CGI Communications Reviews

Updated March 20, 2015
58 reviews filtered by
4.3
Bob Bartosiewicz

Pros
  • The work environment is challenging (which I like) and fun (in 7 reviews)

• It's a great place to work where the employees respect each other and help each other grow (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Great sales associates continually walk out the door because they have female sales executives who are just the worst people to work with (in 4 reviews)

• There is a great deal of travel involved which ranges anywhere from 25%-50% of the month for sales executives (in 3 reviews)

1. Great Company!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at CGI Communications

Pros

The people here are what makes the company so great to work for. You have management who really care about their employees. You will make friends for life and develop skills to help you become a better professional.

Cons

Can't say many. As with any job, you get what you put into it! If you put your trust and confidence with CGI, they will always go to bat for you!

2. Incredible company!

I have been working at CGI Communications

Pros

This is my first job out of college and I have been here for almost 8 years now! Everyone says they want to work for a "growing company with room for upward mobility" and that explains CGI perfectly. The opportunities that I have to travel, create relationships with top City and County government officials nationwide and also work with incredibly talented and creative staff makes coming to work everyday exciting. I highly recommend CGI to anyone looking for a serious career AND also wants to enjoy going to work everyday!

Cons

I am extremely happy with CGI and do not have any cons.

3. Best move I've ever made...

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It was 5+ years ago I got into a U-Haul and drove to Rochester, NY for a new job at CGI Communications. I didn't know anyone and this was my first time living in upstate NY. Needless to say the welcome was warm and the climate in the spring, summer and fall perfect! CGI has always provided a non-corporate feel in an otherwise corporate saturated job market. This coming from someone whose had previous work experience in other professional fields and markets. The principles of the founder are based on work ethic and effort. If you have both of those qualities instilled in your DNA somewhere, you'll do just fine. I've never wanted things handed to me on a silver platter, reason being, I understand how important graciousness and humility really are when working with a diverse group of people. CGI prides itself on providing opportunities for anyone and everyone, some traditional and some not traditional, thus allowing for a flourishing, energetic environment. Build your path at CGI and CGI will make sure you achieve your goals. From the training, to the hands on coaching with any position, CGI has helped educate and train hundreds if not thousands of new, fresh out of college men and women understand and cope with the difficulties of the everyday working world. For many this is their first job, lack of perspective can be a hindrance, this isn't always the case. When you begin to see your goals and visions manifest at CGI it's a priceless feeling that is hard to describe. The best word to describe this feeling would be fulfilling, this just begins to scratch the surface of my past 5+ years at CGI. On top of what they do for their employees, CGI's community outreach locally and nationally is palpable. Volunteering at shelters, raising money for natural catastrophes, producing high quality video content for thousands of cities, counties and chambers at no cost, helping bring smiles to children through the Toys for Tots holiday drive to name a few, the kindness and genuine heart at CGI is solid and strong.

Cons

Sometimes hiring new college graduates with a lack of business acumen or professional perspective can create unintended consequences. Keep in mind it's usually just a matter of time and training.

Keep it up, it's only gotten more fun, year over year.

5. Sales Executive

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Reinventing the company is an ongoing way of life at CGI!Ive been here for over a 5 years and have truly been amazed at how stable management and the sales team is as compared to other companies ive worked with in the past.Financially strong company that must have past out over 300k or more in christmas bonuses alone this quarter!!!Free parking,free lunches,401k matches,free coffee..you get the picture!

Cons

Straight talking your employees in front of other people can be unnerving!I get the honesty and transparency part of the company;however, do it in an office!

Stop hiring recent college graduates!!!!Hire people that have been out in the work force for 3 years that know what its like working at a crappy company that doesnt give bonuses,that doesnt train their employees.DONT REHIRE THESE IDIOTS WHEN THEY BEG TO COMEBACK EITHER!!!!! If those goofballs are fools to leave 70 to 80k base salary jobs because their "work life balance" is not perfect;who cares!! get over it!

6. Great place to start, grow and continue a career.

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started at CGI when I was 21 years old, and fresh out of college, as an entry-level sales position. Now, two and a half years later, I am a top-10 sales producer at CGI. At this company, the management and your co-workers want to see you succeed. The training here is like no other. The opportunity and room for growth continues to expand with new product lines, new divisions, and new positions constantly. Our CEO considers himself as an employee of the company, too, and wants to see you be able to pay off your student loans and buy your first house here (which I am able to do at just 24). The atmosphere at CGI is something you do not find at other companies. I have made friends here that I now consider like family. We are a young, eager group who works hard but also has a good time doing it. I've seen some of the negative reviews posted on our company below and it shows the bitter, ex-(and-still-unemployed)-employees that didn't want to make an effort at all in their career. You are set up for success at CGI, and I know if I was in another company at this age, I would not have the opportunities that I have seen these past few years.

Cons

With any sales job, comes stress. If you put the work and effort in, this will be more rare. If you are looking to coast with minimal; activity, your stress level will build.

7. CGI Career

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible when comes to work schedule, 401k match, paid parking, great environment, great pay. GREAT PEOPLE.

Cons

All companies have cons but the difference I have noticed here is that CGI is always adapting and improving year to year.

I have noticed some highly unreliable reviews on here, meaning I feel that these resentful ex employees really are just looking to bash someone else because they don't have the proper attitude to succeed ANYWHERE!
    My name is Eric Winegard and have worked at CGI for almost 8 years now. I have been a sales associate, sales executive, sales manager, and for the last two years a vice president, if you want to hear someone who has been through it all and want an accurate portrayal of the workplace here, call my cell, 585 317 2753, best of luck!

8. Professional Sports/Sales Team

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can go from making 30k to 50k overnight. You then go go from making 50k to 100k...I did it. CGI is esssentialy a startup company. It has divisions that startup overnight and can really turn your career dreams into reality.

Cons

It is not easy. You need to work hard. Harder than college. You will be demanded to hustle, and get paid for doing so. People get after it. It is not what you see on TV. It is stressful, but your days will FLY by. You will wish you had more time to complete things.

Make room.

9. Great company, incredible growth potential

Current Employee - Sales Associate Team Leader in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The employee training received at CGI is beyond what almost any company is willing to invest in their employees these days. I've worked for 4 other companies and have not seen a more team-driven environment that genuinely wants its employees to succeed. Hard work and initiative do not go unnoticed. Management is extremely accessible from the CEO and Presidents down to individual team leaders providing a true open-door policy to all employees.

Cons

It can be a high-pressure environment due to the competitive nature of the sales teams. People who cannot manage their time effectively may struggle.

10. Great place to work!!

Current Employee - Production in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Production in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for over 7 years and have to say it has been an awesome experience! If you're a hard worker & want to grow with this company the opportunity is there.
    The CEO really cares about his employees and the company is now offering 401k matching, free parking, full health benefits with dental and vision, employee appreciation day once a month & room to grow within our organization.
    This company has come a long way since I started 7 years ago.
    When I read the hate reviews it makes me laugh because they are so not true!!! The stuff they wrote makes it so obvious that they left the company over 4 years ago & are living in the past. There are no football players, Bob our CEO totally cares about the video production department and is always on the floor with his production teams sharing & create ideas together.
    He does not steal employees lunches (that's just a ridiculous lie!) the man is very generous with his employees buying our entire company lunch once a month, taking our entire company to bowling night, our annual summer picnic, our annual Christmas party, free tickets to the Ugly disco, free Jim Kelly's Hope for Hunter annual Gala and much much more!! Bob rewards employees for their loyalty to his company if you are a hard working loyal employee.
    It's a great place to work where the employees respect each other and help each other grow. Every department understands the true meaning of team work.

Cons

No complaints from me. The company is growing fast, it's a very exciting time to be here!

Keep doing what you're doing. It's so exciting being part of this company and watching the management team grow & improve through the years.

11. In three words the company is "bomb dot com". If you have a passion for building relationships this is the place for you

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Travel the country, work with the most influential political & business leaders in an area, great pay, great work environment, great people.

Cons

Catching flights and waking up at the ass crack of dawn not the most appealing, all in all the traveling can be tiring.

Buy the Buffalo Bills and a bring an NFL championship to Upstate New York