CDW Reviews

Reset

1. Sr. System Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Management Team. Great Team overall.

Cons

Only ice cream on the summer

2. Moderate Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

CDW had a great training program. The perks of free lunch from different vendors every week was a big plus as well.

Cons

The con for me was the commute. No assistance with parking not public transportation. Also, pay was not good at all. Depending on the book of business you "inherit", you may have a horrible salary for a few years

Advice to Management

Advice to management is to be more interactive when employees are prospecting for new business. Not everyone has the skill to prospect and the tools provided were not the most useful.

3. I feel lucky to work here

Current Employee - Executive Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Chance to make fantastic money, top notch "family-like" culture, great job opportunities within the company, great benefits, great leadership.

Cons

Not many. If you work hard CDW absolutely takes care of you, as do the people. All the cons I think of are day to day things you'll deal with at every job/employer.

Advice to Management

Continue to interact with AM's as much as possible. It's motivating to have top notch execs spend time with AM's and show they really do care about how we're doing.

5. Great Start or Long Term

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CDW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Tons of exposure to different technologies. -Amazing business resource group. -Great place to start a career fresh out of school & network with folks you'll be working with in the industry for years to come. -Excellent training

Cons

I think most of my cons are listed under Advice to Management. This is a tough business, but if you want to learn and get your feet wet in the industry this is hands down the place to start.

Advice to Management

-Management shouldn't have favorites and account should be distributed evenly. -Hire people from different backgrounds. (All suburban, all white, all golfers, and all sports fans or ex jocks is not okay. It's very limiting and you're missing amazing minority (women/LGBT/Black/ Latin) talent) -Allow more people of color onto corporate teams instead of just SMB. -Allow more people of color to advance into management. (this is the primary reason for my departure. I did see anyone like me in manager or directory positions in my location)

6. Hoping things change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time

Pros

Good benefits, drive for performance culture, lots of free food.

Cons

Stressful, career advancement in some areas is limited, pay not competitive in the industry for some roles. Work Life balance is poor.

Advice to Management

Trust your people and back-fill positions quickly.

7. CDW-G Campus Inter

Current Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great Networking Opportunity Staying Engaged on Campus Learning beyond the classroom Gain Communication Skills

Cons

Can be challenging, but this only leads to strength and improvement!

Advice to Management

Keep creating opportunities for interns to interacts and continue to encourage them!

8. Corporate Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

1) The training. Very in depth, you basically go through 3 separate phases of training for about 6 months until you are released to work with your team. They have a great structure. Training focuses on learning the technology they sell, how to sell, and how to utilize the wide immense of resources CDW has. 2) Culture- having worked in multiple different positions, it was refreshing to be somewhere where there was no office politics going on. Everyone seems to get along, and they do a great job of establishing a positive atmosphere. Managers don't micromanage (unless you get a rare one that does) 3) Perks- So many benefits and perks that come with working here. From discounts, to networking events, to constantly having partners and CDW supply food for their workers. Prizes for selling certain things as well. 4) Definitely the best inside sales job in the market. It is relationship-consultative selling, so after a year-2 years most of the job is just servicing your accounts. 5) Opportunities to move into different roles (if you are goof at your job obviously)

Cons

It is fairly stressful at first, lot of information to learn and can be information overload. They pay your first 3-5 months is going to not so good, but if you have the patience to learn and become eligible for commission, you will start seeing the rewards With there being so much food offered, it can add up quickly.

Advice to Management

better starting salary

Executive Account Manager

Current Employee - Executive Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

A fantastic place to run your book of business. CDW allows you to take control of your future and provides you a ton of resources to grow your business. The culture is work hard / play hard and there are many activities to network, grow your contacts and learn. The earning potential is one of the best in the business. I've been here 14 years and have made more money every year!

Cons

This is not place to sit back and collect your pay check. If you are not a hard worker and think like an entrepreneur then CDW is not the place for you. You are pulled in a lot of directions at once and multi-taking is a "must". The job is demanding and you have to be on your "A" game constantly. The company is sometime slow to adapt to the ever changing technology needs of our customers...

Advice to Management

Allow Account Reps to run their own business and think like a business owner. Cannot have the one size fits all mentality.

10. Finance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company, great culture! Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Awesome activities for employees, love it!! Excellent work-life balance!

Cons

I cannot think of anything bad about the company. I wish I got paid more, but I cannot complain

Advice to Management

keep it up.

11. So far, so good!

Current Employee - Partner Specialist in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Partner Specialist in Vernon Hills, IL

Pros

Interview process was quick and painless, when I arrived on the first day everyone was very welcoming and I was given a lot of direction.

Cons

So far, I don't have anything bad so say.

RSS Feed </> Embed