CCSD

CCSD Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Decent job but comes with politics

Teacher (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsBenefits; retirement plan; time off; technology. There are a lot of opportunities to take professional development courses.

Conspay; not easy to move up; seem like a number. It is a shame that education has become so political. Just leave me along and let me teach my classes.

Teacher

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet to make difference in the life of kids. Lots of time off.

ConsVery low pay when compared to other states. Administrators who will make your life he'll if your not "playing the game". Also as a teacher your word means nothing to parents and administrators.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more focused on how you take care of your teachers and figure out why certain schools have some high turnover.

Teacher-Full Time

Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsHours of operation. Summers off. Paid training. Possibility to learn while you earn. Meeting a few students who are bright and eager to learn.

ConsThe seemingly insurmountable layers of administrators, coordinators and paperwork. The almost never ending observations and reviews. The (new teacher) cross training that happens way too late-for new teachers. Finding someone who is willing to train you on Smart Technology. Having to pay for Smart Board instruction. The opening announcements that simply are not loud enough nor work consistently. Having to pass students who need to fail and start over. The political correctness hypocrisy. The 5-6 programs to learn which is now called Infinite Classroom. Only ONE Principal has been fired in 30 years!

Advice to Senior ManagementTo succeed the system needs to flush 2/3's of the administrators. THEN the system will begin to work. The system needs less administrators NOT more money. But that will never happen. So, the system is doomed to fail or remain static at best.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not come in with a Master's Degree

Prosno pros!!!!! NO PROS NO PROS

ConsYou will never be hired with Masters Degree!!!! It is better to start off with an Associates or BA. They do not want to pay the higher wage even though you are MORE QUALIFIED!!!!

Exciting to work with teenager

Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsState retirement, and summers off with family

ConsHigh on education, and promote JROTC program

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with students

A great Career

Dean of Students (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsOpportunity for advancement. Pay scale

ConsInsurance is not as effective as it could be. Some upper management can be unresponsive to the needs of the rank and file.

Challenging

ProsWork without boss peeking over your shoulders every minute.

ConsWork site and location are located in a very isolated area. Meaning you've got to travel 30+ minutes for groceries.

The experience at CCSD was very enlightening.

Educator (Former Employee) North Charleston, SC

ProsThe best reason to work for CCSD is the promotion of technology in the workforce.

ConsThe downside of working for CCSD was the lack of diversity in the workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should consider rehiring former educators that want to return to the workforce.

I was a 9 year employee at CCSD as a teacher

Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) North Charleston, SC

ProsI had the privilege to work at Charleston County School of the Arts in North Charleston.

ConsThere are no cons from my point of view. This was the best school I had ever worked at and that made it the best place to finish my teaching profession.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways continue to improve honest communications with students and parents.

Overall good but not much room for growth

ProsWorking environment good, good schedule ,

ConsCommunication lacks between management and teachers and staff, policy changes without regard to employees input

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk employees input before making major decisions

Worked for CCSD? Contribute to the Community!