CGI Group Reviews

1,302 Reviews

1,302 Reviews

CGI Group President, CEO, and Director Mike Roach
Mike Roach

Pros
  • work-life balance is good; work can be challenging; good people; stock match is good (in 126 reviews)

• I get to work from home without burdensome managers' administrative requirements (in 95 reviews)

Cons
  • Work starts only at Canada time that is by evening IST so hampers work life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Less/zero trainings and very few opportunities for career growth (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome Experience so far!!!

Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Columbia, SC

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is huge potential for the personal growth within CGI. Management usually pays lot of attention towards personal growth as it falls under their one of the pillars - Member, Client and Stakeholder.

Definitely a company to look forward if you want to be associated for a long period.

Share Purchase Plan of the company adds value to the member.

Cons

The salary package usually offered is not up to the par.

Great people and place to build a career

Current Employee - Executive Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CGI is a large company with a small company feel, despite its 80k employees, 11B US in revenue, and presence in 42 countries. CGI provides a diverse opportunity across many industries. At its core, CGI's focus on corporate membership, its people, and corporate culture are what keeps me here, and loyal to the company.

Cons

Compensation is average, with bonus structures relatively modest. Benefits are good, but closely aligned to the ACA.

My time at CGI has been a great experience. Colleagues and management are all great and helpful.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-Life is great. Depending on what project you're on there's flexibility in what time you come in and leave. As long as you're getting your work done you can definitely fly under the radar!

Cons

I can't say there are many cons working at CGI it has been a great experience.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CGI is a good place.

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Lebanon, VA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lebanon, VA

I worked at CGI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance. Managers were humans not robots. Very friendly people. Very minimal oversight or micromanaging. Great room to move up or laterally, provided you are willing to work for it.

Cons

Training was severely lacking. I had to practically beg to be taught how to do stuff so i wasn't just sitting there all day. It was more of everyone else was busy and they didn't want to take the time to teach it. More often than not i would ask for help and they would just do it for me rather than teach me. I'd have to ask for the details so I could do it on my own.

Very minimal micro managing and oversight makes slacking off easy and others slacking may slow you down because you are waiting on them for information.

Pay is just ok. I took less than the average but only because I was promised work from home after 6 months to a year.

Train the new people.. properly. Don't just slap someone new with a SME and say: "Go! Learn!" my "buddy" was a terrible analyst and his "training" was go here look at this (points) then go here (points). It was so ambiguous and i had no idea what we were doing. He taught me the solution to each problem and not the concepts. After I taught my self it was much better.

Flexible working hours and great people

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with the company for more than 15 plus yrs. Started when we were AMS. CGI bought AMS so most people I worked with were from the AMS days. We carried the AMS culture with us. Friendly and helpful colleagues. Flexible working hours. Able to work from home when needed.

Cons

Bad pay hike. Standard has been 3%. Insurance has been bad this year. No personal growth. Nobody cares what you want to do. It is where you are needed is where you get placed.

Good learning experience.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Too Many senior people in the team.

Cons

Too Many senior people in the team.

Put people first.

CGI Consulting

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CGI Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Team dynamics are great and flexible hours

Cons

Salary is not commensurate to the market. There was not a clear structure or guideline on how your performance tied with your pay. Not enough transparency in how annual pay raises were calculated. Very little to no training provided to invest in employees career progression.

Getting the Right Project to work on is Key

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule and WFH (as long as you have the right project). Great people in suburban location close to home.

Cons

You can get rolled off a project at any time. The company will only give you 2 weeks to find another project. If you cannot find one - then you are sent packing. There are certain people who have been on projects for 9 years and others are never given a chance because the management keeps rolling them off and on projects.

Other cons include training - CGI is not good about certification for it's current workforce - so don't expect any decent training opportunities.

Make sure that all benefits are offered across the board. Stop rolling the same people off of projects all the time and give them a chance to succeed.

There are too many Directors - there are Directors who have no reports - sometimes the company seems a little top heavy.

Dysfunctional

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits and Profit Sharing, location, great pay

Cons

Can not win government contracts!

Good benefits, but management really doesn't know the employees

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are on par or better than most companies. Being able to roll a prior company 401(k) plan into CGI Federal's was a big plus for me. Super large company, so plenty of room for advancement or change, especially if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Managers speak leadership, but rarely exhibit it. Communication is disjointed and usually only from the top down. Internal sites require multiple log ins, which make it tedious to do routine tasks or complete annual training requirements.

Walk the walk in addition to talking the talk on leadership. Communicate openly with employees about current and planned operations.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!