CEVA Logistics

www.cevalogistics.com

CEVA Logistics Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
CEVA Logistics – Miami – “Miami FL Office building costs 9,400,000 to…”

CEVA Logistics CEO Xavier Urbain

Xavier Urbain

Pros
  • Made life long friends due to a good work environment(in 8 reviews)

• Some real good people to work with and wide variety of different contracts to work on(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Country's executive level unstable, senior management changes every 3-5 years(in 11 reviews)

• CEO resigned along with a lot of other upper management(in 8 reviews)

A good place to learn

Administraive (Current Employee) Troy, OH

ProsI like the benefits, flexibility, and the people.

ConsMany hours of work, not always recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand and appreciate what you expect and receive from your employees.

Warehouse Forklift Operator

Freight Handler (Former Employee) Carlisle, PA

ProsMy co-workers are great, its like I have known them for years.

ConsTo many 12hr. days, hard to find time for personal life.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more experience in the warehouse, and production environment and operations.

I have found the last few years to be very disappointing.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsI like our insurance plan.

ConsManagement. I feel they tell you what they think you want to hear. Make promise they don't keep. Lazy employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your job, care about your employees, and care about your self respect.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CEVA Logistics at Toyota Southeast

Freight Handler (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsStayed busy constantly. There was plenty of free coffee.

ConsLow wages coupled with less than 30 hours per week. The coworkers were predominantly slackers who were always on their cell phones leaving me and a few others to pickup their slack.

Advice to Senior ManagementForbid cell phones while working in the dock.

Limited opportunities, unless you want to relocate.

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) Hebron, KY

ProsTime-off policy is among the best: 23 days for each of first 4 years (20 PTO + 3 floating holidays), and an additional 3 days after 48 months.

ConsUnless you want to relocate, you have to wait for someone above you to move on before you can get a promotion. In 7 years with the company, 3 times they have given no merit increases corporate-wide due to low earnings.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more leadership and communication training for those promoted into new roles. Many come in without previous leadership experience, and flounder because they receive no training.

Friendly people tough saturated industry

Account Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCEVA is an industry leader and possesses a lot of talent and supply chain knowledge to position itself as a formidable competitor in the industry.

From what I experienced, the culture is very diverse and friendly. Management is helpful and fair.

Knowledgable experts that are invested in the overall success of the company and increasing market share.

Name recognition in the freight forwarder space.

Aggressive commission structure.

12-18 months to "prove your worth"

ConsTechnology is antiquated. Not a huge focus on small and medium sized accounts. No formal training. Somewhat limited career options. Will need house accounts provided to you to cover your quota and make commission.

The duties of an account executive also include playing bill collector. Company has had recent financial woes and underwent a recapitalization from its parent, Apollo Group.

Still evolving from the legacy EGL company that spawned CEVA.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on small and medium sized customers that will provide for a good diverse mix of business.

No advancement. Outsourced everything. Operating with bare bones. Upper management completely out of touch.

Accounting Specialist II (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe staff The working environment. Middle managers. The facility

ConsVery disorganized. This company has been a mess for many years. No processes for anything. Staff working under extreme pressure because they've outsourced many important functions to India...who just doesn't get it or care to get it. Unlike other companies who have returned vital functions back to the US they've continue to downsize relevant jobs to save cash and fund the shareholders to the extreme. The billing rating and collections is a complete nightmare. A complete mess since it was Eagle Global Logistics and they bought an international company Circle. They're cash flow since that time went into the toilet because they didn't know what they were doing. They change software platforms so often and have so many not everyone knows how to use it properly if at all. It's chaos defined. The benefits are terrible as well. The healthcare insurance is substandard and gets worse every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to set out a tactical plan for your company and set solid processes in place for everything. In source jobs back to the US to service your customers. Actually care about the employees.

Low pay, hard work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsYou are able to learn many aspects of the logistics industry, even if you do not get paid to work the positions they transfer you to.

ConsVery poor pay. Mandatory overtime and mandatory work on your days off with little or no notification. Pay cuts without notification. They will often bring in temp workers, and even though policy says to hire within six months, we routinely keep them as temps for 5+ years to avoid paying additional pay and PTO. Instead of hiring for empty positions we will move workers in 'temporarily' to avoid giving them a higher position or pay. We are required to work through breaks daily. Many of the common practices you see are not only unethical, but may be illegal. Lots of injuries. Lots of sick workers from working in extreme conditions, from 20 degrees to 120 degrees. Haz mat workers and forklift drivers and not trained, even when working with poisons or toxic gasses.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is never around, leaving the facility managers to run the show and HR there to do what they can to give them impression that all of their actions are legal. This lack of restraint or supervision over the on site management may be a downfall. Eventually someone is going to report to OSHA or the labor board if someone does not step in to ensure the laws and policies are being followed.

Great company and benefits...payscale was pretty low

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsVacation and holiday pay accrued pretty fast

ConsThe pay scale for hourly employees was pretty low and company frowned on any overtime

Advice to Senior ManagementTo prevent turnover....offer more competitive pay

Not a lifelong career goal

Materials Handler (Current Employee) Grapevine, TX

ProsCompany events, big on safety

ConsPay, internal politics, extremely hot warehouse in summer months

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to value your employees and realize they are the reason you have comfortable salary

Worked for CEVA Logistics? Contribute to the Community!