CH2M Hill Industrial Design and Construction

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

George Lemon

Great Introduction to the Engineering Industry .

GIS Analyst (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsEfficient work flow and management style.

ConsLarge company where young employees can feel ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on developing young staff

Company has grown so fast that it has overlooked infrastructure that is missing in the core operations of the business.

Process Engineer (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsGood project experience for newly graduated engineers.

ConsCompany overlooks its most important asset - its talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook inward to fixing the gaps in business infrastructure that came as a result of growing big to quickly.

A solid consulting firm with strong ethics.

Mechanical Engineer I (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsConsulting in general gives good exposure to the employee.

ConsYou can be at the mercy of the markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that employees that work on-site with clients feel like a part of the larger overall team. Sometimes they can feel like they are on an island with no relation to the larger organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Under appreciated and my concerns are not validated.

Structural Engineer III (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsIt's a big company with large, wealthy client base. There is consistently work even in economic slow downs. Compensation is average.

ConsEmployees don't have any say when management makes decisions. For example moving an employee home office from downtown Portland to Hillsboro; 40 minute commute time increase and no additional incentive or compensation is available.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should show more respect to employees by giving them choices in matters that directly affect them. Incentives should be offered to encourage employees to work at project sites when management requires such a situation.

Excellent company to work for

CAD Manager (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsThis was an excellent place to work. They hired me originally on work experience and once complete, employed me full time. I quickly moved from CAD technician to CAD manager. There was a great atmosphere around the office and it was a very relaxed environment to work in.

ConsThe salary was low starting off. I felt I needed to leave in order to get the money I was looking for.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement provided me with every opportunity to improve and impress.

Deep in experience but lacking in leadership at the top.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHuge experience base and potential but marketplace is down now.

ConsTop leadership needs to be restructured to create more structure within the organization.

good learning experience, not much room to grow.

ProsThey offer great flexibility with weekly schedules and time off. Management is very respectful and show their appreciation when they can.

ConsThere is not alot of room to grow in my position. The atmosphere and location are not all that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide opportunites that were promised on hiring. Better manage employees with their time and what they are actually working on.

I have a great number of opportunities to gain experience.

Process Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsCH2M Hill is diverse. So a wide variety of experience is available. The nature of the business that CH2M Hill is involved in provides avenues to many career paths.

ConsThere is a high degree of tribal knowledge that is not documented or freely given. Often you are left on your own without any direction or the ability to discern avenues to complete tasks that are assigned.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less dismissive of employees. Often times employees want to help the company or try to share ideas. These ideas are dismissed and or no follow through is given as is promised by management.

Not a company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsFlexible for time off, it is a retirement workplace.

ConsNon-existent career and salary advancement.

Worked for CH2M Hill Industrial Design and Construction? Contribute to the Community!