CCS Medical Reviews

Great Company Benefits

Current Employee - Intake Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Intake Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at CCS Medical full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management needs additional coaching when approaching all employees (with so much diversity) nowadays
    Just ok for now

Cons

Communication should be conveyed to everyone employed.

Try using surveys to explore the minds of the employees

Race Discrimination

I have been working at CCS Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Neutral location, nice social area on MacArthur

Cons

Management does not listen to the employees who are really the ones doing the hard work and collecting the money. Yearly increases are not decent unless you have a management title. Management turns their nose up at you especially if you are able to afford something that they feel you can only get with their salary or degree. Too many "titles" and not enough leaders. Management is driven by their salaries and not the success of the company, and they talk down to and disrespect their employees. There is no such thing as confidentiality or an open door policy with management. Promotions to management positions and salary increases are given to people who don't have any supervisor or manager experience. It's not a good look when the only people with management titles (supervisor, manager, director, VPs, etc.) are people not of color.

Everyone should be treated equally. You should value your employees just as much as you value your patients. You will lose great, hardworking employees because you don't appreciate them.

nothing good to say

Former Employee - Pharmacy  in  Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy in Roanoke, VA

I worked at CCS Medical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

no pros nothing good to say

Cons

worst management, low pay, no room for advancement

listen to workers, management needs training

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Started out great, but went downhill fast with new CEO

I worked at CCS Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Didn't have to be in the same location as C suite employees.

Cons

Bullying management style, good old boys club. Focus was entirely on sales, with no thought to whether revenue could be collected, but operations staff was punished for not collecting.

Listen to employees and treat them as adults with brains, not servants.

PAS

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Farmers Branch, TX
    Current Employee - Specialist in Farmers Branch, TX

I have been working at CCS Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, I love my manager he has made good changes to our department and shows he cares about his employees. Pay is good and its not far from restaurants/good food. Company is finaly getting rid of the bad people which is helping the moral of people.

Cons

It can be stressful at times and some coworkers can be annoying. Last Saturday of the month is mandatory....

continue to get rid of people who do not work, this will make work a more pleasant place to work at. Buy us lunch at least once a month.

Documentation Represenative

I worked at CCS Medical

Pros

Helping others solving problems figuring out how and why the claim denied

Cons

Wirking month end staying abi ut one or two hours over

Opportunity for groeth and advancement

This was once a decent place to gain medical sales experience, however, those days are long gone.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Farmers Branch, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Farmers Branch, TX

I worked at CCS Medical full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits and health insurance plan are acceptable in the industry.

Cons

The #1 con to working here was the day to day treatment of the sales force (and I'm sure other departments too). Treating everyone as if they're expendable (and I'm sure quite a few are) is not a successful way to run a company. Keeping your employees second-guessing about their livelihood is a torteorous atmosphere and does very little to improve production. And this has come back to bite CCS as many respected,successful, and tenured employees trying to right the ship have long left the company. Unqualified sales management with HR backgrounds that have inadequete products knowledge and absolutely no sales skills are forcing "by the book" selling tactics that rarely apply to an ever-changing DME market. A revolving door of senior "leadership" which has lead to broken continuity and a poor reputation among medical directors and c-suite hospital administrators (ie your contacts). A tremendously flawed and ridiculous bonus system that rewards those with little or no integrity by encouraging over utilization and billing, which has actually done more harm than good as the ridiculous and unprecedented value of orders has caught the eye of CMS. To reiterate, since Texas took over this company, the funtionality and job security are limited at best. You will most likely be looking for a new job within a year, perhaps the biggest con of all.

Encourage rather than threaten. Diversify your product list rather than eliminate. Continued education on products and Medicare changes. Invest in a marketing firm/ software or at least a business development team (which was done in success years past) to determine leads.

I've never seen someplace go so far downhill so very quickly.

Current Employee - Payment Poster  in  Farmers Branch, TX
    Current Employee - Payment Poster in Farmers Branch, TX

I have been working at CCS Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about working at CCS Medical is that they pay me regularly and on time. The benefits are acceptable.

Cons

The company does not care about their employees and their management staff makes that very clear. There is a great deal of discrimination and the environment is very hostile. Bullying happens constantly, but management's view is "If I didn't see it, it didn't happen." Complaints taken to HR will die on their desks - nothing will be done. One employee on my team openly threatened to snap another employee's neck and nothing happened. That employee still works there and the one who was threatened is afraid to be at work. If you have other options for a job, take the other option. Do not work at CCS.

Start treating your staff like actual people and like they matter to your business. Start investing in your employees and STOP treating the like they are expendable. Communicate with your staff and be fair about it. Stop playing favorites and stop the discrimination.

Crumbling, unstable SHAM of a company full of lies. Work at your own risk...

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Farmers Branch, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Farmers Branch, TX

I worked at CCS Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers and receiving a paycheck... Although the pay is horrible at least you have a check to look forward to.

Cons

Overall CCS is by far the WORST company to ever exist. In one year there has been 3 different "CEO'S" all which are idiots and have no clue as to how to run a DME company. Looks like the company will be facing bankruptcy again at the rate it's going.

Sad part is the patients are the ones who suffer due to their stupid idiotic decisions. Lab monkeys could run this company better than the current management.

There is no growth at all with this company, only made up titles. If you are looking for a company that you can grow in continue to look elsewhere.

CCS medical is hanging on by a thread. If you still decide to work for this company please make sure you document your job performance and save e-mails frm managers for your own job safety. Managers are fond of setting up ppl for bad job performance and termination if they do not like you and you need to make sure you can cover your rear. If they pull you in the office to discuss something important get it in writing and save it for your own job safety.

The only reason I gave it one star is because you have to in order to submit a review choose wisely...

None it doesn't matter because the temporary "CEO" that they have will finish off running the company into ground. God be with this company and the Innocent ppl stuck working for this company...

Good benefits & opportunities to advance

Current Employee - Sales  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at CCS Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for this company shortly after the job market tanked. My friend was able to get my resume put on the top of the pile. You start out with a month of training "boring" however it showed me that they are willing to invest time in their employees. Most sales jobs will hire you and drop you off in the "deep end" the same day. They started me out at $13 hourly plus bonus. My job was to enroll new patients into their mail order service for diabetic testing equipment. All the patients have insurance and had to have the supplies. I wasn't really selling anything except why we are better than XYZ Company!!! I was happy with the bonus structure. It was based off of how many patients you enrolled per month. I usually ended up bringing home $1000 - $1600 monthly. It allowed me to pay my rent and electric without touching my bi-weekly check. Add health insurance for $80 a month and it's hard to leave.

Cons

My only challenge I encountered here was pure boredom! After about 6 months this job became so repetitive I could hardly stand it. The money and benefits kept me here. When I voiced my feeling about being bored Senior Management said after one year and you can move up. After this boost of confidence and hope was waved in my face. I decided to speak to some team leaders and Managers that I had developed a relationship with. Basically the 1 year is an HR requirement which is fine. The kicker is what helped me get a job here held me back in the end. They told me that even though your sales numbers, attendance and resume is better than other applicants. You have to look at seniority of other employees applying for the position and who they know. Ouch!! It isn't what you know it's who you know!! America...

Worked for CCS Medical? Contribute to the Community!