CGI Reviews

Reset

Culture

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Good for freshers and learning possibilities, good HR practice

Cons

no Work life balance, pay less, management chain not professional, not matching with company policies and goals, bad treatment

Advice to Management

change need to come from top to respect and treat the professionals

2. Sr. Business Intelligence Specialist

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CGI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like other gov't subcontracting companies in DC. Depends on the project you are assign on. Hard to roll off unless you push for it. Education and career advancement is what you put in. Mgmt likes to have a top-down repor.

Cons

-Easier access and better education availability -Hard to local anything related to HR or etc on company's intranet -People keep to themselves or really proective of their task (think office space scene: meeting with the Bobs'

3. Senior Consultant

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at CGI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and learn from!

Cons

Low salaries, bad management, no career advancements.

5. Not worth the commute

Former Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA

I worked at CGI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given pretty much every thing that I needed to get my job done

Cons

EXCEPT - the GOALS. I was told on a regular "We are NOT a staffing company" but yet the recruiters harassed people/candidates like they were a staffing company or a used car salesman. And there were quota's that were supposed to be hit every week that I was never made aware of. I am GLAD I am gone

Advice to Management

Be a little more transparent with your expectations.

Horribly managed. Run for your life.

Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CGI (More than a year)

Pros

Free parking. Decent stock purchase plan.

Cons

Everything else. I've been in the workforce for two decades, and this is by far the worst run company that I've experienced. The management is a bad combination of inept and arrogant. They've mismanaged a string of projects. You've heard about healthcare.gov, but there are many more that haven't made the news. The company claims to care about its members (their term for employees) but are really nothing more than a holding company, gobbling up smaller companies, and then forcing them to accept a brainless corporate culture spewing forth nonsense from Montreal. The US is particularly pporly run and it's showing in declining revenues. If you have a choice between working here and McDonald's it would be a close call. CGI would get the edge, but not by much. If I had an extra hand, I'd give the company three thumbs down.

Advice to Management

Fire your entire US leadership, with the exception of your new president of CGI Federal. He might make a difference. Everyone has to go.

Director

Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CGI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are truly some of the best I've ever worked with, and I have more than 20 years at a handful of very reputable companies. We are absolutely motivated to do our best for our clients, and the senior leadership team is excellent in terms of integrity, communication and management. Telecommuting is a very acceptable practice and the flexibility makes the work/life balance easier to manage.

Cons

Less than optimal office space (Fairfax, VA); base compensation is okay, but bonus programs and benefits are less than competitive.

Advice to Management

Invest more money into bonus programs if you want to attract and retain top talent. Make it easier to grow your career within CGI than outside it.

Director, Consulting Services

Former Employee - Director, Consulting Services in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Director, Consulting Services in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Excellent work life balance, smart fellow employees

Cons

Growth opportunities slim to none, struggling to recover from healthcare.gov debacle

9. Not a great place

Current Employee - Junior IT Consultant in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Junior IT Consultant in Fairfax, VA

Cons

Advice to Management

Care about your young employs. There is a reason the turnover is so high.Literally the most disorganized place ever. Coworker watched Netflix all day. Easy work but no training. Learned everything one my own and had many bosses. Honestly not a great place at all. Very High Turnover

10. Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at CGI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great share purchase plan, remote work

Cons

High Deductible health insurance plans only

Worst Company to work for

Former Employee - Director, Consulting in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Director, Consulting in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CGI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Worst company I ever worked in my 18+ years of IT career. Poor Management and pathetic work environment. No respect for employees. Mental harassment by some long tenured incompetent management folks who makes disrespectful and personal comments in public, expect you to work as slave (12-14 hours each day) and force you to meet their unreasonable demands. Makes false promises during the hiring process. Lacks leadership and incapable of managing client expectations. Turnover is very high.

Advice to Management

To CEO, Mike Roach - I am not sure if that's the environment across the company but would recommend thorough review of the exit interviews feedback and take necessary steps to keep attrition rate low and retain top talent.

Showing 189 of 1,989 reviews