CDM Technologies

www.cdmtech.com

CDM Technologies Reviews

4.0

1 Rating

Enjoyable people with interesting problems to solve

Former Employee - Programming Intern in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Programming Intern in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at CDM Technologies as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Good challenges

Cons

Pay could be better. But I was just an intern

Fantastic company. Now part of Tapestry Solutions (A Boeing Company)

Former Employee - Test and Evaluation Engineer - Intern in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Test and Evaluation Engineer - Intern in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at CDM Technologies as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

I loved working here. I worked here as an Aerospace Engineering student at Cal Poly If I had been in school for software I would have stayed. The only reason I left, and I emphasize only, was to finish my schooling and pursue a career in Aerospace. The people are fantastic, the atmosphere is close-knit, respectful, loving, and professional all at the same time. Hours are flexible, and work is efficient. In times of low work load the company naturally bands together, has some fun, and works on the more arduous items like documentation, and when workload is high and deadlines are bearing down it is common to attend 'work parties' held after hours to meet a deadline, making it a fun and group activity. To sum up all I can say is this company is doing it right.

Cons

Literally no cons. This company pays it's employees fairly, even though it is a small company. As a tester I was making consistent raises, and being paid more than fairly. The experience and responsibility I gained at this job are irreplaceable.

Keep doing what you're doing, you guys are the best.

Lacking in dynamics and culture

Former Employee - Software Evaluation Engineer in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Software Evaluation Engineer in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at CDM Technologies

Pros

Flexible hours (with 3 hour minimum shifts) the supervisors are understanding and you can take breaks almost anytime you want as long as you finish your hours

Cons

the lack of culture and dynamics make it hard to work there. it was repetitive and boring at times when you always work on the same thing everyday.

Great place if your salary isn't a concern

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at CDM Technologies

Pros

Flexible
    Great people
    Good communication and help/information sharing

Cons

Pay stinks.
    They could use better equipment.
    You essentially work for Boeing

As with most managers in this field - Recognize without those who build your software the other jobs are meaningless.

Good company to get first time experience.

Former Employee - Software Tester in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Software Tester in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at CDM Technologies

Pros

The hours are flexible for college students. In Software Testing you had a minimum of 15 hours to complete per week during the school year and a maximum of 40. 8 of the hours had to be during normal business hours (M-F 8-5) just so you could talk with your bosses. But besides that one restriction it was easy to create a good schedule. Schedules were easy to change on the fly if necessary. Atmosphere is laid back, everyone was friendly and often joked around with each other. Casual attire, and you could listen to your ipod while working. Helps if the work you're doing is monotonous.

Cons

Not speaking from personal experience but just word of mouth from other employees, but it seems like the jobs are good for those with little experience or entry level. Once you work there for a few years a lot of people seem to "move on." In other words, not a lot of room for growth within the company. However you do get responsibilities and learn things that you would take to another job. It should be noted that there are employees that have worked there for 10+ years.

Somewhat large turnover rate, but only because most employees in the Test Group were students who were moving/graduating. I am only aware of one student actually being fired, but only because he wasn't showing up to work.

Decent job in Test Group. No serious complaints.