CH2M HILL
careers.ch2m.com Englewood, CO 5000+ Employees

CH2M HILL Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Jacqueline Hinman

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good employer that could use some improvement

Project Staff (Former Employee)

I worked at CH2M HILL full-time for more than 8 years

ProsProfessional and competent employees have state of the art technology utllized in daily activities for clients. Engineers really try to give the client the best value in design. Procurement and construction contract administration especially strive to provide the best value for the client.

ConsBoth full time and contract workers seem to be quickly terminated when new projects slow down.

Advice to Senior ManagementProject managers seem to be permanent staff. Others seem expendable. Steps to mitigate this perception should be considered.

Great company to work for

Transportation Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI have been at CH2M Hill for the last 10 years and have been afforded every opportunity I desired. There is an opportunity to grow quickly in your career if you are willing to relocate.

ConsManagement focus seems to be shifting from people to profitability which is understandable in these economic times.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that the company becomes effective and not just efficient; the latter looks at the bottom line and not the whole picture.

Not the great place it was when Ralph Peterson was there and who hired Lee Mc? What a joke!

Project Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at CH2M HILL

ProsFlexible place overall depending on who your boss is. Teleworking allowed depending on who your boss is. Can be an awesome place to work...depending on who your boss is.

ConsHaving an overpaid supervisor that doesn't know their job or yours even after 3 years of being employed with the company. Having a manager that allows the nonsense to go on for so long when the company has let so many qualified people go who were paid less money. It's frustrating when management doesn't listen to the staff when the staff are the ones doing the work and understand the job. Ralph Peterson cared about everyone; Lee Mc. is out for himself and allows the overpaying of people who really need to be demoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip on what's really important. From the top to the bottom of the pay scale, everyone should be treated with respect and receive recognition for things they do for the company. Take care of your employees and they will take care of you.

CH2M HILL is a good company.

I have been working at CH2M HILL

ProsCH2M HILL is a respected engineering firm with a vast array of diverse projects. Employees are given opportunities to travel abroad and enhance their skillsets to provide more value to project teams.

ConsSalaries for planners could be more on the competitive edges. Besides, this leadership does not micromanage and the work hours are flexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership should strive to provide unbiased and objective feedback to employees. Sometimes judgements are made about personnel with lack of context.

Great Place To Work. Flexible Scheduling

Staff Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at CH2M HILL

ProsFlexible schedule, employee stock discount, employee-owned, low stress, decent raises

ConsSlow to move up the ranks, not enough training for newcomers

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain new employees, especially college graduates, more vigorously... budget for this every year

Great Place to summer intern

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at CH2M HILL

ProsThis is a great place to work as an intern. There are different "business" groups that so you can jump around to see what you like. There is an official intern program that you can do, and learn a lot about the company. i

ConsConsulting work can be slow during times of a recession, and being a part time of seasonal employee can be difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Try to integrate CH2M Hill with your other companies. Lockwood Greene (where I work) still seems seperated

Worked for CH2M HILL? Contribute to the Community!

CH2M HILL Videos

CH2M HILL – Why Work for Us?

As a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, operations, and program management, CH2M HILL has the human and technical resources, the international footprint, and the depth of know-how and experience to help… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CH2M HILL reviews and ratings in Atlanta, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CH2M HILL CEO Jacqueline Hinman. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by CH2M HILL employees.