CDCNews

Updated January 17, 2015
Updated January 17, 2015
3.3

L. William Black

Excellent opportunity for a fairly small area and not much high paying companies!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at CDCNews

Pros

The managers are amazing and get down to the point. As a sales person I know that I must make sales to keep my job and make the money I want to be happy. The managers are very good at keeping me informed of my stats and help in anyway possible to be successful. They give us all the tools and resources to be successful.
    Benefits for this area are amazing. PPO health insurance, vision and dental. Health club membership reimbursement. Best of all amazing work life balance Monday-Friday 8-5 work schedule.

Cons

Not much of a corporate or company culture. I've been with company a year and still not sure what our culture is.
    401K is not matched. Sick, personal time not paid although draw is available but have to repay.

Senior management destroying company

Former Employee - Public Reporter
    Former Employee - Public Reporter

I worked at CDCNews full-time

Pros

I worked in editorial. Loved it and loved the pace. The work kept you on your toes.

Cons

Almost everyone I worked with was laid off due to "cut backs". The product is suffering because half of the work has been shipped overseas to India. The only reason all the reporting jobs haven't gone over there as well is GC's wouldn't supply the company any information. Low pay, barely any sick time.

Senior management needs to do some major soul searching. They routinely disrupt the lives of people by closing offices. When new positions are offered, they are offended you don't want to move 1,000 miles after only received a small moving allowance.

Avoid at all costs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at CDCNews full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Mature, stable company. There really not much else to say.

Cons

Everything else. The people who work here suck. They pay us commission only. They manage by spreadsheets and don't care about the employees happiness. Managers sleep around. Sales goals are VERY unrealistic...there's a problem when only a very small percentage of us hit goal when there are like 80'of us.

Quit. No one wants to work here. We just don't have a better option yet.

Good income potenial

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at CDCNews full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited commissions and generous bonus and spiffs

Cons

product is going downhill. difficult to sell customers that do their research prior to buying

HUGE Earning Potential, fear of rejection need to apply!

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CDCNews full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incredible compensation plan. Set your personal sales goals at about three times the companies quotas (very obtainable with hard, hard work) and you will make a killing!

Cons

Consider a 401K match... One would be silly to turn down an excellent comp plan for lack of a match, however it would be nice if one was available!

Keep up the great work, continue the investment into marketing!

Easy but boring work and underpaid....

Former Employee - Architectural Reporter
    Former Employee - Architectural Reporter

I worked at CDCNews full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's easy to get this job. There's not much of a learning curve for the job. Training consists of watching a few videos about the construction industry. All you do is call architects and developers and get specs for upcoming construction projects to publish leads online and in a newspaper for subcontractors.

Cons

Boring work if you don't care about the construction industry. Not much money at al.

Excellent company

I have been working at CDCNews

Pros

Company is growing, financially stable with internal promotion opportunity. Good management focus on maintaining a healthy bottom line which will ensure the company continues to thrive even in a poor economy.

Cons

Management team runs a tight ship; keeps an eagle eye on expenses and runs a very lean operation. Very focused on profit which is great; could incorporate department "Fun" activities to encourage communication.

Keep up the great work that has kept the doors open for so long. Consider incorporating an annual summer function (In addition to the holiday festivities).

Very compassionate company to work for.

I have been working at CDCNews

Pros

Good benefits. Executive team is approachable and listens to complaints. My RSM is amazing new sales director is also great. Going on right direction.

Cons

No paid time off for sales, you get time off. All new sales. Separate retention team. Rep's are limited to 40 hrs a week.

Sales reps should be exempt and able to work more than 40 hrs. It's straight commission. I'm sure there is a federal rule against that, but it would be nice.

Good place until you find your next job

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Cary, NC

I have been working at CDCNews full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have a draw 2500.00 monthly

Cons

No place to advance just make sells call all day dialing, they don't use do not call registry trouble waiting to handle

None

Inside Sales

I worked at CDCNews full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people to work with mostly, you nearly can't get fired.

Cons

Very poor managers, old boys club, weak comp plan. Our team had done so well in sales and they came back and change the comp plan so we didn't make as much. This is no way to keep good people.

Work on tools for the sale team. Pay a living wage.