CDI Engineering Solutions

Updated September 16, 2014
2.9

CDI Engineering Solutions President & CEO Paulett Eberhart
Paulett Eberhart

It was a great experience being a part of CDI.

Current Employee - HSE Specialist  in  Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - HSE Specialist in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at CDI Engineering Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

CDI matched my previous pay an even improved upon it slightly in order to hire me. My supervisor was very helpful even though a little hard to get a hold of sometimes since I was at a remote site as a resident contractor.

Cons

Working at a remote location it can be a little challenging to contact your supervisor but eventually the supervisor will get back to you.

Be a little more accessible as a supervisor, however overall CDI has been a pleasant experience as an employee.

Cad Design with CDI

Current Employee - Senior CAD Engineer  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Senior CAD Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at CDI Engineering Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Allowed great flexiblity to accomplish my engineering tasks. I enjoyed being able to have personal freedom to do design work.

Cons

Individual goal assignment was too vague and not well targeted. At least there was an effort to encourage employees to pick career goals and some guidance to achieve them. This could be expanded and made more specific to individual strenghts.

Stay on your path to engage employees and to improve communication.

Recruiter

I have been working at CDI Engineering Solutions full-time

Pros

There are no pros do not work here

Cons

The worst company I have ever worked for. The environment is terrible the managers do not know what they are doing. All they want you to do is produce numbers they do not treat you like humans.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My dream job!

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at CDI Engineering Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have found that all levels of management, especially upper level, are very intelligent and engaged in the dynamics of the company.

Cons

My sector is being affected by the sequestration, however, they are finding relevent things for me and other valuable employees to do that benefit other parts of the company to keep us gainfully employed.

Keep up the good work! Stay engaged, professional, and humanistic!

Grateful for the experience but ready to move on.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at CDI Engineering Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family oriented, office finally relocating soon!

Cons

After the company restructured, there were too many changes happening at the same time for anyone person to know the full impact to daily productivity.

Get some major long term project work in the energy capital of the world.

An OK place to work that is very flexible.

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CDI Engineering Solutions

Pros

CDI is very flexible with taking time off work. The environment is also very relaxed and most people are very friendly. It is a good way to get experience with a variety of projects.

Cons

You'll have to move your desk several times becaue they can't keep anyone in the same spot. It is also nearly impossible to be promoted to a better position since there is nowhere to go.

Provide training sessions with pay. Setup mentor relationships.

You are cheap labor for a global multi-billion dollar corporation which has little regard for you.

Current Employee - Draftsmen  in  Lynn, MA
    Current Employee - Draftsmen in Lynn, MA

I have been working at CDI Engineering Solutions

Pros

Flex time is the only thing worhwhile here. There is also the possibility of being discovered as a potential employee for the feeder company.

Cons

Management made employees take 2 pay cuts in 2 years. Medical insurance is bad also. They send you home if theres no work w/o pay.

Please get better insurance for your employees. It is unethical and immoral to force employees to take pay cut when the feeder company (GE) still get paid by the US gov't the same.

Learning Experience, not necessary good.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Windsor Locks, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor Locks, CT

I have been working at CDI Engineering Solutions

Pros

There is flexibility with hours.

Cons

The benefits are horrible and there is no possible growth with the company. It is all about head count and not about the employee.

Inprove your health care!

average

Current Employee - Project Engineer  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CDI Engineering Solutions

Pros

salay is about average, mangers are ok , just the benfit center is not very responsive

Cons

no traing no chance to grow, very bad benfit pachage, you get only pay time off which pays for your holidays and no sick time and very little vacation

no advice

No growth, but a place to work.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CDI Engineering Solutions

Pros

Good, friendly people to work with. The office is clean, modern and peaceful. Modern computers. Some opportunities to try new roles. Usually real easy to take time off or leave without pay if you use up your vacation.

Cons

Just a job for the most part. I don't usually see anyone who moves up in responsibility. They leave you stuck doing the same stuff year after year. If they are making money by you working for a client then CDI is happy and they don't need you to grow. Pay is mediocre. Management rarely involves engineers in regular team building meetings or to discuss the direction of the company. They just hand out projects and want you to bill your time to clients. Projects disappear than so does your job.

Have regular team building meetings with the people who work under you. Discuss new and potential work. Allow the engineers to exchange ideas in the meetings on how to handle common issues or present some engineering concepts. Provide a mentor/mentee structure for everyone.

Worked for CDI Engineering Solutions? Contribute to the Community!