits here are very generous; the PTO benefits could possibly use some improvement. There could always be more communication and possibly a better understanding of the company direction.

Keep doing what you are doing; but listen to your employees a little more.

A company where you can grow and be successful

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at CCS-Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is focused on its customers and its employees. Many of the customers have continued to do business with CCS year after year because of its service and product offerings. I believe most of us, as employees, are treated very well. The company offers ice cream Fridays, quarterly meetings, and many company sponsored "fun" events.

Cons

Parking at both company locations is a challenge. If you leave for lunch, it is difficult to find a parking place when you return.

Stick to the company core values and continue looking for ways to engage all employees in the growth and success of the company.

Confused

Current Employee - Engineering in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at CCS-Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm reading some of these other posts on glassdoor and have to call a spade a spade. These reviewers must be the very incompetent ones they themselves are complaining about. I have never worked at another company where the workers have full access to senior management and management listen like they do at CCS. Yea, you might have the occassional case of them picking apart at ideas (as one reviewer put it) but it was probably because the idea was terrible. I know all my ideas have been received with enthusiasm. They don't all get implemented but I wouldn't expect them to. You have to be a realist. I get paid a decent wage at CCS for what I do and am thankful for a job. If they don't give me a raise or bonus one year, I guess that is their perogative. The company gives to so many non-profits in the community, I feel that is what they should do. Give to those in need. I don't go to church with them so I don't know which bible toten wackos the one post was referring to. Must be from someone that doesn't go to church.....LOL. Anyway, I think it is a great place to work that always seems to conduct business in the most ethical manner.

Cons

Yea, I would like to make more money but feel for what my skillset is, I get paid OK. Maybe I could work somewhere else, but who else has montly birthday cakes, ice cream fridays, and great company events that are just fun. It would also be good if senior management would put a little more detail in their annual plan and objectives so the employees could better reach their goals, which in the end, if the company wins, I win.

keep doing what you are doing. We seem to continue to grow even in this terrible economy. So you must me doing something right.