CH2M HILL

CH2M HILL Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

CH2M HILL CEO Jacqueline Hinman

Jacqueline Hinman

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule means work/life balance is easier(in 26 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule, Pay scale is low(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Disrespectful coworkers, long hours, no work life balance(in 7 reviews)

• This all goes on while upper management sits and entertains on some mysterious budget(in 12 reviews)

Fabulous Company and Culture!

ProsGreat culture. Cannot highlight the company culture enough. The Yellow Book is a very strong moral compass for the company. Hires within usually for leadership positions which maintains culture and values.

ConsVery few.Very few.Very few.Very few.Very few.Very few.Very few.

Generally ok except long term employment ended due to a corporation change in risk profile.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA large E&C company with many assets and a good name in the industry.

ConsCompany has grown significantly through acquisition of smaller firms. Growing pains are sometimes prevalent.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you grow, remember and consider your employees. They are your assets. Make your training opportunities also available to older, experienced staff as well as the up and coming favorites. Be aware of the individual's need to progress in the company; deep in at least the group I was in, promotions do not come to most staff members. Favorites are promoted multiple times leaving the masses stagnate for years.

Procurement Summer Intern/Co-op

Procurement Co-Op (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsLearned a lot and gained experience in many aspects of the procurement process. Being that it is an internship/co-op, everyone was very willing to teach you the ropes and let you help out. Great group of diverse people. Able to interact with people from different departments on a regular basis. Flexible with scheduling.

ConsSince you are doing work for some big corporations, there are obviously some formalities that you must adhere to. The work is not all that challenging and can be tedious at times, but it is a great opportunity for someone interested in procurement or someone who does not yet have experience in a professional environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My review of CH2M Hill

ProsGreat coworkers. Benefits are marginal. PTO is great.

ConsThe company is too big. Higher ups tried to grow the company too quickly without thinking of the lower end of the totem poll.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the offices back. I bet you couldn't find 10% of the Denver employees who believe cubicles promote a good work environment. The company is currently passing off as cheap. And there is a huge difference between financial savvy and cheap. Cheap means someone is getting the short end of the stick, and it's not the executives.

Good Flexibility on scheduling, bad management and training.

Wastewater Treatment Operator (Current Employee)

ProsPTO is excellent, if anything having time off is almost too easy as alot of employees including management often miss work. I have found alot of good people in the company that are willing to help regardless of what position they hold.

ConsManagement seems very disjointed and at times a bit overbearing. It seems people are thrown into positions with little to no training or support and then get in trouble for not knowing things about the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive better support and training to people on the projects, often employees feel like they are left on an island with no outside support to employees.

doing okay but need more management experiences

Prosgood work life balance if you are in the right group and most groups are great. nice people
    people would recognize the ch2m hill name.

Conssome managers don't have any management skills which makes everything miserable. no space of advancing. promoting and salary increasing is all about the time you have been with the firm. lots of policies and relationships everywhere.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more efficient.

Difficult

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsEmployee owned, flexible hours,

ConsTerrible regional management, no accountability

Afraid We Are Losing Our Way

Project Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsRemnants of former culture still offer ability to keep the values in the LYB

ConsFailure to Grow, failure to stop the bleeding in the construction service area. Allow long-term, low value, high cost employees to remain

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on sales and stop doing certain things

Company is dysfunctional and reacts to changes, rather than proactively prohibiting problems. Rigid executive management

Project Management I (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat benefits and diversity programs

ConsRigid management; too many business groups and forced umbrella processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to what they excel in - Program management, water, and transportation. Stop trying to make every group fit the mold.

ok company

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosyou can stay there for as long as you wish even when work load is low

Consthere are not visible projects that offer a good challenge

Advice to Senior Managementtry to go after more visible projects.

Worked for CH2M HILL? Contribute to the Community!