CDI

Be The First To
Add Photos

CDI President and CEO H. Paulett Eberhart

H. Paulett Eberhart

Pros
  • Paid on time, worked with an amazing team in San Francisco remotely, for one of their clients(in 4 reviews)

• Work from home for most of the time(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a contract job no benefits, no paid time off, health insurance is full price(in 6 reviews)

• Rubbed it right in the faces of those who were forced to take the furlough(in 3 reviews)

Some of the greatest people to work with

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsThe other employees make working here very enjoyable. Managers encourage self improvement and are very supportive. Upper management seems to have made an effort to address concerns and provide opportunities between segments.

ConsUpward mobility is harder to come by. Part of the problem is that contract workers don't get as many choices as clients get to determine a lot of hiring and pay decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working on building opportunities for each segment and provide managers with the means to and reward employee growth.

Contracting at CDI

Software Developer (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros- The hourly rate that I was paid was more fair than the other contracting companies I spoke with at the time of hire.
    - The recruiter I worked with was amiable, responsive and easy to work with.
    - Their "Onboarding" process is mostly web-based. Not much physical, hard-copy paperwork to deal with.
    - They are responsive to my questions.

Cons- Their contractor support personnel almost never pick-up the phone if they are not expecting a call-back from you. In other words, if they called you and left you a message because of their question, they will answer the phone if you call them back. If you call them of your own volition because you have a question, it usually goes to voice-mail. They do eventually call you back usually within 24 hours.
    - Throughout my year-long contract, they checked in on me, maybe once, to see how things were going.

Rewarding until the End

Branch (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsReally enjoyed working with the management team prior to the new CEO coming aboard. After that it was a blood bath.

ConsLaid people off with little to no regard to the level of work they did or contributed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they have done what I would recommend fire the CEO

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Contract job, some managers were great and some treated you bad.

Senior Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsPaid on time, worked with an amazing team in San Francisco remotely, for one of their clients. Excellent technology and tools.

ConsExpect you to work more than the hours you bill, and to be available all waking hours. Very political at the corporate office.

Time to move on

Project Manager (Former Employee) Phila, PA

ProsLow stress environment, decent co-workers

ConsLeadership in turmoil, no plan going forward

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a CEO and stick to a strategy

Great people, horrible business structure

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with
    Strong base pay
    Ok bennefits

ConsHorrible management
    Communication is almost non-existant
    Commission is terrible

My Experience at CDI

ProsMy lead was very responsive when I needed assistance

ConsI was purely a contractor 'gun for hire'. They weren't any help with finding a new position for me.

Excellent Company to work at.

Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsFast on-boarding process, fairly polite and professional account executives, nice pay and good educational opportunities as a member of the network.

ConsThey did not do enough Communication after project ended to put me in another position with them.

sub contractor tech work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosit is a job in the tech field however there are others doing the same job you do workng for antoher company that gets even less hourly wage (by 20%)
    There were some good coworkers there ...

Consno holidays , no vacation days off , you are a sub contractor for another company a bunch of chiefs , No training you have better come with the skills for the job because there is not time to show someone. Some of this work is busy work moving computers from desk to desk , Gossip rules the job site My CDI manager always wanted someone inside to tell on what was happening. This creates a hey day for those who like to make challenges with the work force and play gossip games . Being a sub contractor (IE you work for CDI then they hire you out to another company who hires you out to the main company) you have a bunch of people in the manager chain. Lots of chiefs.You have to CYA and not complain or else you are gone. The parent company although a fortune 500 company with a good history of employee relations allows this to continue. three years and no pay raises when you ask about a pay raise they say they may want you to cut back your hours .. in fact twice I had to reduce my hours temporarily because they were over budget and was under threat with termination if I told the parent company. YOU ARE TOLD TO LIE IF ASKED When hired it is hinted you may find work with the parent company but in over two hundred employees I worked with only one made the transition during my tenure there. Finally the health care is sub par and this has to do with the cost and the choices provided not the fault of the company all together but more of the industry. In one case an individual paid most of his salary to pay for the health care he needed. In the case of this individual his wife was having a baby and he was on food stamps to make things work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop Sub contracting .. I understand it is a competitive field but when two contracting agencies are taking a cut then the front line staff (your employees) are the ones to pay for it.. Get in touch with your regional management and monitor them also ..in a environment of gossip and innuendo of what may or may not be happening in the field you are destined to fail. It is a matter of time before someone files a wrongful termination suit against you if this continues. Open better lines of communication with the contracting agency you are working with , both of you have a lot to lose if this hierarchy continues. Finally stop putting out quarterly reports showing how well the company is doing unless some of the pay filters down to the people making the money for you ! Your high turn over rate on my job site was because it was easy to get a better paying job with less hassles.

Two Thumbs Up!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsExcellent Fortune 500 Multi-Billion Dollar outfit with exceptional training programs, growth & development opportunities, and very positive culture. A winning organization.

ConsCould be more creative with perks like the Googles of the world.

Worked for CDI? Contribute to the Community!