CDS (Club Demonstration Services)

www.clubdemo.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review

CDS (Club Demonstration Services) Reviews

Updated May 1, 2015
114 reviews filtered by
Carla Cooper

Pros
  • Good people to work with and a reasonable rate of pay for a part time job (in 14 reviews)

• The pay is good for a part time job (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There is pretty much no room for promotion working here, it is strictly a temporary part-time job (perfect for college students) (in 6 reviews)

• No benefits to speak of and no pay raises, no pay differential for working weekends (in 8 reviews)

1. Most people there have made my first couple months an easy transition into this job.

I have been working at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) part-time

Pros

Some of the best people you'll meet, in a really great atmosphere. You'll never go hungry either, so that's definitely a plus.

Cons

It's extremely hard on the feet and legs because you're standing for six hours a day, that's probably the biggest downfall to the job.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't know a single thing I would say to the CDS management, they really do a good job.

2. demonstrator

I have been working at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty good, could give a lot better bonuses.

Cons

Not enough hours and same people get the hours.

3. Sales Advisor

Former Employee - CDS Sales Advisor
    Former Employee - CDS Sales Advisor

I worked at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hourly rate compared to other retail salaries

Cons

Company treats employees as disposable. Inconsistent hours. Hours were cut so company did not have to offer health insurance.($200 per month lost in salary). Costco members are "always right" per Costco so they can be abusive to Sales Advisors and neither CDS or Costco will intervene. Difficult to get time over holidays, the busy time, yet can't get shifts during slow time.

Advice to Management

Show your face more- watch, don't just come in and dictate what to do and how. Take the time to know your managers and the front line employees.

5. A very doable job with great pay for what is expected. Good part time job for extra cash

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Omaha, NE

I have been working at CDS (Club Demonstration Services)

Pros

- Short, 6 hour shifts
    - Usually off between 4:30-5:30 pm; rarely work until 7:15 pm at the latest
    - $11.50 an hour
    - able to sample the food products yourself
    - Not hard to request days off
    - flexible scheduling
    - $40 bonus pay after hitting a certain amount of goals
    - Comfortable team to work with

Cons

- Busy atmosphere
    - Must stand in one spot all day
    - minimal hours when the demo count is low
    - inconsistent hours (ie. 5 shifts one week, only 2 the next)
    - No room for advancement

6. This a great company if your only looking for a part time (only) or temporary job

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at CDS (Club Demonstration Services)

Pros

Great pay for a part-time job which is $11.50
    Get to eat a lot of free samples
    Very flexible schedule

Cons

No room for growth
    No Full time hours
    Your shifts ALWAYS get cancelled

7. Great part time work

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Gilroy, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Gilroy, CA

I have been working at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, various products to sell

Cons

Corporate rules and expectations. Sometimes they are unreasonable.

Advice to Management

You have to work extra hard to prove yourself. Even that might not get you a chance at an advanced position.

8. Excellent manager and talented coworkers who are friendly, intelligent and share their experience on a daily basis

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CDS (Club Demonstration Services)

Pros

Every Costco member loves food samples and the person who prepares them. Your work schedule is as flexible as your manager will allow. The environment is casual and relaxing and every one of team mate is friendly and helps with tips and tricks they have developed over the years that make the job easier. The behind the scenes advanced planning, the variety of products each of which has a unique set of tools, presentation issues and preparation requirements and add to that the manufacturer instructions make this job extremely interesting. A lot of work by many people has to be spot on perfect to make possible what is to the Costco member simply a table or cart with some free samples. The Earliest start time is 10 a.m. You do not have to work every day. Your work day begins with plenty of time for breakfast, meditation, taking the dog for a walk then a quick 6 1/2 hour day sharing a food product its Costco members who seek you out and almost always thank you for the samples you present. Beats the 9 to 5. Corporate daily grind. This job is exactly what you choose to make of it.

Cons

Standing in one place with only a thin rubber mat between your feet snd a. On read floor for approximately 6 hours stresses your legs and feet. Repeating a product's key points at times make you feel like you are a barker at the county fair. You encounter every type of person imaginable which included some odd, esoteric, strange, weird folk snd you must stand there and handle whatever situation arises.

Advice to Management

I am fortunate to have a first class, talented,intelligent, empathetic manager. I Hope that CDS insures that all managers are just as good but having read other reviews
    I wonder if CDS has a good management development program.

9. good company to work for

Current Employee - Prepare and Serve in Brick, NJ
    Current Employee - Prepare and Serve in Brick, NJ

I have been working at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and salary. Able to switch schedules. Working with the public is rewarding and can be really interesting. Learn recipes from the members.

Cons

depending on where you work. No advancement opportunity. Being canceled when demos are cancelled. Upper management team not experienced in cooking or preping food.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced team members. Treat employees with seniority a little different. Shouldn't be based on friendship or whom you are friends with.

10. CDS employee for 3 years and getting disappointed with Company.

Current Employee - CDS Sales Advisor
    Current Employee - CDS Sales Advisor

Pros

The ONLY reason I am still with this company is because the location is ideal and as of now I have not run into problems with my supervisor. I love working with Costco employees because sometimes (all the time) they are the reason why I still go and keep me sane!

Cons

This is a part time job with no benefits. The area managers are very rude to employees when they come to visit and don't even introduce themselves. There is no respect and consideration of the employees values. I have worked for this company for three years and only received a $0.50 raise about two years ago. There are so many cons that I could go on and on about. This company has made this job less enjoyable every day. It comes to a point where my coworkers and I go out to finally let talk and feel less stressed. For a part-time job it is not worth any of this stress the company expects out of you.

Advice to Management

Start paying more attention to the managers and employees to make sure they remain happier. This company is not enjoyable anymore.

11. Terrible place of employment

I have been working at CDS (Club Demonstration Services)

Pros

Decent pay and you get to meet new people daily.

Cons

Very few days of work even for part time status.
    No benefits
    expected to make sales with no bonuses

Advice to Management

Give people the hours they want instead of hiring new people and give people bonuses if you expect them to sell.