CDW Reviews

Reset
4.0
CDW Chairman and CEO Thomas E. Richards
Thomas E. Richards

Pros
  • Management tries to be flexible with work life balance (in 71 reviews)

• Some flexibility concerning work from home (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Managers did not care about work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Base salary could be higher to attract better talent in the beginning (in 37 reviews)

1. Featured Review

It is a fast-paced, winning culture that allows you to positively affect many people, both personally and professionally

Current Employee - Manager, Strategic Solutions & Services in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager, Strategic Solutions & Services in Chicago, IL

Pros

1. The People - At CDW, relationships matter...with Customers, Partners, Community and each other 2. The Culture - Every day is different, and there is never a dull moment 3. The Values - Everything we do revolves around the Customer. Success means never being satisfied and we operate our business with passion and integrity.

Cons

The pace of change in our industry is, at times, overwhelming, and we are often asked to do more with the same amount of resources...or sometimes less. But, with the right mix of time management, prioritization and communication, successfully navigating constant change is achievable.

Advice to Management

Within a performance-based culture, such as CDW's, the focus on success is important. Allowing our Coworkers to maintain a positive work/life balance is also important to prevent overload and burnout.

CDW Response

May 6, 2015 – Senior Manager

CDW is a high performing organization with a record of delivering results. We know this wouldn't be possible without the dedication of our coworkers, our supportive culture and our unwavering ... More

Software Licensing Specialist

Current Employee - Microsoft Inside Licensing Specialist in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Microsoft Inside Licensing Specialist in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance. No Micro-managing. You have full accountability to do your job and they will get out of your way and let you do it. Great team atmosphere

Cons

They pay is still below standards. In certain roles you will hit a "dead end" in your career path. Slow to backfill vacancies which results in long-term "double duty"

Advice to Management

Every year when coworker survey results are shared, compensation is always at the bottom of the list. Please try and take a long hard look at how you are compensating your people!

Great experience

Current Employee - Manager in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work for CDW for a very long time and have grown with the company for the better part of my career. I have had the opportunity to learn from many great managers and leaders within the organization and continue to learn new things. CDW is a place where you can be successful if you make your own opportunities. The company rewards self-starters.

Cons

Inconsistent performers in some parts of the organization, a reflection of poor hiring choices in certain pockets.

Advice to Management

Reward performers, manage out the under performers

5. A great place for a sales career

Current Employee - Sales in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you want to be in telesales and work in the technology industry, this is the place to be. Nobody trains you better, prepares you better, coaches you better, or compensates you better for sues than CDW. While it can be tough to build your book of business and make your calls to start, it can very lucrative if you stick to it. Like any sales organization, there are people who don't make it and then want to blame everybody else for their lack of effort. The reality is that CDW is a great place to work, with terrific people, where you can build life-long friendships, and where you can make a lot of money. The upside is huge here, but it takes hard work and dedication to earn it.

Cons

Company benefits are just ok. The good and bad news is that you control your own destiny. So, you can fail by not working hard enough. Sorry, but that is sales!

Advice to Management

Keep developing great talent like what you have in SMB in NJ.

6. Great Company Smart People

Former Employee - Senior E-Commerce Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior E-Commerce Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at CDW (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, smart people. CDW really cares about their employees and there are a lot of employee events. Great America, Free Ice Cream etc.

Cons

Compensation was a little low when I was first hired

Advice to Management

Provide more insight into what employees can do to grow themselves instead of always focusing on day to day tasks.

7. Great

Current Employee - Account Manager Sales Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Account Manager Sales Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for fun environment and great management

Cons

There are no cons to working here management is great

8. Account Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at CDW full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Loved the role and freedom. You need to work hard and dial, you will not make money by just showing up. 75 dials a day and you will make it. excellent training

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. I was treated fair and I was able to leverage the CDW culture and training into a great career.

9. Great Company!

I have been working at CDW full-time

Pros

CDW is a great place to work if you’re newly entering the workforce or an experienced professional. The benefits good and you will find an opportunity for a career vs another job.

Cons

It takes time to move around in the organization, you will need patience.

Advice to Management

To be cognizant there are now five generations in the workplace, each generations’ characteristics should be understood. Flexible leadership styles are to most successful when managing across generations in the workplace.

10. AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at CDW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CDW offers not only amazing benefits but a comprehensive training program that allows for the trainee to hit the ground running. I love that the atmosphere and culture the company provides for the Coworkers.

Cons

This is a sales position. If you do not feel comfortable as an account manager or in a sales position it is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!!!!

Fantastic Culture

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Vernon Hills, IL

Pros

CDW offers a fantastic environment with an amazing culture. Co-workers all have the same desire to do the best they can, while providing an outstanding level of customer service not only to the customers, but to the partners of the business. There are many opportunities to grow, and learn as much as possible.

Cons

N/A at this time.

Advice to Management

N/A

RSS Feed </> Embed