CDR Associates

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph Czajkowski

A growing company that requires some travel & hard work, but is very fair to its staff.

Senior, Operations Manager (Current Employee) Hunt Valley, MD

ProsEmployees become very knowledgeable in reading contracts and medical claims. Starting salary is very competitive within the industry. It's a growing company that has grown year-over-year for over 2 decades and isn't slowing down. Offers 401k match and decent amount of time off, especially once employees hit the 4-year career mark. Lots of autonomy in the job. Almost all management positions are promoted from within. President and executive management are very fair to the staff.

ConsTravel is required for much of the staff analysts. This travel can range from daily regional travel, to weekly overnight travel. Typically, you're always home on the weekends though, at the minimum. Travel isn't for everyone. As with almost all companies these days, many staff are being asked to do more in the same amount of time. Can be frustrating for some workers, but the self-motivated staff all find a way to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote the analysts who deserve senior analyst roles. Same for Senior Analysts who deserve management roles when they become available. Weed out the duds in the workforce. Sub-par analysts waste time and money from the hard-working, excellent analysts who deserve it.

Credit Balance Hell

Credit Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsNot much, as this was a terrible environment. Sounds good right out of college, but beware.

ConsMiddle management was lacking. Employees were overworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat you employees better

Recovery Analyst

Recovery Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsThe job can be flexible sometimes

ConsTerrible benefits, upper-management doesn't care about bottom employees (many of them are not professional), rules are different for different people, no growth, a lot of travel

Advice to Senior ManagementGive better benefits, appreciate your employees, and be more professional! I took on a better job with better benefits because of the way bottom employees are treated!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mixed bag, great for recent college grads

Recovery Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe starting salary is okay. Management does not micro-manage you. You learn the ins and outs of the healthcare industry mainly on the financial side while dealing with several insurance companies. The work is somewhat challenging once you learn the industry (I guess this could be a con too).

ConsNo training program at all. You job shadow someone for a few months, then they throw you to the wolves. Benefits are terrible compared to when I started a few years ago. No raises either, unless you get promoted, and good luck with that because there is no upward mobility with this company. Also the bonus structure is completely unobtainable, as they will promise you the ability to make bonus every quarter, etc. (Not going to happen, so don't count on this) Many mixed directives from upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGET A TRAINING PROGRAM!

Overrated and unrealistic budgets

Senior Recovery Analyst (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsWork remotely, salaried so set your own schedule, individual contributor so treated as an adult to setup your day as you choose

ConsLow pay, high medical deductibles, no raises - ever - regardless of your employee evaluation, over staffed, potential layoffs in works, budgets not being hit by most territories, bonus IMPOSSIBLE to hit.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for other employment like the rest of us.

Good company

Recovery Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible, small company, great interaction with both peers and managers. The work is interesting and changes all the time and is a great job for someone who wants to learn a variety of aspects of the healthcare, insurance or consulting industries.

ConsThe salary isn't the greatest for the amount of work and travel that I've had to do. If a person needs direct contact with management, this might not be the right job for you.

The work experience was a challenge with pros and cons.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hunt Valley, MD

ProsThe company offers challenge and problem solving skills on a constant daily basis. Achieving these goals provides the satisfaction of resolving problems.

ConsThe downside of this organization is the push to reach a unrealistic goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should also be scrutinized for the skills they scrutinize the staff they manage. It would really help if all the manager received the same training.

Mixed~not a bad spot for beginners;management is sketchy at best

Staff Auditor (Former Employee)

ProsIf you enjoy traveling, this can be a good spot. For those with limited healthcare experience, it can be a good learning process.

Conslong hours, bonus structure changed 4 times in less than a year & 3 times within the calendar/active year. Poor communication & training is still be developed. This is a company that's been specializing for years & the training should already be in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe management should be responsible for ALL their employees. Not just pass out "senior management" directives. Everyone needs to own their own jobs, including managers.

Get a real training program in place. If you're going to audit for amounts paid contractually, provide the contract built into your programs, don't just expect your employees to dig them out of the facilities.

Provide a bonus structure that is fair. It's no fun to watch others get protected & coddled when they don't put in full days or do full, correct work efforts.

Watch the "boys club". Male employees taken out on the town by visiting management when the females are not leads to an uncomfortable work environment. Treat all your staff the same. If expense reports for those visiting auditing sites are reviewed, you can see the men go out to the basketball games and dinner, while the working women aren't included. This went on from day 1.

Not too good, too much travel.

ProsDecent money and the benefit package is ok.

ConsTerrible long hours and a whole lot of driving.

Worked for CDR Associates? Contribute to the Community!