CEB

Updated Jun 12, 2014

CEB Chairman and CEO Thomas L. Monahan III

Thomas L. Monahan III

92 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great culture, very intellectually stimulating (and demanding) work, not easily exportable

Director (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsWork culture is great as is the quality of people you interact with on a day to day basis. It is ideal for people who consider themselves introverts because besides valuing teamwork and outgoing, gregarious types for client-facing roles, CEB places an equal premium on the quiet ones - the thinkers, inventors, and smart individual contributors for a variety of product development roles.

ConsThe skills and roles cultivated here are not directly exportable to other advisory/consulting firms. Also, work life balance is very hard to maintain pretty much round the year. But it seems management wants to retain only folks who can keep up with aggressive expectations and does not mind losing people who burn out.

Good place to start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsGreat place for a young professional or recent graduate to learn and grow. Supervisors and management are approachable and interested in your development. Great team environment

ConsGrowth for CEB is limited due to current economy. There is a considerable amount of change-over, but work life balance is good.

Great Place for a first job and to build a network or dynamic professionals

Account Management Associate (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsThe opportunity to work with Senior level executives
    Young culture and A list personalities make the work exciting and dynamic

ConsThe pay isn't that great for the amount of work and hours put in
    The development path is changing constantly and has many biases that can ruin the opportunity for promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementStructure the advancement and training to be more streamlined and transparent

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

positive - been here 5 years - decent opportunities internally, but not great payers!

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

Prosthe people; opportunities to try new roles or locations

Consthe pay; not great formal training

Mixed bag

Director of Sales (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsMeritocracy - you can rise quickly if you excel
    Work form home - At least partial work from home is possible
    Comp/Ben - Great base salary, benefits and commission structure

ConsTerritory - If you don't have a good territory it can be impossible to hit sales targets
    Resources - Given to those who excel (the rich get richer / coffee is for closers)
    Boiler room - Too much emphasis on metrics / hitting the number over quality of service

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder to develop your new talent or else you will continue to lose quality people before they ever have an opportunity to shine

Young and friendly environment, but very high turnover in employees.

Business Development Associate (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsOffice culture, benefits, peers, management

Consdo not allow enough time to develop professionally, unrealistic expectations, high pressure environment

Great first job, but not a long term career

Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsI learned a lot while working here, and it definitely has given me some great opportunities and experiences. I feel like my prospects in the future are a bit better thanks to my department. Overall benefits are great, minus the low pay.

ConsVery cliquey and young - which is great if you're a sorority/frat type but not necessarily good for those who are more reserved/looking to do the job to the best of their ability but not necessarily make friends. Promotions can be hard and you can't necessarily earn your way into the next position. Pay is low as well for as much effort is put into the final product.

Best place to jumpstart a consulting career

Associate Director (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsCEB has a superior client base. You will be advising and serving senior executives at the largest companies across the world. The company offers a lot of important responsibilities for ambitious individuals. It has a very energetic and fun culture, which keeps its staff at high spirit during crunch times. Staff can generally expect high inter-team and inter-office mobility. Performance management system is very detailed and serious.

ConsWhile frontline staff generally performs at high efficiency and effectiveness, the sub-par back office support infrastructure will need to catch up for this fast-growing company, which is now truly global.

Great place to work

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsGreat culture, great people, and best of all, a great view from the cubicles!

ConsCould pay a little better, but still competitive.

Great Culture, Great CEO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsYoung, entrepreneurial, intelligent people, well run organization, based on solid business principles, great culture to learn and absorb

ConsYou go to learn, not to get paid

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB reviews and ratings in Washington, DC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CEB CEO Thomas L. Monahan III. All 92 reviews posted anonymously by CEB employees.