CEB Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
3.2

CEB Chairman and CEO Thomas L. Monahan III
Thomas L. Monahan III

Pros
  • Great place to start after university with an excellent work life balance (in 45 reviews)

• Gained experience selling to C-Level executives (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Micromanagement and very poor work life balance due to intentional under-staffing (in 40 reviews)

• Senior management has a hawk eye on metrics; yes, they're important, but still (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome experience overall

Current Employee - Web Associate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Web Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at CEB full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team effort is always high and people have passion to work here.

Cons

Pressure always builds on you.

Great run so far

I have been working at CEB full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Career flexibility, movement, great culture of service to both clients and the community

Cons

salary is not competitive, skills not clearly transferrable to jobs outside CEB

have a more transparent compensation philosophy and policy

A great place to work

Former Employee - Procurement Manager  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Procurement Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at CEB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, entrepreneurial environment. Great location. A company that is known for its intelligent, B-school hires means that you'll be surrounded by the best and brightest.

Cons

Limited work/life balance (flexible scheduling) options. Expensive and very limited parking. Elevator wait times can get really tedious.

Better process consistency across all levels

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for Career Development

Current Employee - Associate Director  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at CEB full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came here for career development, and that's what I got. Like all things in life, you only get out of it what you put in, but there's a lot to get from a career at CEB. I began in the product track. (Not the sales side.)

Cons

A bit under market pay for consulting, but it's fair for the work-life balance.

Great culture and great training.

Current Employee - Business Development Associate  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time for less than a year

Pros

CEB has a great company culture and this permeates everything they do. They research how the best companies in the world are solving business problems then educate other companies on how to apply the solutions back to their own company. As a result, CEB is a company that is run according to best practices.

They intentionally hire people who are genuine and smart. Everyone is willing to help out and teach you how to be better.

The sales environment is competitive but not against your peers. You try to reach your goal and everyone is excited when you do and willing to help you improve your skills to be even better.

They have great benefits and want their employees to stay and succeed. They also promote heavily from within.

Their training program is very structured and time tested and managers do a great job coaching.

Cons

At the end of the day, selling is hard. Not everyone is good at it. There is definitely pressure to meet you goals, but everyone wants to help you do it.

The entry level position is heavily focused on cold calling. It can be tedious at times.

Great job and keep improving the training programs.

Great people, Great Opportunity, Great $ (if you perform)

Former Employee - Associate Director  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Arlington, VA

I worked at CEB full-time for more than a year

Pros

CEB is a growing, young, intelligent organization. The sales culture is results driven but is understanding of new, young people that need time time to develop. The Sales Development program is one of the best I have seen.

Strengths include:

-Brilliant, Ivy league educated research staff
    -Best in class sales structure
    -Solid brand in the market place and DC area
    -Awesome young environment

Cons

Not much to say here.

Keep hiring young, brilliant people.

Dynamic, fast-paced and energetic work environment, working with some of the best companies

Current Employee - Account Management Associate  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Management Associate in London, England (UK)

I have been working at CEB full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at CEB for two months.

Working with high calibre clients e.g. FTSE 250, Fortune 500 companies gives you valued commercial exposure. It also allows you to build a solid foundation in how to best service clients and communicate with people of all different levels of seniority.
    Supportive work environment, you are never without support and guidance
    Two week on-boarding process was great in demystifying CEB's business model and what your role entails. The on-boarding includes of opportunities to shadow, meet new people and practice key things necessary for the job before launching straight into your role. You also have your own dedicated mentor. There is ample opportunity for mobility within the organisation, you are also given a career development plan to help you toward reaching where you ultimately want to be.
    The people make the job fun, it is a dynamic and energetic workplace, there are plenty social events and constant competitions with the opportunity to win great treats. In my first two week, I had dined at the Savoy.
    I love the fact it is 'unstuffy' and there has a practiced open door policy, which allows you to be at ease. There is a good work/life balance.

Cons

Initially, during the application stage, it is hard to gather what CEB does and how they execute their objectives. However this is quickly overcome by a comprehensive presentation given on the assessment day, along with the on-boarding process.

It can be slightly overwhelming in the first two weeks, as there's a lot of new information that needs to be absorbed. However, once you're actually in your role things become more practical.

Great place

I worked at CEB

Pros

Great place to work overall. Culture is very pro-growth and progressive for such a large company. I would recommend the company to anyone serious about consulting

Cons

The effectiveness of the behavioral interviewing approach is questionable. The interviewing technique really does force many candidates to make stuff up just to be able to answer the questions that HR force feeds the hiring managers.

Great!!

I have been working at CEB

Pros

There are a lot of really smart people, great environment, good company.

Cons

I do no have any cons.

Very good company, takes care of employees

Current Employee - Director  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- professional company
    - very bright and energetic colleagues
    - there are a lot of programs to help with career development
    - excellent benefits
    - good work / life balance
    - the focus is on results, not time spent in the office

Cons

Sometimes promotions and raises are not well differentiated based on performance

Improve focus on rewarding performance.

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!