CEI

4.0

CEI Chairman & CEO D. Raja
D. Raja
1 Rating

Best decision I've made was to come here

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CEI full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a software developer, I know that I am in high demand and therefore have the ability to be selective when looking for a place to work. When I first came here, I knew right away that this was the place for me. CEI focuses on their employees first and foremost. They make sure that I have whatever I need to be successful and offer learning opportunities for me to expand my skill set. They have a career path established to get me where I want to go.

Cons

I only wish I would have made the switch earlier. I would have been able to work on meaningful projects and play a true part of the development of great software.

Keep up the great work!

Great place to come to everyday.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CEI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent work atmosphere that encourages thought and communication. This is a great place to grow knowledge and expertise. Ownership and upper management are always available and receptive to new ideas. Also, There are quarterly meetings for employees to gather out of the office to eat, drink and have some fun.

Cons

Back office is sometimes a bit resisitant to process changes. Makes some things difficult from time to time. Generally, the few problems I've had were not the result of anything internal to CEI.

Jul 29, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Don’t forget our next quarterly event tomorrow at the beach!

Great place to work, Great people to work with, rapidly growing company.

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CEI full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a current employee of CEI, I would say the biggest pro here is the culture. It truly is a fun place to work and the people here are extremely nice. Outside of the culture, there are many other reasons why I don't plan on ever leaving here. Very competitive compensation, flexibility with scheduling, no micro-managing, etc. If you are looking for a long term, strong/stable company to grow with, take a look at CEI.

Cons

Having to remember to turn in my time sheet.

The only advice I would give to management is that there could be more feedback in terms of performance.

Jul 29, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Our collaborative team is what makes the CEI culture so enjoyable, we are glad you enjoy being a part of it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Internship and Experience

Current Employee - Programmer  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Programmer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CEI as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You are constantly learning and will contribute to real projects. The atmosphere is very laid back, but extremely efficient as well. Everyone is very helpful, which makes it easy to learn from some of the best talent in the industry. CEI has it all and really is a great place to complete an internship.

Cons

There are no cons to list.

I have no advice to give.

Jul 29, 2014Corporate Recruiter

CEI’s internship program brought in some amazing talent this year. We are glad you are enjoying the experience and hope to see you back after graduation

Good Overall Experience

I have been working at CEI full-time

Pros

Pay and vacation time is good. Management is excellent, and coworkers were great to work with. Excellent, hardworking team making it easy to commit your time and making work more enjoyable. Flexible with hours, very organized, and planned ahead. Good communication, good company events, great place to work overall!

Cons

With the contracting company based in multiple different areas, you often work remotely with other coworkers. You have to get used to a lot of conference calls, phone calls, and screen sharing. Although effective, organization and constant communication is key.

No Job security, big risk for people on H1 visas

Former Employee - Computer Programmer  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Computer Programmer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at CEI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good payroll processing system, Pay on time bi-weekly, HR lady responds quickly on your questions

Cons

No Job security, As their business is only on IT consulting, their only way to reduce cost is laying off people once the project is over. Most of the projects are short term. Risk for people who are on H1, they have to find an employer who transfers visa immediately and loose green card processing. They do not release the immigration related documents to employees like the I-140 approval copy on green card processing.
      Not much client pool to place people on projects.
      They offer 401K plan after completion of one year, but there will be no contribution from company on 401K.
      They reduce salary if the employee is on bench. They take a signed agreement from employee to agree to pay the damages amount if employee resigns during bench period.
      Marketing people say that the project is long term even though the project is only for 3 months.
      Some fake reviews were posted by internal people to hide bad things about the company.

Best place I've worked at in my 20 year career

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at CEI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is great - the best compensation plan in the industry. People are even better - I actually look forward to seeing every one of my co-workers every day. Environment is competitive but fun - everyone works together so we can all be successful. Company is stable - CEO John Hillenbrand does an excellent job of directing the company and is very approachable as well as open to ideas from employees to make everything there even better. The staffing and solutions they offer are the industry's best - it's nice to be able to offer products you believe in both for yourself and the customer. The managers are great, little to no micro management, they really are there to help in any way and listen to employees to help affect changes where needed to make things run smoothly. Life/work balance is also great. Listen, I know what you're thinking, this review sounds like a commercial for the company and I must have been asked to write a glowing review by someone there, I get it. But I assure you, that's not the case. I'm just a regular employee and this is really how things are there. Believe the hype. So if you enjoy making a good living, working with nice people who are driven to succeed and driven to help you succeed, and like being able to sleep at night knowing you're selling a great line of products and services, then this is the place for you. I recommend CEI to any of my friends seeking employment and as such I was able to get many of them positions here, that's how much I like working here.

Cons

This is tough because there aren't many if any. One would have been a new phone system is needed, but they started the upgrade process 2 weeks ago, so that's out. If you work in a satellite office, you do feel a little disconnected from headquarters in Pittsburgh, but it doesn't effect anything. The synergy between staffing and solutions could always be better, but that could be said anywhere. It's honestly difficult to come up with much beyond that.

Keep everything the same, what we do works, so if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Amazing place to work, constantly learn, and make a difference.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CEI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is excellent, vacations and benefits are also. Coming onboard was a great decision. Here you are surrounded by true industry-leading talent, who are hard-working and very successful. Working in this kind of environment empowers me to always learn more, to become more efficient, and to do whatever it takes to perform at my best. Management is always approachable and professional.

Cons

There are no cons to list.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at CEI full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay every 2 weeks which is timely.

Cons

no benefits - hourly - no vacation. Only took this as a last resort.

pay expenses for those who have to travel, What a pain to realize there was no reimbursement to stay overnight for a job that takes me 2 hours from my home.

Horrible company to work, H1 visa people should stay away

I have been working at CEI full-time

Pros

Only good thing is pay on time.

Cons

No job security. They layoff people once project is over. They revoke the visa for H1 people within one day notice. They don't care about whether the employee GC is in process. Very less client pool.

Care about employees also. They are the source of income along with client.

Worked for CEI? Contribute to the Community!