CGG

CGG Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

CGG CEO Jean-Georges Malcor

Jean-Georges Malcor

Pros
  • good working environment, nicely supervisor(in 9 reviews)

• The company focuses on improving employees work-life balance now, we have xbox in our pantry(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance needs some improvement(in 9 reviews)

• Even after working long hours there is no appreciation(in 4 reviews)

n/a

Seismic Imager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosopportunity to learn new things in a short amount of time... opportunity to interact with client. good health insurance. good experience.

Conswork load is a little bit too much.. it is not easy to find work-life balance. tight deadline to meet every week.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Pretty nice company

Seismic Imaging Geophysicist (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsA lot to learn. Good Career opportunity. All kinds of training. Really smart co-workers. Good performance is usually recognized and rewarded by the management.

ConsLack of diversity in the employee background. Work-life balance needs some improvement.

A good company to work for.

Staff Seismic Imager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent benefits and solid starting pay. All the coworkers are intelligent and driven individuals. Everyone is very helpful and works to common goals. Effort and skill is consistently rewarded.

ConsYou're expected to work long hours if you want to get raises and promotions. Overall the company views its employees as more of a resource than individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider how groups and teams work and understand that the whole is not simply the sum of the parts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

NIce place to start

Geophysicist (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood salary, nice place to work, social benefits, good working atmosphere

ConsThis place is only good to start, there is a lack of future career development

Great Company to get regular Pay check. Bad management, Over worked. Out dated technology, Way too much work stress

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood for freshers with too much energy and NO Family, easy to get funding for higher education.

ConsLack of decent career path. Techies STAY techies culture, assessment on number of bugs fixed, rather than on problems solved.
    Management told me that job is Development, but its mostly only maintenance and bug fixes.

Massey Management is too terrible and try to make a literal mess of the houston employees and too much mis communications

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect employees and listen to their needs. Stop being some one who punishes victims!

CGG Veritas is a great and intellectually stimulating place to work. The employees are friendly

Geoscientist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe working ethic is next to none. There is a constant push for newer technology and best practices. It also has a diverse skilled work group, which makes it stand out.

ConsI can't really think of any down side to CGG veritas. The experience thus far has been great! great!! great!!! Safety is a big deal.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

cgg

Seismic Imager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosa good place to start a new career in energy industry if you have no previous experience; you are going to work with a group of smart and hard-working people in this company

Consusually you are going to have a heavy workload. The employment offer says it is exempted from overtime payment...

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

I worked at CGGVeritas full-time for more than 3 years

Senior Project Leader (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsQuality of People and Work
    Reward reflects success

ConsWork life balance
    Possibility of quick rise early...but limited advancement potential after several years

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue aggressive push to lead in technology.

software developer

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosit's just a job if you need it, and you can learn after you graduate from school

Consheavy work, terrible management, treat people horrible, people don't have too much rights working in CGG

Advice to Senior Managementbe polite to your employees

Best place to learn processing in general and new technologies in particular but expect to work very long hours

Project Leader (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVery good processing algorithms and processing tools in general
    Promotes innovation
    Very good resources

ConsPoor life/work balance
    To be promoted you will have to put a lot of extra hours

Advice to Senior ManagementValue experience a bit more and potential a bit less when considering who are you giving opportunities to

Worked for CGG? Contribute to the Community!