CEVA Logistics

Updated September 15, 2014
2.5

CEVA Logistics CEO Xavier Urbain
Xavier Urbain

Pros
  • Made life long friends due to a good work environment (in 8 reviews)

• Some real good people to work with and wide variety of different contracts to work on (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Country's executive level unstable, senior management changes every 3-5 years (in 11 reviews)

• CEO resigned along with a lot of other upper management (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

OKAY

I worked at CEVA Logistics

Pros

Can be a fascinating place to work if you like logistics, warehousing, materials handling, contract management and transportation.

Cons

High turn-over and constant layoffs of line and middle management positions, politics, below market salaries and benefits, and unsettling atmosphere of mergers and acquisitions.

Investment Banker owners, executives and managers need to focus more on improving leadership in an organization which is highly dependent upon quality control, contract management, positive employee relations and customer relations.

strong company to work for

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

stable employment, strong market shares, advancing in dynamics, good pay to work ratio if you are efficient, good work schedule, teamwork to get the job done overall is ok

Cons

politics of course its logistics, some poor decision making when it comes to personnel, weekly pay would be better, need more employee involvement in some decision making

fire the free loaders and lazy personnel that make others work harder

Opportunity for Growth

Current Employee - Director Operations
    Current Employee - Director Operations

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time

Pros

Fast paced, professional, challenging with opportunities for growth

Cons

Financial performance, working as a service provider

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I like being able to help new associates learn new ways to accomplish their work.

Current Employee - Lean Coordinator  in  Mount Juliet, TN
    Current Employee - Lean Coordinator in Mount Juliet, TN

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is new and different work every day. They just recently introduced a training program that is working well. Excellent people to work with.

Cons

They could use some help motivating their associates better. They also need to have better enforcement when associates do not perform, or are being messy and not cleaning their work areas.

Reward those associates who show they care. Current rewards are very few and far between.

A worldwide company with a hometown feel!

I worked at CEVA Logistics as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

No forced dispatch, what you get out of your week is dependent on what you are willing to put into it.

Cons

If you are the type who feels the world "owes you" and are not willing to go that extra mile or pull that "not so great" load now and again, then don't expect to get "FED" those gravy runs.

Communication!!!

Disappointed

Current Employee - Domestic Specialist  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Domestic Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Looks good on resume to other companies - gained life experience that can't be taught. The come to work and clockin and shop online mentality is over looked by management. Gossip is ok and laziness is promoted if thats your thing. Tenure wins even when bullying is seen and reported.

Cons

No respect, No culture awareness, No hard work ethics shown by most. No raise in 3 years! Half dont know how to do their job, but want to make rules for you to follow on how to do yours. Tenure wins hands down even if they are totally wrong in their actions. No communication umungst Agents, Coworkers or management. Bitter attitudes ALL Around. Management believe they can talk down and expected great results. Sexual favoritism and racial overtone is showed in daily actions. You realize the antics and either become them or try and stay away from them. You are criticised for not being involved with the gossip and are labelled as an outcast. You diligently work harder to escape the day to day shenanigans of people not wanting to answer phones or not knowing how to send an attachment on an email or find a file, but are able to hold personal conversations about buying shoes while the phones are ringing and people are on hold. You try and smile when a blind transferred call is sent to you, but when it happens to them they run and tell management. You try and overlook when tenured colleagues speak to people negatively on the phone as you will be reprimanded if you speak on it and will be seen as the trouble maker.

Keep promoting your agenda, its working. Nothing said will penetrate the narcissistic, condescending and pompous views shared by current GM

A good place to learn

Current Employee - Administraive  in  Troy, OH
    Current Employee - Administraive in Troy, OH

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I like the benefits, flexibility, and the people.

Cons

Many hours of work, not always recognized.

Understand and appreciate what you expect and receive from your employees.

Cost to live and work

I have been working at CEVA Logistics

Pros

We get paid weekly but they pay by cost of living and if you stay in a small town you get small town pay, whereas, if you live in a big city and your terminal is located there then you will be paid slightly higher than one that live in a small town. However, cost of living is expensive everywhere even in small town that has more than 75,000 people. Their benefits have gotten better.

Cons

The equipment we use(tractors, trailers, etc)needs to be improved or replaced with newer ones. DOT love inspecting Ceva's old 1970 something tanker equipment so you drivers beware. Pay is really not good for what we do(fuel tanker driver). If it won't for getting overtime(20 hrs or more) I wouldn't work there period. Especially with starting pay 13.00 hr. Communication between who we contract for, who we work for, and the drivers can be horrendous at times. But overall, this is a decent place to work because overtime comes with the job.

Talk to employees more to understand what is going on and what is needed to perform the job. Pay to match with other fuel haulers would be exceptional.

Warehouse Forklift Operator

Former Employee - Freight Handler  in  Carlisle, PA
    Former Employee - Freight Handler in Carlisle, PA

I worked at CEVA Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

My co-workers are great, its like I have known them for years.

Cons

To many 12hr. days, hard to find time for personal life.

Need more experience in the warehouse, and production environment and operations.

I have found the last few years to be very disappointing.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I like our insurance plan.

Cons

Management. I feel they tell you what they think you want to hear. Make promise they don't keep. Lazy employees.

Care about your job, care about your employees, and care about your self respect.

Worked for CEVA Logistics? Contribute to the Community!