CCS Medical

Add Photos

R. Dirk Allison

PAS

Specialist (Current Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsGreat people to work with, I love my manager he has made good changes to our department and shows he cares about his employees. Pay is good and its not far from restaurants/good food. Company is finaly getting rid of the bad people which is helping the moral of people.

ConsIt can be stressful at times and some coworkers can be annoying. Last Saturday of the month is mandatory....

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to get rid of people who do not work, this will make work a more pleasant place to work at. Buy us lunch at least once a month.

Started out great, but went downhill fast with new CEO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDidn't have to be in the same location as C suite employees.

ConsBullying management style, good old boys club. Focus was entirely on sales, with no thought to whether revenue could be collected, but operations staff was punished for not collecting.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and treat them as adults with brains, not servants.

Documentation Represenative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHelping others solving problems figuring out how and why the claim denied

ConsWirking month end staying abi ut one or two hours over

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunity for groeth and advancement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This was once a decent place to gain medical sales experience, however, those days are long gone.

Sales (Former Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsThe benefits and health insurance plan are acceptable in the industry.

ConsThe #1 con to working here was the day to day treatment of the sales force (and I'm sure other departments too). Treating everyone as if they're expendable (and I'm sure quite a few are) is not a successful way to run a company. Keeping your employees second-guessing about their livelihood is a torteorous atmosphere and does very little to improve production. And this has come back to bite CCS as many respected,successful, and tenured employees trying to right the ship have long left the company. Unqualified sales management with HR backgrounds that have inadequete products knowledge and absolutely no sales skills are forcing "by the book" selling tactics that rarely apply to an ever-changing DME market. A revolving door of senior "leadership" which has lead to broken continuity and a poor reputation among medical directors and c-suite hospital administrators (ie your contacts). A tremendously flawed and ridiculous bonus system that rewards those with little or no integrity by encouraging over utilization and billing, which has actually done more harm than good as the ridiculous and unprecedented value of orders has caught the eye of CMS. To reiterate, since Texas took over this company, the funtionality and job security are limited at best. You will most likely be looking for a new job within a year, perhaps the biggest con of all.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage rather than threaten. Diversify your product list rather than eliminate. Continued education on products and Medicare changes. Invest in a marketing firm/ software or at least a business development team (which was done in success years past) to determine leads.

I've never seen someplace go so far downhill so very quickly.

Payment Poster (Current Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsThe best thing about working at CCS Medical is that they pay me regularly and on time. The benefits are acceptable.

ConsThe company does not care about their employees and their management staff makes that very clear. There is a great deal of discrimination and the environment is very hostile. Bullying happens constantly, but management's view is "If I didn't see it, it didn't happen." Complaints taken to HR will die on their desks - nothing will be done. One employee on my team openly threatened to snap another employee's neck and nothing happened. That employee still works there and the one who was threatened is afraid to be at work. If you have other options for a job, take the other option. Do not work at CCS.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your staff like actual people and like they matter to your business. Start investing in your employees and STOP treating the like they are expendable. Communicate with your staff and be fair about it. Stop playing favorites and stop the discrimination.

Crumbling, unstable SHAM of a company full of lies. Work at your own risk...

Account Executive (Former Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsCo-workers and receiving a paycheck... Although the pay is horrible at least you have a check to look forward to.

ConsOverall CCS is by far the WORST company to ever exist. In one year there has been 3 different "CEO'S" all which are idiots and have no clue as to how to run a DME company. Looks like the company will be facing bankruptcy again at the rate it's going.

Sad part is the patients are the ones who suffer due to their stupid idiotic decisions. Lab monkeys could run this company better than the current management.

There is no growth at all with this company, only made up titles. If you are looking for a company that you can grow in continue to look elsewhere.

CCS medical is hanging on by a thread. If you still decide to work for this company please make sure you document your job performance and save e-mails frm managers for your own job safety. Managers are fond of setting up ppl for bad job performance and termination if they do not like you and you need to make sure you can cover your rear. If they pull you in the office to discuss something important get it in writing and save it for your own job safety.

The only reason I gave it one star is because you have to in order to submit a review choose wisely...

Advice to Senior ManagementNone it doesn't matter because the temporary "CEO" that they have will finish off running the company into ground. God be with this company and the Innocent ppl stuck working for this company...

Good benefits & opportunities to advance

Sales (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsI worked for this company shortly after the job market tanked. My friend was able to get my resume put on the top of the pile. You start out with a month of training "boring" however it showed me that they are willing to invest time in their employees. Most sales jobs will hire you and drop you off in the "deep end" the same day. They started me out at $13 hourly plus bonus. My job was to enroll new patients into their mail order service for diabetic testing equipment. All the patients have insurance and had to have the supplies. I wasn't really selling anything except why we are better than XYZ Company!!! I was happy with the bonus structure. It was based off of how many patients you enrolled per month. I usually ended up bringing home $1000 - $1600 monthly. It allowed me to pay my rent and electric without touching my bi-weekly check. Add health insurance for $80 a month and it's hard to leave.

ConsMy only challenge I encountered here was pure boredom! After about 6 months this job became so repetitive I could hardly stand it. The money and benefits kept me here. When I voiced my feeling about being bored Senior Management said after one year and you can move up. After this boost of confidence and hope was waved in my face. I decided to speak to some team leaders and Managers that I had developed a relationship with. Basically the 1 year is an HR requirement which is fine. The kicker is what helped me get a job here held me back in the end. They told me that even though your sales numbers, attendance and resume is better than other applicants. You have to look at seniority of other employees applying for the position and who they know. Ouch!! It isn't what you know it's who you know!! America...

No job security

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsThe co-workers were the best along with the supervisors.

ConsUpper management didn't know what they were doing. Their expectations were unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management need to learn all the jobs and stick with their plans. They tell their workers one thing ang then change it and then change it back again.

Good place to work, people overall are nice benefits are good, pay adequate

Insurance Verification (Former Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsThe medical benefits and vacation comp is good

ConsNot so good pay,complaceant management

Advice to Senior Managementbe open minded to change, also reward employees that are excellent preformers and don't be afraid to disciplant those who are not

Dead end Job

PAs (Current Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsNo real pros except that I get a check every other week to survive and health insurance

ConsEverything. No stability. Immature managers, gossip atmosphere and ghetto employees that wear club attire. No room for growth. Unable to voice your opinion. My lazy manager loves to cuss and talk down on anyone that isn't on her team- she's a snake. Oh and broken promises!

Advice to Senior ManagementTry keeping a CEO and leadership at least for more than 6 months- pitiful!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for CCS Medical? Contribute to the Community!