CDS Global

CDS Global Chairman and CEO Malcolm Netburn

Malcolm Netburn

Good, stable work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAlthough they had layoffs when acquired by Hearst, they are a stable company with quite a few long term employees.
    Very technologically savvy company.

ConsCorporate headquarters are a little dank.

Okay place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExperience, long term employees who know what they are doing. A few years ago, company went to every day being jeans friday.

ConsCompany is too fast paced anymore. People are constanly walking and on their phones at the same time checking e-mails. Company lost it's Iowa roots a long time ago. Too many orginzational changes that makes it hard to figure out who's where.

Advice to Senior ManagementStability in Business Solutions.

Nice people but company still in the dark ages

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are generally pretty nice. not a lot of competition within teams which leads to good working relationships. Started hiring people with outside experience. Very involved in charities and donating time and money.

ConsCompany is very old fashioned and slow - kind of like a factory environment. Too many employees that have been there their entire career and that have no other experience to bring. Only recently started allowing jeans or business casual attire, still on Lotus notes for several applications. Pay is not very competitive. Lots of lower level employees with little experience to do the job they are in. Little to no opportunity for growth and promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better. Find people with experience. Pay them more so that they want to join the company and want to stay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsFlexible hours, low stress environment, great people to work with

Conspay might be on the lower end of the industry for like jobs

programmer analyst

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Iowa City, IA

Prosbest learning experience and awesome place to work

Consi did not see any

Low yearly raises 1 to 3 percent, expect top performance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsThey have good benefits which go up every year.

ConsManagers and supervisors are rude likes to hire part time no benefits with promise to hire on full time in 6 months but could take much longer. To many bosses telling you what to do very stressful place to work can be very busy at times or very slow when slow sent home no pay

Company needs to focus on employee retention.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVaried shifts/hours to accommodate school or other obligations. Full-time, part-time and seasonal positions available.

ConsHigh turnover in customer service. Management, leads and trainers show favoritism and do not foster personal/professional growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementEfforts should be focused on employee retention. Training new staff is costly and constant turnover hurts morale. Happy employees are productive employees. Consider the people who are promoted and the reasons why they are promoted. If it is only based on seniority, they should not be placed in a leadership position. Leaders need to build up their staff and colleagues not intimidate and break their spirit. Match skills with business needs and everyone will be happier.

A Great Environment To Work and Innovate

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsAside from the little perks, CDS Global is not a company that is complacent. Although it is not as fast as I would like, CDS Global's heart is to create innovative solutions with either existing or new technology for their customers. Although some systems are old, they are reliable for the company as well as our customers - providing benefit for both. CDS Global is, however, investing heavily in new systems/technology to drive the company forward which is a good indicator of the health of the company.

The majority of the people that work at CDS Global care about the work and each other. Although, there is a focus on profit, it is done in a way that is not cut-throat. It is more of a team mentality, focusing on a goal.

ConsThere seems to be a gap between "great employees" and "not-so-great" employees that is larger than I would like. It would be nice to fill that gap with "ok employees" and continue to strive for "greatest employees".

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a little more risk, and try to get products to market faster.

I felt like I was expected to be a robot answering machine.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsYou can get cheap coffee in the vending machine
    Pays more than minimum wage
    Have your own cubicle (no sharing)

ConsBeing yelled at by customers all day for company policies
    Mandatory overtime
    Constantly hoarse voice
    I felt that training was inadequate- after the initial training class, we were put on the floor answering phones by ourselves and that was it.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove morale.

National Sales Executive

National Sales Executive (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

Prossolid company history, growth potential, good benefits

ConsConflicts within senior management teams

Advice to Senior ManagementUse knowledge base of your senior staff members,

Worked for CDS Global? Contribute to the Community!