CEB

CEB Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

CEB Chairman and CEO Thomas L. Monahan III

Thomas L. Monahan III

Pros
  • Great place to start after university with an excellent work life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Gained experience selling to C-Level executives (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Micromanagement and very poor work life balance due to intentional under-staffing (in 37 reviews)

• Senior management has a hawk eye on metrics; yes, they're important, but still (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Dynamic, fast-paced and energetic work environment, working with some of the best companies

Account Management Associate (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsI have been working at CEB for two months.

Working with high calibre clients e.g. FTSE 250, Fortune 500 companies gives you valued commercial exposure. It also allows you to build a solid foundation in how to best service clients and communicate with people of all different levels of seniority.
    Supportive work environment, you are never without support and guidance
    Two week on-boarding process was great in demystifying CEB's business model and what your role entails. The on-boarding includes of opportunities to shadow, meet new people and practice key things necessary for the job before launching straight into your role. You also have your own dedicated mentor. There is ample opportunity for mobility within the organisation, you are also given a career development plan to help you toward reaching where you ultimately want to be.
    The people make the job fun, it is a dynamic and energetic workplace, there are plenty social events and constant competitions with the opportunity to win great treats. In my first two week, I had dined at the Savoy.
    I love the fact it is 'unstuffy' and there has a practiced open door policy, which allows you to be at ease. There is a good work/life balance.

ConsInitially, during the application stage, it is hard to gather what CEB does and how they execute their objectives. However this is quickly overcome by a comprehensive presentation given on the assessment day, along with the on-boarding process.

It can be slightly overwhelming in the first two weeks, as there's a lot of new information that needs to be absorbed. However, once you're actually in your role things become more practical.

Great place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work overall. Culture is very pro-growth and progressive for such a large company. I would recommend the company to anyone serious about consulting

ConsThe effectiveness of the behavioral interviewing approach is questionable. The interviewing technique really does force many candidates to make stuff up just to be able to answer the questions that HR force feeds the hiring managers.

Great!!

ProsThere are a lot of really smart people, great environment, good company.

ConsI do no have any cons.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good company, takes care of employees

Director (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Pros- professional company
    - very bright and energetic colleagues
    - there are a lot of programs to help with career development
    - excellent benefits
    - good work / life balance
    - the focus is on results, not time spent in the office

ConsSometimes promotions and raises are not well differentiated based on performance

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove focus on rewarding performance.

Great place to work - intellectually stimulating and energetic culture

Director (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsA great sense of pride working for an industry-leader, customers value products and services, growth opportunities, unmatched reputation, access to some of the best thought-leaders in the industry, fun work environment and great people

ConsIt is a performance culture. If you have a high-achievement drive, and want to contribute, you'll do well here. If you have an aversion to pressure or if you're looking for an easy job, this isn't the place for you.

Could not love my job more!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsColleagues you work with - smart, type A, motivated but wired to help others and have a passion for the business

Business model - none like it out there. Intellectually stimulating & fits in a key nitch

SF Office - small, collaborative, high performing, strong management team

ConsVOLUME - I thrive in volume, but if you don't, it may not be the place for you. We work with a lot of clients and field a lot of requests internally and externally each day. Be sure you are willing and motivated to work at that pace!

Enterprise Sales Heaven!

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are an experienced and talented sales professional who can handle a fast pace and a somewhat nerdy product - this is an awesome place to work. They have access to senior executives at over 90% of Fortune 500 companies. You can't help but become a better sales person working here. The training and support better than any other organization I have worked for. The people that work here are all smart and nice.

ConsThe pace is unlike anything I've experienced before but not a total negative as this makes for great comraderie amongst workers. You'll also accomplish more than you can imagine.
    Because the product is nerdy, not everyone "gets it" - including customers. This product does not generally sell itself so having the ability to communicate value as oppossed to price and feature is an absolute necessity.

Great place to work

ProsFlexible work environment of incredibly smart people. Fast growing company that remains committed to employee improvement and engagement.

ConsIn the past 3 years gone from a large company to a huge company. Very rapid growth.

Great progression, great training, great people

Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe Graduate Training Program is very well structured and supported. The product is compelling and interesting, and the people are intellectually stimulating and supportive.

ConsBenefits are good, but have only improved recently. Heavily matrixed

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in good people. Ensure consistency and fairness.

Great colleagues, "learning" culture & fast paced environment

Associate Director (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFocused on growth
    Talented colleagues who are extremely giving and always willing to help out
    Open-door policy
    True access to CXOs and top-class organizations
    Research and best-practice based insights
    Unique business model
    Fast paced environment
    Learning culture

ConsFirst weeks of on-boarding can be over-whelming

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!