CD-adapco Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

4.0

CD-adapco President Steve MacDonald
Steve MacDonald

Great company to work for

I have been working at CD-adapco full-time

Pros

STAR-CCM+, the flagship product, is a leading software package in the CAE industry, and is continually enhanced to be more full featured. Great people, good work atmosphere, no shortage of challenges...

Cons

Not much to speak of here except that when there is no shortage of challenges, the day to day pressure can be high for some.

Fast-paced company

I have been working at CD-adapco full-time

Pros

Great people with amazing knowledge and skills. Always learning from colleagues. Company culture is one of working hard to create the best product and help customers succeed. Flexible work environment. Opportunities to travel are common, and you get to interact with people from around the world.

Cons

Can easily skew work-life balance too far to the work side. Salaries and benefits are mediocre, especially for the size of the company and considering the culture of working beyond normal hours. Depending on your job, advancement opportunities can be limited.

Continue to create and communicate a strong vision for how this company will evolve.

Great learning opportunities in a friendly work environment.

I worked at CD-adapco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company for people straight out of school as you will be learning a lot. People are also friendly and everyone is willing to help each other. If you are interested in doing advanced CFD analysis or code development good place to work.

Cons

Salary is not as high as compared with other companies, and a lot of unpaid overtime. Work life balance is also skewed towards work so people with families may find it tough this is not your 8-5 job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Learning Experience but Possible to Get Stuck in Repetitive Work

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Melville, NY

I have been working at CD-adapco full-time

Pros

Work can be interesting and workplace environment is generally pleasant. The more you show your competence the more likely you are to get interesting work. Good opportunity to travel worldwide.

Cons

No 401k matching, potential to have to work a lot of unpaid overtime. You have to be proactive and ask for interesting work or more opportunity otherwise it is easy to get stuck in a repetitive cycle of doing the same types of projects over and over.

Interact with employees more, very rarely do I ever see my boss let alone have a conversation, usually I deal with supervisors and project leaders on a daily basis but very rarely am I engaged with my manager.

3 round interview

I have been working at CD-adapco

Pros

I gave a presentation and then was invited for a site interview. They asked about the details of my research. Nice and smooth. Very professional.

Cons

Nothing I remember now maybe the location it is not as good however not sure.

Good!!!

I worked at CD-adapco

Pros

Nice atmosphere and people here, everyone here is very nice and easy to work.

Cons

Pay is not competitive as other software company.

generally good, but becoming more formalized without seeing benefits

I have been working at CD-adapco full-time

Pros

company works in a very high tech domain, which is challenging in a good way, very bright developers, getting the right tools is not too difficult, sales are still increasing, reasonable opportunities

Cons

company has grown very quickly, which has led to increased formality in the organization, which should be good, but I yet to see much improvement result from this change

spread more responsibility among senior managers

Great Place to Work

I have been working at CD-adapco

Pros

Intellectually Challenging and Fast Paced

Cons

The pace of career growth can be slow and unstructured.

Summer intern at CD-adapco Austin, TX

I worked at CD-adapco

Pros

The recruiter asked me some questions about my research and projects over the interview. It was a good time working there. I learned concept of surface meshing and software testing during the internship.

Cons

The salary is not high as I expected.

Few opportunities for career growth

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer

I worked at CD-adapco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent base salary, very little corporate busy-work for developers, no micromanagement from what I saw

Cons

Few opportunities to get into cool new technology, general customer experience has a second or third class status, small number of very important customers often make demands that drive development priorities, developers have almost zero contact with end users, little or no potential for career growth.

Worked for CD-adapco? Contribute to the Community!