CGI Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1,924 Employee Reviews

1. Horribly managed. Run for your life.

Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CGI (More than a year)

Pros

Free parking. Decent stock purchase plan.

Cons

Everything else. I've been in the workforce for two decades, and this is by far the worst run company that I've experienced. The management is a bad combination of inept and arrogant. They've mismanaged a string of projects. You've heard about healthcare.gov, but there are many more that haven't made the news. The company claims to care about its members (their term for employees) but are really nothing more than a holding company, gobbling up smaller companies, and then forcing them to accept a brainless corporate culture spewing forth nonsense from Montreal. The US is particularly pporly run and it's showing in declining revenues. If you have a choice between working here and McDonald's it would be a close call. CGI would get the edge, but not by much. If I had an extra hand, I'd give the company three thumbs down.

Advice to Management

Fire your entire US leadership, with the exception of your new president of CGI Federal. He might make a difference. Everyone has to go.

2. CGI Review

Former Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at CGI (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work was easy and everyone is great to work with. There is a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

CGI is not the best paying company, the annual increase is very little.

3. Good for a stepping stone

I have been working at CGI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, number of paid holidays if you work for the federal side, unlimited sick time

Cons

Unlimited sick time - seems to translate to call in any time you want- making the workload fall on others and management is very very very slow in getting rid of slackers thanks to HR. The workload is excessive if you are an exempt employee- no work/life balance. Limited growth. Pay does not correlate to hours required.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they deserve, make bonuses, salaries performance and attendance based. And to agree with a previous post- keep your VP promotion emails to yourself- nobody cares. How about send out a performance and member evaluation six months after their promotion?

5. Could be better

Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in Houston, TX

Pros

stock purchase plan is the only thing worth staying for.

Cons

no advancement opportunities unless you are director level

6. Not a good place to be

Pros

The only good thing I can think of is that you get to leave your work at the office; once you're done, you are done until the next business day.

Cons

Horrible health care, very little PTO, no sick leave, and an overall poor treatment of employees makes this a hard company to work for.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect, offer them better benefits, and hire from within. Morale in the office has been slammed due to poor hiring practices.

7. Director

Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CGI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are truly some of the best I've ever worked with, and I have more than 20 years at a handful of very reputable companies. We are absolutely motivated to do our best for our clients, and the senior leadership team is excellent in terms of integrity, communication and management. Telecommuting is a very acceptable practice and the flexibility makes the work/life balance easier to manage.

Cons

Less than optimal office space (Fairfax, VA); base compensation is okay, but bonus programs and benefits are less than competitive.

Advice to Management

Invest more money into bonus programs if you want to attract and retain top talent. Make it easier to grow your career within CGI than outside it.

Deceptive

Current Employee - Project Manager in Caldwell, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Caldwell, TX

I have been working at CGI (More than 3 years)

Pros

Feel good work environment. Nice office space.

Cons

Seems to be going through a slow period, not getting any wins.

Advice to Management

Increase oversight of VPs and Directors, cut the bull, make them produce or move them out.

9. Senior Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Good Clients Decent pay Good work life balance

Cons

Nothing much Cons to mention

Meh

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potato Island, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potato Island, NJ

I have been working at CGI (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offered me a job.... Some people are amazing they want to invest in your career and your development and you will make friends for life. There's also a decent training budget.

Cons

Corporate review processes are flawed. They cant retain their graduate staff as moving up is hard and you wont get properly rewarded for your hard work. Do NOT work for GIS it is a soul crushing experience.

Advice to Management

Value your staff! we want to work hard but if you ignore us we will leave! Management that treats us well is there and they are amazing and make the company working for. Senior management the highest up make CGI a terrible place but middle management is usually great its a shame they don't hold the power.

11. Senior Consultant

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

No cons. Great place for starting a consultant career.

Advice to Management

N/A

Showing 1,924 of 1,978 reviews