CGI Reviews

Reset
3.2
CGI President, CEO, and Director Mike Roach
Mike Roach

Pros
  • better work-life balance relative to other consulting firms (in 146 reviews)

• Members are given plenty of freedom to work from home (in 106 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is hit or miss depending on your project (in 44 reviews)

• Career growth as slow as no growth at all (in 42 reviews)

1,926 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Great work culture

Former Employee - Executive Consultant in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Executive Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CGI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good folks to work with. Management / Team members were helpful and made work not feel like work. Corporate environment balances work and personal life very well. Goals are reasonable and well thought out for optimum performance. Career growth was emphasized.

Cons

Not much to say here. Just regular nit-picking stuff.

Advice to Management

Keep the balance between office and personal life of employees. This really helped me want to give 100% to my work.

2. Marketing Manager

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at CGI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for CGI was such a pleasure. Great employees, working environment, and your day was never boring always changing and challenging.

Cons

I wish Upper Management had better communication through out the department.

Best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Consultant in Troy, AL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Troy, AL

I have been working at CGI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home lifestyle. Even though I'm yet to meet my teammates we all have a great working relationship. Amazing benefits, and great support from the team. The job itself can have some stress at times, but for the most part it's awesome.

Cons

The only negative I would say is that there is limited training. They usually tell you this in your interview. You get assigned a "buddy" who will help you learn the job. Fortunately I had an awesome person train me so I have learned my job well.

5. Business analyst

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst

Pros

Very good company to work with

Cons

Company is good and I have no complaints.

6. Great Work Life Balance

I have been working at CGI full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Pay and benefits are reasonable and depend on your expertise. Clear structure and expectations from management and corporate with interesting clients and projects to choose from especially if you are willing to travel.

Cons

No reals cons if you are prepared to work in a high paced environment where effective solutions for the client are a priority and establishing a relationship that will lead to a long term presence for CGI.

7. LMP/AWRDS Analyst

Pros

Excellent place to work, and a great environment for progress and movement.

Cons

There are no cons for CGI. Great place.

8. Good place to work

Pros

Exposure with many aspects of L1 troubleshooting e.g. autosys, oracle, unix.

Cons

Can be a bit micro managing at times.

9. programmer

Pros

Great environment, smart people to work with

Cons

none at the time of my employment

10. Very Good Company

Current Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CGI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are in line with what's out there. I've only been with the company two months. I work remotely from the corporate office.

Cons

They have several sites that are a challenge to access. There is no single sign-on between them. You have to re-enter your logins and you may need to enter different logins depending on which site you access.

Advice to Management

Definitely fix the site access so it just takes one sign-on. Consolidate the training required for new employees. How much of the training is truly necessary?

11. Good and Bad

Current Employee - Consultant in Lebanon, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Lebanon, VA

I have been working at CGI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-401K -Share Purchase Program (they match up to a specific %) -Remote work allowed - very flexible schedules -Professional people to work with -Office environment is professional, but relaxed -We have an in-house gym at the office I'm in - very nice -Compensation is pretty good, at least for my location

Cons

They changed health insurance recently, to a Healthcare Savings Account. This might be good for younger people or people without pre-existing health issues, but it's no good for those of us who do have to take expensive meds every month. They recently opened a new facility in Lafeyette, LA. A lot of our work is now going to that location, so the opportunity to work in product development has slimmed down. In other words, your only option is to go onto an account team. This might be okay for some folks, but for those of us who like being on PD it is not a good change. The facility I work at now helped build PD up over the past 10 years, but as soon as their 10 year deal was over they started moving work to the new location. Needless to say, there are a few unhappy people at my location. Several senior members have left in fear that they would lose their job or be placed on account teams. I know of one person who was put on an account team that quit because they received no help from the client they were working with. Other members on other account teams are working 80 hours a week. So why would anyone want to do client work? The atmosphere at my location has changed a lot since the news came that most of PD work was moving to the new location. There's an uneasiness in the office and for good reason. We helped build the product up over the past 10 years and in less than a year our work is being handed off to the new location. It seems there is little regard for the folks who built the product. There is no option to stay on PD, at least not for most. We're basically being forced to take on a new role, regardless of whether we like it or not.

Advice to Management

Find a way to balance the work between locations instead of just moving it all to the new location. Everyone knows the bottom line is the most important thing, but the human factor needs to be considered. Without the work our team has done over the past 10 years the product wouldn't be where it is today.

Showing 1,926 of 1,980 reviews