CH2M Reviews

2.4
CH2M CEO Jacqueline Hinman
Jacqueline Hinman
1 Rating

Pros
  • Reasonable work-life balance depending on project work cycle (in 30 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule, Pay scale is low (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance driven by an impossible workload and performance expectations (in 11 reviews)

• More upper management than seems necessary (in 16 reviews)

This company could do much better

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at CH2M full-time

Pros

They have good work/life balance.

Cons

I have experience limited career growth in past 3 since i have been with this company.

Advice to Management

Management should provide current employees with opportunities to realize their true potential.

provide ehs support for construction management

Current Employee - Environmental Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Environmental Project Manager in New York, NY

Pros

concern for personal life evident. Supports professional devt licensing and conferences.

Cons

too large, too many layers of technical and managerial support. Average bennies for industry/poor healthcare plan vs previous employers.

Once a strong company now in decline. Even Outperformers are not getting rewarded.

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at CH2M full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- The people who work here are very strong technically and share a great team mentality. - Exciting and complex projects that have taught me a lot over the decade I've been here. - Flexible work schedule means work/life balance is easier.

Cons

I am in that very small minority of people that gets the highest "Outperforming" rating consistently, year after year. And yet my last 3 requests for promotion have been denied for unfounded reasons even after my CDF was completed with the required approval from all the reviewers. CH2M HILL used to be a place that I was proud to say that I worked at. But senior management has strayed so far from knowing what keeps their employees happy that I see many of my top co-workers leave in the last few years. I still enjoy my work but have long ago started to feel unappreciated. When I bring in millions in new business each year, and then get nothing more than a cost-of-living-adjustment as a raise, the excuses wear very thin. The excuse is always that the company hasn't done as well as projected, next year promises to be be another down-turn in the industry, etc. Which I would understand if it were true, but then later in the week we all get an e-mail from the CEO saying that our stock price in the last quarter has been the highest that it's ever been. Our salaries have not keep pace with our competitors. My guess is that the company is relying on it's image and ENR standings to get away with paying it's employees below the market rate. Another major issue is that they have eliminated the best health insurance plans and now your only choice is a PPO with a high deductible or a PPO with an even higher deductible. I joined my husband's work insurance policy and our joint coverage now costs a fraction of what CH was having me pay alone.

Advice to Management

Promote and properly reward your top performers. Otherwise they will leave. Not giving raises and promotions to those who have proven to earn them is akin to corporate self-cannibalization.

RSS Feed </> Embed