CDI Reviews

Reset
2.9
CDI President & CEO Scott J. Freidheim
Scott J. Freidheim

Pros
  • Paid on time, worked with an amazing team in San Francisco remotely, for one of their clients (in 4 reviews)

• Perks are standard and work life balance is usually good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a contract job no benefits, no paid time off, health insurance is full price (in 7 reviews)

• They offer no support whatsoever when it comes to disputes with the clients, and the contractor gets the short end of the stick as a result, every time (in 5 reviews)

1. New to this company

I have been working at CDI full-time

Pros

Provides flexibility for daily work hours.

Cons

Doesn't provide same level of health insurance and other benefits.

Advice to Management

Offer to match or beat benefits and assimilate tenure from previous employer.

2. New CEOs

Former Employee - IT Recruiter
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter

I worked at CDI

Pros

Very collaborative, ethical company with great people

Cons

New CEO every 3-5 years with a new business model. RIF's occur frequently.

Advice to Management

Every "new" talent acquisition strategy your new CEO brings in is not new. Try to stick with a model for more than 2 years.

3. recruiter

I have been working at CDI

Pros

great people and team type of environment

Cons

low base salary and takes time to build commission

5. Just so so

Former Employee - Business Recovery Manager in Keller, TX
    Former Employee - Business Recovery Manager in Keller, TX

I worked at CDI (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay that's about it

Cons

Contracting company i was laid off and didn't know until that day even though it was reported to them the day before. Your own if you want to stay within the company and obtain another contract (the tell you otherwise) Benefits are EXTREMELY over priced

6. Lackadaisical at most

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They provide free fruit and have water filters. You get paid on time. Benefits are descent, If you contribute 6% towards your 401K, CDI will contribute 2%. Yeah, you get more from OEM's, but are better than some other contract companies Engineers I have worked with were friendly and helpful, not a rotten apple in the bunch

Cons

There haven’t been raises across the board in 2 years. Computers we have are ancient and break down a lot No respect from upper management. They will say good job and then stab you in the back. Bottom line is money, not employee satisfaction. Was put on furlough for 3 months. Weekly asked boss if new work was coming in. Nothing, and the director of sales was doing nothing to get work in. Just sat in his office with the lights off and blinds drawn. Reminded me of the judge in the movie The Natural. 98% of work comes from GE Aviation or other GE conglomerate, bad since GE is bringing more work in and sending to their offshore sites. Attrition rate here at Cincinnati branch is just over 80%. This time last year we had close to 350 people, now we have ~60 people. Upper management have no clue how to run this business, thus the high attrition rate Director of engineering is leaving after 5 months, nothing positive to show, but he will soup up his LinkedIn page saying he did though. We have lost several key personnel: Quality manager, Director of Sales, Director of Business Management in the past month. Everything was going descent, GE is the problem really, but you don't fire the director of operations over it. You have to convince GE to stop sending work to their companies overseas. After many years VP finally sees the light and sees that we cannot live off GE alone. Wants to find other customers. It will be difficult to get the foot into the door since other competitors are already there. They(upper management) lied to us when they said our benefits are based on local location, no they are based on headquarters location in Philadelphia.

Advice to Management

Hire competent, passionate management who know how to play the game. Not people who want to glorify their LinkedIn page with false goals they met. Get to know your employees and what they can offer, be proactive.

7. Part-time/Intern

Former Employee - Design I Engineer in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Design I Engineer in Mesa, AZ

I worked at CDI (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was good and the hours were flexible.

Cons

They would tell me to take days off until they had more work. It was not consistent nor well-managed.

Recruiter

Former Employee - Recruiter in Springdale, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Springdale, OH

I worked at CDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my co-workers, the pay was decent..and they have free fruit and coffee.

Cons

HORRIBLE Site Management, lack of respect, low morale, toxic work environment, constant lay offs, and the employees are not valued, your just a number. The management moves at 100 mph with no direction...HR refuses to do anything about the complaints they've received. It's a COMPLETE disaster.

Advice to Management

The current site leadership team needs to be replaced with TRUE LEADERS. The employees that are left should be valued and more importantly respected. Great people aren't replaceable.

Working at CDI

I worked at CDI

Pros

They have some Long Term projects

Cons

Not enough contact with management personnel

Recruiter

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at CDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company with a good environment and friendly colleagues.

Cons

There was a lot of bickering between Sales and Recruiting.

No words look elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CDI full-time

Pros

company had decent pay and ok benefits, I did get paid, but I really cannot think of anything else to say about this company.

Cons

Top heavy with executives and nepotism abounds Treats the people poorly that make them money No real advancement opportunities

Advice to Management

More diversity please! Treat your people well and it could work for you at some point

RSS Feed </> Embed