CDW

CDW Reviews in Chandler, AZ

Updated Jun 24, 2014

CDW Chairman and CEO Thomas E. Richards

Thomas E. Richards

Pros
  • There is also a great work life balance as long as you prove that you are a high performer(in 58 reviews)

• Many coworkers have the ability to work from home a day or two a week(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • There is sometimes quite a bit of turnover among the inside account managers(in 33 reviews)

• Base salary could be higher to attract better talent in the beginning(in 32 reviews)

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Incredible

Account Manager (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsGreat starting pay, great career options, great training, Insanely friendly work environment

ConsMy only regret is that I didn't apply sooner.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Chandler, AZ - Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsI have been employed with CDW for 7 years and love coming to work each day. The Chandler office has a great culture –fast paced and results driven. Hard work is rewarded and top performers in sales earn a lot of money. The company offers a great classroom training program and ongoing curriculum for leadership and personal development. Coworkers are dedicated to improving the business and our corporate environment. It’s common to see your peers volunteer their time to increase opportunities around work/life balance and professional development. Lots of fun opportunities to give back and volunteer with a variety of charities. CDW offers tuition reimbursement, vacation time, free lunches/outings, subsidized gym memberships, dry cleaning delivery, mother’s nursing rooms, and a free dietitian. Overall the people and our leadership teams that work here are fantastic!

ConsSales is not for everyone. This is a culture that requires a strong work ethic and you are responsible for your performance.

Account Manager- Med/Lar Chandler AZ

Account Manager (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsCDW has been one of the best jobs I have had. This is a professional enviroment, but it isnt taken too seriously either. People have fun, managment has been great, Vendors sponsor a lot of happy hours and sporting events.

ConsThis is a sales job that comes with stress. Be aware, you are held accountable and you are soley responsible for making your numbers and hitting your required efforts.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my opinion, the base salary is pretty crappy. More tenured people make A LOT more money than new hires.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hardest job I have ever had for the least amount of money... period!

Account Manager Small Business (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsVendors prizes, gifts, awards were a perk along with sports games and food they offered!

ConsTerrible pay, small business market was impossible to keep up with other more established divisions; re-organization of your accounts against your will; "corporate" environment, not family friendly, "Boiler Room" attitude...

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease starting pay by at least $5-10K

The hardest job you'll have, but the most rewarding.

Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsAs much training and development as you could ever want from a company. You get what you put into this, so know your worth and apply now!

ConsNot everyone is ready to manage their own business. If you aren't a survivor, don't bother.

Nice place to start, not a long term fit for most

Account Manager (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsGreat People to work with
    Lots of catered lunches
    The internal systems are very easy to maneuver
    Personally, I had an awesome manager who understand the difficulties of the job
    Not micro managed at all
    Never had anyone say anything about your effort numbers, just don't be the lowest

ConsCDW cannot compete on price. All day long you talk to customers who can get the same product cheaper somewhere else and possibly even with free shipping. Also, in the AZ office, their is not a lot of room for advancement. They talk about senior AM and executive AM, but that is all crap. It is still a account manager. Their are AM's and Sales Managers and that is it. Long term, I just do not think that the potential is their. Also, they recognize that their is a lot of turnover. Their philosophy is to hire 20 people in hopes of 2 making it and selling a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less people. It has become to cluttered with less opportunity for the true good account managers that would make more money for both the company and themselves

CDW-G is all about growing, adapting and learning to find new ways to help customers.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

Pros-Great Staff
    -Great Resources
    -Great training
    -Lots of free stuff
    -Great benefits
    -Good opportunity to make money

Cons-Willing to deal with a low starting salary
    -Must be a self-motivated person

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the starting salary to help people make CDW a home long term. People need money to live.

wast of time

Account Manager (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

Prosreally good experience if you are willing to put up with it
    lots of free lunch
    lots of happy hours

Consthe pay is off as with the commission structure for people in SMB. CDW loves to take away accounts for account managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally listen to your coworkers and know that there is a very big issue with the commission structure for SMB.

OK place to work

Account Manager (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsIt's an OK place to work if you don't mind cold calling without leads and making your dials.

ConsNo leads what so ever!

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate!!!

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!