CETCO Oilfield Services

Updated March 13, 2014
Updated March 13, 2014

3.7

Michael R. Johnson

I was a Safety Supervisor at Cetco.

Former Employee - Safety Supervisor  in  Driscoll, TX
    Former Employee - Safety Supervisor in Driscoll, TX

Pros

It was a good working atmosphere, employees knew the safety aspect of job and followed all safety rules and procedures.

Cons

To much cover-up, got laid off

I have the passion for safety, I believe that I can help bring up the safety culture with my experience from working in the field first hand and also working in HSE. I see things on my prospective from both sides of the workforce.

Thought I was part of a team safety culture,safety was actually lip service

Former Employee - EHS Supervisor  in  Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - EHS Supervisor in Lafayette, LA

Pros

company truck,decent compensation,amicable ancillary staff,work life balance ok

Cons

too many "good ol boy" employees that refuse to accept any safety culture,make money,dont get hurt. couldnt seem to pay the expense reports in entirety or on time,left me holding the bag on a company credit card in my name after laying me off during "reorganization"

You reap what you sew, get rid of the repeater screwups,not everybody needs a company vehicle to tear up

Company that offers competitive salaries and great benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Broussard, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA

Pros

Company pays top wages for the Louisiana area. They base their salaries on a national wide survey of titles. This company offers great benefits.

Cons

I've been employed with this company for a long time. This company has grown by leaps and bounds in the last few years. The company was like a small company with great benefits when I first started. Everyone doing their jobs and everyone getting along. However, with the rapid growth of the company, hiring of new management because of the growth, politics has played a big role now in the company. It is not all about your experience, knowledge and what you have to bring to the company but it is whether or not the manager likes you or not. It is happening across the whole organization and it is a shame to see this happen.

Managers should be looking to make sure that there is no discrimination going on with these supervisors against some employees and favoritism towards others. A job should be based on skill set, experience and knowledge of the job and not whether or not the supervisor likes the employee or not. When a supervisor is doing this, then this supervisor is being very unprofessional. A supervisor that is demonstrating this behavior should either be trained on professionalism or should be removed from that position. This reputation is not good for the company, it's employee moral and the quality of people who will be working for the company in the future. This environment has already allowed questionable personnel to be hired by this company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company cares about employees development with opportunity for advancement dependent upon work ethic.

Pros

Niche market where your experience within the company becomes very valuable.

Cons

Not a typical 8-5 job. Oilfield work is 24 hrs a day and need to expect non typical work hours often. Many employees work on 24/7 call.

Company structure is well set up and all management seem to operate with an open door policy. You have access with all management if you need it.

Great company but pay is very lacking.

Current Employee - Well Tester  in  Springtown, TX
    Current Employee - Well Tester in Springtown, TX

Pros

I like this company because of the amount of work that we put in.

Cons

Company only pays 21 hours per day not 24's.
    Pay is the government minimum wage unless you have experience then its a tad higher.
    No scheduled days off.
    Owned by investment company so company only cares about profits.

Stop listening to corporate and be fair with treatment.

Great People

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

Pros

As an employee you get a lot of visibility and responsibilities. There are a lot or perks too.

Cons

CETCO OS being a smaller company compared to our competitors, depending on which department you work for, there may not be an opportunity to grow into a management role unless you change departments.

Keep up the good work!

Good company to work for

Pros

Every one is very caring, the money is great.

Cons

Not to progressive when it comes to technology

Worked for CETCO Oilfield Services? Contribute to the Community!