CGI Group

CGI Group Reviews in Montreal, QC Canada

Updated Jun 17, 2014

CGI Group President, CEO, and Director Mike Roach

Mike Roach

Pros
  • work-life balance is good; work can be challenging; good people; stock match is good(in 123 reviews)

• I get to work from home without burdensome managers' administrative requirements(in 93 reviews)

Cons
  • Work starts only at Canada time that is by evening IST so hampers work life balance(in 40 reviews)

• Less/zero trainings and very few opportunities for career growth(in 37 reviews)

97 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsCo-workers are great. Office location ok

ConsSalary increase and promotions are only for friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the profit with members. Salary policy is to be revised. 2 individuals doing the same job have significant difference in salary.

Member-centric company

Business Consultant (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat leadership at the high levels board, executives and business unit leaders steering the organization in the right direction. Have introduced initiatives that engage members involvement.

ConsMid/Low-level management not to par with today's organizational behaviors. Favoritism and politics diminishing member motivation and initiatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with good work and member consultation. Train the "old time" managers to be able to sustain and grow the organization.

Solid experience in consulting to be had

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsAt certain BUs the challenge and remuneration are quite good. It's not earth shattering work but there's a lot of room for growth.

ConsExtremely structure company, hard to move up the ladder, negotiate your salary when joining else you'll never get incredible raise.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Well oriented

Manager (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsIt's a Candian Company that is growing fast with a good share value. Many opportuny exist at CGI and they are many new contract.

ConsThe salary and the bonus is a little bit low compare to other company. Even if the company is doing really good on the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture and the dream are well communicated across CGI. However, it's important that the employees feel that they are important for the business and not only paid to work harder.

Entry level

Help Desk Support (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Prosopportunity to start, good location

Conssalaries not excellent and no evolution for the future, no one stays there

Advice to Senior Managementpay more

A great company to start your career

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsFlexible hours, diverse projects and in the heard of downtown

ConsMinimal incentives, Low bonuses, Management is hard to communicate with

I really adore working for CGI

Consultant (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsMultiple possibilities of training to acquire new skills. I work in the wonderful team, who is helping me a lot. I am working with technologies and the software industry that I was dreaming to work for. I adore my teammates and don't stop to be surprized of their technical skills, logical thinking, and problem resolution approach. There is an on site gym, and the price is almost symbolic. CGI makes a big effort to help their employees to reduce stress and keep the healthy life.

ConsI feel a little anxious when a contract with a client comes to end, but my director is SO good to renewing contracts, and if not there is a team working on assigning employees on different contracts. It is not really a Cons, but just anoyher example how CGI is good with their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to contribute to the well-being of your employees as you do now !

Experience depend on your actual group

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros- can be part of good project if navigating correctly

Cons- not really consulting, more temporary work
    - no consideration from management that are essentially salesmen (we're used to say that they hire their V-P from shoes shop)
    - corporate culture isn't real one; your culture depend more on your group
    - most of consultant are only see as "body" to be place to bill

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect more the consultants; we're not only "body" and, for most of you, you are only salesmen

Overall a pleasant place to work

Software Developer (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsVery professional and respectful work environment. At peak times you need to work long hours, but they compensate you well with overtime rate.

ConsSalary raises and bonuses are very low.

Good place to start your career

Technical Consultant (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros- easy to enter as a consultant on the phone
    - they give you a lot of option to move your career forward
    - they pay for school, give training,etc
    - you have a lot of option
    - good health insurance, stock plan,etc
    - with CGI take advantage of things and tool they provide you with to improve your career

Cons- pay is not that great
    - people that are working with you are by FAR not good and you got to compensate for them
    - the managers and directors are very COOPERATE
    - you always feel like you are a number and not good because when you do something bad they are on you and when you do something good they just do not care and say like "everybody is doing that"

Advice to Senior Management- Loosen up a bit
    - give young people a chance
    - be more flexible

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!