CH2M HILL

Updated December 15, 2014
3.1

CH2M HILL CEO Jacqueline Hinman
Jacqueline Hinman

Pros
  • good work life balance if you are in the right group and most groups are great (in 30 reviews)

• I've always benefited from the flexible work schedule that CH2MHILL prides itself upon (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • New hires learn quickly that work/life balance, career opportunities, training and respect are only fleeting promises used for recruiting (in 11 reviews)

• Unfortunately skills of upper management are not equal in all sectors (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

CH2M HILL is currently a great place to work but it might be drifting away from that.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst/Applications Developer in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst/Applications Developer in Englewood, CO

I worked at CH2M HILL full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and great work environment. Allowed for tele-working and always pushed safety and wellness.

Cons

Hard to advance because people don't want to leave. Seems like a lot of management turnover lately and the company is getting away from the core values that made it so great a few years ago.

When considering layoffs, might want to do a better job of evaluating talent before letting them go.

16 Wonderful Years

Former Employee - Operations in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Operations in Englewood, CO

I worked at CH2M HILL full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employee ownership, highly competent and knowledgeable staff, ambitious and aggressive, fascinating projects, lots of opportunity.

Cons

Recent financial problems prompting staff reductions, difficult to maintain work-life balance at times, convoluted focus and employee communication.

Hang in there Jacque! You're a great leader who inherited a real challenge.

My experience with CH2M HILL has been excellent. The people that work there care about each individuals success.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at CH2M HILL part-time

Pros

The salaries are competitive and the work environment is great. Safety is kept in mind at all times and which is a key to their success.

Cons

This building is confusing and it is easy to get lost in at first. The security guard does not instill much of a feeling of safety.

Overall Promising

I have been working at CH2M HILL

Pros

Great opportunity for many interns to get a real feel for how things are done. They can take that information and gauge it against what they learn in school and also what direction they liked to take moving forward in their careers.

Cons

The training is often promised, discussed and planned but the execution is never meet. There has been a serious problem for years with the training initiative and it continues to be a major setback.

Great focus on safety, too much uncertainty and lack of job security.

I worked at CH2M HILL full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great opportunities for networking and exploring many career paths. Corporate office is located in Colorado, they encourage eco-friendly commuting and health & wellness for employees.

Cons

Certain business groups failing, which means extreme belt tightening and layoffs even for successful groups. Lots of fear and uncertainty, no feeling of job security.

Great Company

Current Employee - Electrical Tech
    Current Employee - Electrical Tech

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits package. Great co=workers.

Cons

Leadership is lost. No good direction, just more paperwork!

Great people to work with.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at CH2M HILL as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Consensus driven organization where your opinions and ideas matter. People are collaborative sharing knowledge easily. When there is a problem there is not finger pointing but rather how can we solve and learn from this experience. The client focus is core daily.

Cons

Being a consensus organization has its drawbacks. Once a decision is made, move forward and quit changing it, delaying the timeline, to meet everyone's agenda. Also, need more progressive thinking. Older generation needs to learn, while teaching, the younger generations; digging your heels in does not help the client or you.

Quick resolutions and decisions need to increase in the daily culture.

CH2M HILL Response

Nov 13, 2014Company Representative

We’re happy to hear of your experience working at CH2M HILL. Thanks for sharing your collaborative and solution-oriented work experience. We read every review and also want you to know that your ... More

Totally disorganized

I have been working at CH2M HILL

Pros

Not much except some exciting projects

Cons

I've worked 2,5 years and I've never felt involved. The Asia operation has been completely abandoned. Shame on you Denver

Think and act as a big internationally firm not as a local narrow minded US entity

Not so sure anymore

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time

Pros

Interesting projects, good cohesive atmosphere

Cons

Financial problems dragging morale down, many layoffs recently. Hard to feel part of the company if not in Denver. Remote office employees not engaged.

Hit hard times

Current Employee - Buyer Professional IV in Corvallis, OR
    Current Employee - Buyer Professional IV in Corvallis, OR

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

For the most part the people are great to work with, the pay is at the current level or above, and the bennys are good.

Cons

Pass CEO really cause the company to hit hard times. The current CEO is trying everything she can to pull us out of the nosedive we are in. No Cash for anything at the moment... and no overhead spending on anything.