CEFCO

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brett Giesick

A decent place to work in the cstore industry

Clerk (Former Employee)

ProsMeet lots of new people, plenty of locations to work

Consoccasional double shifts, dealing with theft

Fed up former employee

Deli/Cashier (Former Employee) Temple, TX

ProsPay checks were always on time. Cooperate people were always very friendly.

ConsVery high turnovers
    Rude management
    Managers take deli food and give to children and have min wage employees write it as wasted
    Manager uses lottery to oay for merchandise while on the clock.
    Manager leaves work to go by food when they want too.
    Manager does not investigate threatening harassment claim instead tells employee they are to much drama for the store
    Managers talk bad about employees.
    Managers have no compassion about children being ill, was asked to leave my daughter (8) in the hospital and work half of my shift, while my daughter was having seizures and much more.
    A employee that does not have a good handlers card puts rollergrill product on.
    Managers are inconsiderate.
    Rules are always broken.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy don't you call your employees that quit and get fired and find out what REALLY happens at your stores!!

Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Temple, TX

ProsFriendliness of Customers, Availability (always hiring), Plenty of hours, Plenty of responsibility, a very challenging job for the correct person. A positive attitude for this type of job is everything the company needs.

ConsDiscriminatory to certain family working together some can and then others are blocked by rules, at the same store, cannot be both ways. Basically a good employee will get screwed for doing their job according to company rules. Hours you work on overtime are your time, not company time, management changes time sheets. Management not handling time efficiency, covering their shifts, not the basic needs of the store. No consideration for any employee that has a emergency , No management help, you are required to do it all, especially on the weeknights or weekends.This is because management feels they have put in their time already. But that is a managers position 24/7 not Mon through Friday.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo look into why a certain store has such a high turn around rate before accusing or terminating devoted employees. The Cefco stores have lost a high number of valued personnel due to some of the management they have. Talk to your employees or former employees that devote time to your stores and find the real problem within stores with high turn around rates. A little more attention to your employees, not your management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Treat their facilities great and their people like medieval peasants.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey take care of their facilities, business grew steadily in the past, convenient stores have great locations, and the company size together with the Fikes family of companies has opened possibilities not available to the smaller competitors.

ConsConstant thirst for people because employee turnover is very high. It appears they prefer this problem over valuing their people. Most employees see that they don't WANT to advance in the company. The only salaried store employees, Store Managers, normally work between 60-80 hours per week, are actively on call 24/7, arrive at work before 4-5AM, and are not allowed to leave the area on days off. Hourly associates work far less but get minimum wage, are often stretched too thin to accomplish all duties, are criticized when they don't, and must know a multitude of transactions and machines with a quick once over for training.

Advice to Senior ManagementPenny-Wise, Pound-Foolish. The cost of treating employees well, is far less than losing them. It's like keeping your car well detailed but ignoring the drive train - eventually it is not going to perform.

Your not paid to think.

ProsPaychecks were always on time and never bounced. Schedule flexibility. Relative ease in obtaining
    performance feedback. Clean and well maintained facilities.

ConsStore managers operate their stores as personal fiefdoms. Favoritism and preferential, unequal treatment are standard. store managers are subject to little or no supervisory oversight..

Horrible experience would never recommend anyone to work for them, not even an enemy!

ProsCustomer's are Fabulous! I love working with people and helping people!

ConsToo cheap to properly staff and take care of our customers. pay's minimum wage and expect's a million buck's in return. shows no appreciation to employees for a Job well-done.

Advice to Senior ManagementDistrict Managers on up. You really need to focus on customer service. properly staffed stores are key to running a customer service oriented store. It's not like we pay 15.00 an hour. No discounts on food for employees and they have to pay 50 cents for a fountain drink c'mon. 12.9 percent for payroll including deli/ truckstop...... are u kidding me?

Family owned

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAmerican family owned company. Customer service is #1. Working for someone who started the business by running his first store and to this day he is at work everyday not sitting at home while we make his money for him. The best thing of all is the customers.

ConsI don't think there is a downside. If you love the business this is the comay to work for. The pay could be better but I think everyone feels that way in every job.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk advice from the ones who are managing the stores. 9 out of 10 can tell you what the customer wants or what works best in their store.

Worked for CEFCO? Contribute to the Community!