CGN Global

CGN Global Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2014

CGN Global President & Founding Partner Seshadri Guha

Seshadri Guha

Good place to launch a career in management consulting

Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsCGN is a good place to launch a career in consulting. The company provides you with great opportunities for professional advancement. Unlike working in larger consulting companies, you are exposed to a wide variety of projects which helps develop cross-functional skills. You also get to work with some of the smartest people you will meet in your career. Innovation and new ideas are highly encouraged by the top management and the company provides you with the freedom to execute the ideas.

ConsAs is typical of most consulting companies, work hours could be long based on project requirements and deadlines. Work pressure is high as often you have to work in an unstructured environment but CGN also provides you with the flexibility to manage your time.

Flexible, fun work enviroment. Innovative, strategic company

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)
    Peoria, IL

ProsI have been working here for almost three years and thoroughly enjoy the flexibility, challenges, and innovations of my job. Almost everyday I am challenged with new opportunities and unique projects. This small to midsize company has a global reach with a positive work environment and many opportunities to expand your professional expertise.

ConsWith innovation, comes lots of change. The many areas and industries of our business tend to expand/retract based on the ever constant changing marketplace.

I worked there for over 10 years and was very happy with my experiences there.

Associate Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Peoria, IL

ProsThe company always listens to its employees and more often then not will change its activities to help the employees out.

ConsHard to get raises, they are there, but it takes a while to get them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees, they really want to help the company with hits practices.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consultant

Consultant Analyst (Former Employee)
    Peoria, IL

ProsIntelligent people (but they all left the firm) & interesting projects

ConsNo leadership, No respect, low salary and Indian-culture oriented.

Disappointing place to work

Managing Principal (Former Employee)
    Peoria, IL

ProsIt's a job with a pay check

ConsNo integrity...very untrustworthy. Executive management hasn't got a clue how to grow business or build/support a strong team.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrity is everything in this business. Professional people will contribute their best when they feel their efforts are appreciated...and that they are actually a true valued member of the team.

Overall negative experience because Project management was a demoralizing team.

Consultant Analyst (Former Employee)
    Springfield, IL

ProsMy fellow consultants were very nice and very helpful. I felt very welcome when working with them.

ConsProject leads were salespeople who were more interested in selling to the client than supporting their staff. They liked to verbally beat up on staff and were not honest with staff. Callous is how I would describe them. Their focus was appearance, not reality.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't cuss and swear at your staff.

Going downhill faster than the speed of light

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGood group of people, lower-level managers care about their work

ConsUpper management's total lack of transparency, disrespect of employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to really think about who works for you and is dedicated to earning your company more money. Favoritism only works for so long; look at who your dedicated, high-performing employees are and appreciate them instead of chucking them for someone you "like" but is far less successful.

Great company if you are looking to learn in short span of time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmall company environment, however, opportunity to work at some of the larger corporations

ConsToo much micro management on consulting engagements

Advice to Senior ManagementHire talent and empower them

Lacks positive, organized leadership

ProsGood beginner job to gain experience and knowledge. Co-workers are friendly. Culture is laid back

ConsManagement does not seem very organized. Performance reviews are not given on a regular basis. Salary reduction is not short term.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they voice a concern or aim to achieve other goals. Focus on fixing internal problems as well as outside clients. A team that is dissatisfied and unmotivated will not produce good results for a client.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Very low morale

(Current Employee)

ProsNice office location and friendly people to work with.

ConsTraining is irrelevant. You are expected to take courses that are held internally after hours, but the courses have nothing to do with your job. Those training hours are tracked and you have goals but there are never performance or salary reviews so there's no point. Salaries were cut and not brought back when promised, yet they still hire people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMorale is low. No new opportunities are coming. Stop hiring if you can't afford to pay the people you already have.

Worked for CGN Global? Contribute to the Community!

CGN Global Videos

CGN Global – Why Work for Us?

At CGN, we make it possible for companies around the world to transform their organizations, improve their performance and become more profitable. We see the big picture, identify and solve core problems, discover new… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CGN Global reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CGN Global CEO Seshadri Guha. All 51 reviews posted anonymously by CGN Global employees.