CDW Canada

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Tom Richards

Best Company Ever

CDW Canada - Account Manager (Current Employee) Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

ProsThe best company I've ever worked at. So much opportunity, money, and such a great positive work environment to work in, learn and grow. Most definitely a place where you should at least try it once in your life, regardless if you stay or not.

ConsYou have to be able to sell over the phone and cold call.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement wasn't bad. If anything I'd say less favoring of successful individuals and more bringing the weaker people to a level of the stronger ones.

It's a great company to work for - need to work really hard . you need to know what you want.

ProsThe company is very young and growing continuously

ConsPersonal growth and career growth is very limited.
    High Turn Over rate

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on the employees and what they need ( in terms of Personal growth , career growth , etc...) as much as they focus on growing sales.

salary

Prosgood commission, perks, free lunches, trips, culture

Constraining, cold calling, veterans, lots of pressure

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast paced environment, not a job for everyone

Corporate Sales Representative (Current Employee) Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Pros- It can be a great environment to work in
    - Great earning potential if you can make it
    - Career advancement if you want it
    - Training and development always available
    - Great experience for new graduates and people looking to get into sales

Cons- Extremely competitive environment. Some reps prey on others accounts and steal them as
       soon as they can
    - Very little work life balance
    - Consistent pressure from management
    - Poor management of sales teams. Reps are often promoted that are good in sales but are
      horrible at leading a team or motivating people
    - Sr. Management is nearly non existent but claims to be involved
    - Reps need to keep a close eye on their pay cheques. Bonuses would be left off or not
      paid and management would claim the products were not shipped our couldn't be shipped
      even though the stock and available

Advice to Senior Management- Listen more to your employees
    - Time to increase base pay, it has not changed since the company started in Canada 7 years ago

Work hard play harder

CDW Canada - Account Manager (Current Employee) Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

ProsPay structure
    Lots of empowerment
    Flexible schedule

ConsLots of cold calls
    Hard to start only see success 1year+ in

Employment at CDW Canada has been rewarding. The environment is collaborative, strategic, and focused on execution.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

ProsGoals and vision are clear at corporate and at a local level.
    Opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry.
    Individual learning & development opportunities are always available.

ConsLean team focused on results, high level of commitment required to do your job well, at times creates an imbalance in the area of work/life. Family time is sacrificed.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's difficult to deliver operating efficiencies when we do not have access to all of the tools and resources the US has. Simple IT requests that are considered day to day operational support take way too long to resolve.

Corporate Account Manager

CDW Canada - Account Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros- entry level sales job
    - sales training

Cons- poor management
    - posinious work env

Advice to Senior Management- bring in experienced sales managers to increase productivity and lower employee turn out rate

Great environment, tough work, great rewards.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat environment to work in with tons of perks and great company. upper management is very supportive and helps you if you're having problems with your performance. Great support staff for all account managers.

ConsCold calling can get emotionally taxing at times, especially after 70+ calls everyday. This is easily the only negative of this role, you have to develop a thick skin and be able to deal with constant rejection.

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee) Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Prosdynamic technology training and dress code

ConsManagement not experienced as sales leaders themselves. Cannot perform as they preach. Compensation not transparent. Minimal opportunity to progress, work environment combative.

You will need to put your head down for a long time before success.

Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsRelaxed work environment. Among the top IT Reseller in Canada and growing. Young organization
    (for sales). U.S section of the company is very successful and good example for Canadian growth.

ConsVery little support/ training to assist in growing your account base- requires extensive prospecting and cold calling. Difficult to prosper financially in your first couple years. Upper management is very disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould find ways to aid account managers to grow their block from the start. New hires should spend more time with fellow new hires in "prospecting mode" before joining veteran sales teams.

Worked for CDW Canada? Contribute to the Community!