CGI Group Reviews in Atlanta, GA

1,326 Reviews
1,326 Reviews

CGI Group President, CEO, and Director Mike Roach
Mike Roach

Pros
  • work-life balance is good; work can be challenging; good people; stock match is good (in 126 reviews)

• I get to work from home without burdensome managers' administrative requirements (in 95 reviews)

Cons
  • Work starts only at Canada time that is by evening IST so hampers work life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Less/zero trainings and very few opportunities for career growth (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great people and place to build a career

Current Employee - Executive Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CGI is a large company with a small company feel, despite its 80k employees, 11B US in revenue, and presence in 42 countries. CGI provides a diverse opportunity across many industries. At its core, CGI's focus on corporate membership, its people, and corporate culture are what keeps me here, and loyal to the company.

Cons

Compensation is average, with bonus structures relatively modest. Benefits are good, but closely aligned to the ACA.

Solid consulting firm from the top down that encourages employee ownership

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive compensation package
    Flexible work environment
    Committed to work/life balance
    Excellent stock ownership plan

Cons

Limited opportunity in Atlanta with regard to client projects (Mostly staff augmentation)
    Limited commitment to career growth
    Minimal employee engagement in CGI teams

Each CGI VP should be accountable for establishing new client relationships above and beyond the status quo of existing clients in order to keep employees motivated. Also, each CGI office manager/VP should promote more teamwork that would further encourage employees to have a sense of belonging to CGI rather than their client. Employees need to feel like they don't just work for a "body shop."

Good Company, great work life balance

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CGI Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work life balance, I was satisifed with my salary, and the people were great! This is a great company to get your feet wet with a consulting firm, or a business analsyt role.

Cons

For me it was difficult to alway wonder where my next role would come from. It might not be a con to everyone but for me I needed more job security. Also, my manager had been with CGI for 20 years and was just a Senior Consultant, so that turned me off as far as advancement opprotunity. Let's face it, this job is a stepping stone unless you actually live in Fairfax. I would come back to CGI in the future if we win bigger and longer contracts in Atlanta. CGI Federal has very small footprint in Atlanta.

Be more agressive when going after bids, we have lost out on some BIG deals due to the lack of flexibility in pricing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professional and Friendly environment

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CGI Group

Pros

Professional and Friendly environment
    Fair opportunity for growth.
    Provides Commensurate compensation and benefits. Good health care benefits.
    Has many offices worldwide.

Cons

Lack of Brand name recognition in the world.
    May have limited industry exposure.
    Leadership doesn't go after new business. They rather stick to repeated business.

Need to hire more sales people to go after new business.
    There needs to be better coordination of internal staffing across the company locations.

Great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CGI Group

Pros

Great people. Great Benefits. Decent Salary.

Cons

Upward mobility isn't clearly defined

Add more detail to jobs

Good Company overall

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CGI Group

Pros

Hours are less than most BA's

40 hour work week is the norm

Cons

low potential for growth unless you want to move

none

Good comap to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CGI Group

Pros

good management. good work environment. respect among members. good health plan.
    good company to work for. world wide presences. member satisfaction.

Cons

compensation is not high as expected. not much importance given to growth of the members.
    less opportunities to work in the area of liking.

look to increase the size of this company. more advisement will help company to be known in the US. organic growth is important.

Laid back environment with a good work-life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CGI Group

Pros

100% travel is not likely in most practice areas but don't consider yourself too safe during today's economic conditions - flexibility is a must. Close interaction with senior management; senior management are typically working managers.

Cons

Centralized business units make it difficult to experience work outside of your sector. Tendency to become pigeon-holed into a certain role. Highly likely to that you'll eventually do some type of staff augmentation role.

Most business are not aware of who CGI is and there is a considerable need for US branding and identity.

decent place to start, not a great place to stay

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CGI Group

Pros

It's a good place to start off if you'd like a company with name recognition. Other than that I wouldn't stay here longer than you have to.

Cons

lack of recognition, management is not up to par. Unless you are a lifer, you'll never see any advancement, but really who wants to put in 30+ years to move up 3 or 4 levels, you'll just become another part of the useless middle management. They say you should feel like an owner of the company, I guess they forgot to mention that to everyone they laid off. Management should really look at who is actually bringing in revenue and not who's the easiest to get rid of.

be more truthful with your employees, they work hard for you.

IT Consulting firm that knows you have a life

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CGI Group

Pros

Great people.

The management understands you have a personal life and is willing to work with you to find the best schedule for you. It's project-based work, so busy times can be very busy, but downtimes are a great opportunity to recharge and retool using many of CGI's knowledge resources.

The management also is willing to work to retain good people. I earned an out-of-cycle pay raise by producing good results and some luck. CGI was re-evaluating salaries and trying to stay competitive in the market.

Cons

Depending on your project, you may be working with the same client for a long time. My job almost seemed like I was part of an outsourcing team.

Large engagements and clients are bread-and-butter, but do not become complacent with just the cash cows. Try to develop more business opportunities.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!