CDW

CDW Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

CDW Chairman and CEO Thomas E. Richards

Thomas E. Richards

Pros
  • There is also a great work life balance as long as you prove that you are a high performer(in 58 reviews)

• Many coworkers have the ability to work from home a day or two a week(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • There is sometimes quite a bit of turnover among the inside account managers(in 33 reviews)

• Base salary could be higher to attract better talent in the beginning(in 32 reviews)

Glad to work here.

Security (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsPersonal Growth. Leadership, perks, Work-life balance

ConsI am too new and have not found anything negative.

Excellent place to work

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe People - excellent people to work with at all level. Sure they have a business to run yet the culture is great.
    The Resources - there are tremendous resources (specialist, trainings, etc). You just have to take advantage of them being offered. Too often, employees do not utilize them.
    The Collaboration - truly a team atmosphere with help that is available from many different teams (pre-sales, specialist, service specialist, financing, operations, etc)

ConsTraining for managers is slim. Career development is and should be important to many people. They do a great job promoting from within yet once you get to management, the training and development of the skill set necessary to grow is very slim.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on truly training your leadership team. It will allow for greater growth long term if you can retain you top talent as they move up within the organization.

Helpful for the first 8 years

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood company to start with and helpful to get you started

ConsYou need to get on top quickly and than move into other positions. If you don't you get lost and forgotten

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if someone been their for more than eight years don't think of them as a number think of them as a person

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely satisfying, equally as challenging.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Mettawa, IL

ProsIt is very hands on training, along with highly intelligent sales instructors. They help you along every step of the way to ensure you are a factual, polished, ready to take on the world type of Account Manager.

Cons4 weeks of classroom, 8-5 training (which is a pro too) then 5 months of being in the academy (which is more of a pro as well)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. You are making this sales training so enjoyable.

One of the best...period! Top notch co-workers plentiful.

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Vernon Hills, IL

ProsWLB & Co-Worker recognition second to none. This place truly cares & puts co-workers first in many ways. Work hard, play hard mentality very prevalent here, very cutting edge, progressive management styles also abundant.

ConsOn the Services side not many, but conscious that there are different LOB's & not all operate at the same level. Do your homework upfront.

Advice to Senior ManagementStock up 100% since IPO!! Keep up the great work...

Was a very positive place to work with a great culture

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) Voorhees, NJ

ProsThe opportuniy for unlimited growth

ConsIt was a great company however there were certain policies that didn't help more tenured employee's

Great culture- an awesome place to work!

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)

ProsCDW is a place that promotes professional development & personal growth. There are so many resources at hand to get to the place that you want to be. Career opportunities are abundant & supported by all departments. The culture at CDW is very work hard, play hard- employees are rewarded for the amount of work they put into their positions. I love coming to work everyday and I love the challenges CDW brings me.

ConsNo cons- every career opportunity is what you make of it. I believe CDW provides you with what you need to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing- rewarding employees the way that you do is great & appreciated!

Walks the Walk

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros* Good company that *truly* works to ensure the needs of co-workers are met
    * Good pay; good benefits
    * Nationwide + Canada with potential to re-locate from current area
    * Lots of supported opportunities to learn and grow your career
    * Company size
    * Vision and drive to becoming *the* IT service provider
    * Home-grown company from Chicago (eBay before eBay; Amazon before Amazon)
    * Stellar relationships with Cisco, MSFT, Google, HP, Apple and more
    * Promotes, and stands behind, diversity in the workplace

Cons* Company size (also included as a "pro") Currently ~6,000 co-workers

Advice to Senior Management* Keep the "home-grown" feel of CDW as we continue to grow
    * Keep doing what you do Tom Richards

CDW has helped me grow on a professional and personal level.

Sales Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere is a lot of opportunity to grow and a plethera of job opportunities after you complete 1 year of sales.

ConsThe compensation is not competitive with other companies in our industry.

Great company, with strong sense of team work.

Senior Consulting Engineer (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe company's size empowers you with all the resources you need to work and evolve in your carrier, but it doesn't keep things from happening fast like it does in most big companies. (except for the hiring process)
    Great sense of team work. The company strongly encourages team work where everybody contributes.

ConsThe onboarding process is a bit overwhelming. Too much information, too many internal processes to learn. Redundant and outdated information throughout the material. (But it is an one time process so it's not that bad).

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!